***Official 2009 N.L. Central Thread*** Congrats to the Cardinals***

Dukes hitting a grand slam against the cubs tonight
pimp.gif

Man Wainwright was great tonight. Wandy was good too but nobody was touching Wainwright.

Maybe the leader for the Cy Young?

Can this just be renamed the "Official St. Louis Cardinals Thread" now? Cubbies getting "blowed" out at home by the Natinals?!?! The BrewCrew showing no signs of real life, the Cards pulling out thrilling wins. As this month comes to an end it is becoming more and more apparent that thisdivision is about locked up.

^seriously. I cringe everytime I see this thread. reminds of how bad the cubs have done this season. Freakin Elijah Dukes. Elijah Dukes...

When my brother was watching the Cubs game today, he said "They still got a chance." I told him, "You will be saying the same thing when you are81." He is 11. Cubs bringing the worst out of me, no joke.

Originally Posted by JONFARR

Can this just be renamed the "Official St. Louis Cardinals Thread" now? Cubbies getting "blowed" out at home by the Natinals?!?! The Brew Crew showing no signs of real life, the Cards pulling out thrilling wins. As this month comes to an end it is becoming more and more apparent that this division is about locked up.
I seriously hope you didn't just jinx us with that. Haven't we learned anything? It's not over until the division is clinched and westill have over an entire month of baseball left before anyone can
pimp.gif
andeven then "if" the Cards were to win the division; I am not content with just that.

We are facing Oswalt tonight, shall I say more?
nerd.gif

*Raising the white flag*
Our starting pitching is the worst starting pitching in the history of Major League Baseball. Hopefully we find some starters for next year otherwise it willbe a repeat performance of this season.
Anyways I will be back to rub it in First B0ring's face when the Cardinals lose in the playoffs. Until then remember Prince and Braun are the best one-twopunch in Baseball and the Cubs suck, not as much as the Cardinals though.

Originally Posted by wildKYcat

Originally Posted by Wisconsin 4 Life

Prince and Braun are the best one-two punch in Baseball
holliday-pujols.jpg
eek.gif

I believe we are just renting him for this season............I think the only way we keep him is if we get to the NLCS at least. If we dont make it that far,i dont think the owners will approve the amount of money it will take to keep him.

Another close game by the cardinals.........Another win nonetheless.

It hasnt even been our offense winning the games lately....its been the staring pitching thats been keeping us up, which is really good to hear.

Jesus christ......I just looked at the stats and there is at least one cardinal in the top 5 of the major stats

albert in HR..RBI...Avg

Carp wain Joel in wins

Carp/wain in ERA (Joes is #11)

Franklin is tops in the NL in saves

This team is SERIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We need another world series visit to even think about keeping this team intact.....I think if we make it the owners will spend the dough. Holliday has beenbringing out soo many fans its crazy............Im gonna be at the Game tomorrow afternoon also, hopefully carp comes through with another GEM.

Great win by the Cardinals, beating Oswalt is always a challenge. I don't think Holliday will be back next year, with Scott Boras as his agent that prettymuch guarantees he won't be back. He will either be a Yankee or a Red Sox.
tired.gif

Well, we down 5-0 early, but are back to 5-4 in the 8th now........

At least we're fighting.
ohwell.gif
tired.gif

Regardless of all this crap this season, Aramis can RAKE!
pimp.gif

So much hope to start this season. Everyone wanted every player to do well, everyone wanted the Cubs to make a playoff run. WTH happened.

Harden got claimed off of waivers today. the Cubs will have to make a move or say goodbye.

Milton Bradley played the race card on the right field bleachers, went 0-5, and got booed as badly as I have ever heard anyone get booed. Hecannot come back. The Cubs will eat his 23 million dollar contract. What a stupid move to bring him here in the first place.

Lou wants to be gone. He is already in fire me mode during press conferences. Whether he leaves or not is a different story.

I just cannot believe what has happened. I feel like I am a Pirates fan.

I went to the game today and they lost...........Carp got knocked around today and it sucked!!!!!!!!!!!!

Our bullpen isnt very good outside of Trever Miller and Franklin........Everybody else sucks. (Jury is still out on hawksworth)

Im not ever worried about the division anymore........I dont think the cubs have any chance to come back to life after all this fallout with the coach, playersand the fans.......Kinda sad to see actually, i wanted some exciting competition this year.......Just makes the Central title all that sweeter.

All of this Cardinals winning the division talk in August is going to come back to bite us in the !$%
smh.gif

There is still more than a month left in the season, it's not over!

Back
Top Bottom