:: Official 2009 NBA Draft Thread ::

Originally Posted by Lazy B

[h1]Syracuse University's Paul Harris will play on Cleveland Cavaliers' summer league team[/h1] [h3]by The Post-Standard[/h3]
[h3]Saturday June 27, 2009, 5:25 PM[/h3]

large_121708subasket4DN.JPG

Dennis Nett / The Post-Standard Syracuse's Paul Harris blows past Canisius' Elton Frazier in the second half action at the Carrier Dome during a December game.

Former Syracuse University basketball player Paul Harris accepted an invitation to join the Cleveland Cavaliers' rookie free-agent camp, his former AAU coach said Saturday.

Jeff Bishop said Harris will play for Cleveland's Las Vegas summer league team. Harris immediately headed to Cleveland to join the team. The summer league begins July 10.
Harris received offers from three NBA teams to play on their summer league teams. Cleveland, the Chicago Bulls and the Minnesota Timberwolves all extended offers, Bishop said.
smh.gif
He should have went to Minnesota where he actually could have had a chance of making a roster.

You know son just wants to play with LeBron.
laugh.gif

Not looking at the big picture at all.

Any word on Dorf?

How does he NOT have a chance to make the CAVS roster?

Y'all think the Cavs are content w having Delonte West guard 2/3's?

Originally Posted by dreClark

How does he NOT have a chance to make the CAVS roster?

Y'all think the Cavs are content w having Delonte West guard 2/3's?

Knowing Mike Brown, yes.

Shuges,
I heard through the grapevine that Dorf has something lined up in Europe. I'll see how true that is in the coming days.

Originally Posted by GoldenTicket21

still cant believe the pacers wasted the #13 pick on pyscho t.
smh larry bird just wont give up trying to find the next version of him, a white superstar athlete. to bad Tyler is going to be a superbum in the league. smh

that ole dumb Larry Bird, what does he know about basketball?
ohwell.gif

Didn't know where this belonged:

[h3]Paul Harris heading to...MINNESOTA, will reunite with Jonny Flynn[/h3] [h4]Posted by Ryan Miller June 29, 2009 7:41PM[/h4]
Categories: SU Men's Basketball

medium_JonnyandPaul.jpg
The Post-Standard"We Belong Together"...yeah it's pretty sad I just quoted the title of a Gavin DeGraw song.
Paul Harris traveled to Cleveland for a workout where the Cavaliers are planning on assembling their NBA Summer League squad.
But he already had an offer from Minnesota for a spot on their summer team.

That and the minor detail that his Niagara Falls and Syracuse buddy Jonny Flynn is on the T'Wolves. Paul Harris and Jonny Flynn, Niagara Falls twin sons together in the Twin Cities.

I heard first from Dave McMenamin (shout out to a fellow SU alum) that Harris is going to play on Minnesota's summer league, then spoke to Harris over the phone.

"I feel like it's a great fit for me going to Minnesota," Harris said. "They've got other young guys fighting for spots just like me so I'm going in hoping to fight to make the roster, and I think it'll be great playing with Jonny Flynn."

Harris will fly straight to Las Vegas on July 9. The NBA Summer League kicks off July 10 but the Timberwolves first game is July 12 vs. Houston.

Before he hung up, Paul said, "I'll see you in Vegas!" and asked me if I wanted to drive with his cousin Dexter. One road trip with Dexter was enough after we drove to Miami and back for the NCAAs haha.

I'll leave you with "Reunited" by Peaches and Herb, where the lyrics kind of make sense in a sick, twisted way after Paul really almost spurred Jonny by going to Cleveland. You knew they couldn't be apart for long.

"I was a fool to ever leave your side
Me minus you is such a lonely ride
The breakup we had has made me lonesome and sad"

http://www.youtube.com/v/W2vvOPsiVdU&hl=en&fs=1&http://www.youtube.com/v/W2vvOPsiVdU&hl=en&fs=1&
http://
large_JonnyblocksPaul.jpg

So we're making this the draft thread now?
laugh.gif

Alright, well either way I updated first page/title if we do use  it

Only reason I said "We're making this one the draft one?" is because dude posted the Sherron Collins Pre-Draft Interview right above me.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Yeah, I really didn't want the responsibility of making two huge threads (NBA Offseason and 2010 draft), so someone else start the draft one.

My man fault, I didn't even realize that this was the 2009 thread. I just Topic Searched Draft and this thread was the first one to come up. It didn't have the year 2009 in the title, just "NBA Draft July 2_" - My fault. Lock this up.

I will Start up the new thread
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom