:: Official 2009 NBA Draft Thread ::

Yahoo! Sports

The Washington Wizards have acquired Minnesota Timberwolves guards Randy Foye(notes) and Mike Miller(notes) for Etan Thomas(notes), Oleksiy Pecherov(notes) andDarius Songaila and the fifth pick in Thursday's NBA draft, a league executive with knowledge of the deal told Yahoo! Sports.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Yahoo! Sports

The Washington Wizards have acquired Minnesota Timberwolves guards Randy Foye(notes) and Mike Miller(notes) for Etan Thomas(notes), Oleksiy Pecherov(notes) and Darius Songaila and the fifth pick in Thursday's NBA draft, a league executive with knowledge of the deal told Yahoo! Sports.

So Minny has 5 & 6?....Interesting.

Foye+Mike Miller for basically the #5?

#5 and #6?

Or trying to move up?

Evans+Hill?

Evans+Thabeet?

Evans+Flynn?

Yahoo! Sports

The Washington Wizards have acquired Minnesota Timberwolves guards Randy Foye(notes) and Mike Miller(notes) for Etan Thomas(notes), Oleksiy Pecherov(notes) and Darius Songaila and the fifth pick in Thursday's NBA draft, a league executive with knowledge of the deal told Yahoo! Sports.
roll.gif
roll.gif

What is Washington doing?

Yahoo! Sports

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Thabeet + Rubio...Make it happen Kahn. I love this guy already.
If that happens... I don't want to make a username bet, but that'd be nuts..
sick.gif

Gilbert
Mike Miller/Foye
Caron
Tawn
Haywood

And that's it.

MEHHHHHH. Bad move Wizards, but I guess what would the fifth pick have done for them that Foye/Miller couldn't bring to the table right now.

So wait, why exactly are the Celtics tryna give Rondo away?

Yall know Boston just tried to ship him to Detroit today (Ray Allen & Rondo for Tayshaun/Rip & Stuckey I think Chad Ford said), Dumars deaded it...Thatactually happened, no rumor.

is there something I missed? Rondo's name has been in mad trade scenarios lately...for what?

Originally Posted by Durden7

You want Thabeet???
sick.gif

Shoooot. If we got Rubio I'd be happy with Thabeet. When we got Jefferson and even Love (for now), Thabeet will be nothing but a shot blocker andrebounder. Absolute perfect fit for him if this goes down the right way.

Originally Posted by Durden7

You want Thabeet???
sick.gif

Shoooot. If we got Rubio I'd be happy with Thabeet. When we got Jefferson and even Love (for now), Thabeet will be nothing but a shot blocker and rebounder. Absolute perfect fit for him if this goes down the right way.
if the wolves got both thabeet and rubio, it's almost certain that one of those guys would be gone.

how do you figure both fall to 5 and 6???

Those 2 are not possible, unless Love is moved...which would be dumb.

thats BS man. i knew the wizards are ******ed (even though they'll be good next year). WALSH IS *##%%@# SLEEPING!!! Btw, they should have just announcedall these deals on draft day would have made things alot more interesting

A small move

[h1]Detroit Trades Amir Johnson To Bucks[/h1]

Jun 23, 2009 7:39 PM EST

Johnson_Amir_det.jpg
The Bucks have flipped FabricioOberto to the Pistons in exchange for Amir Johnson, according to a source.

Oberto was acquired by Milwaukee from San Antonio earlier on Wednesday.

RealGM Note: The move will save Detroit in their salary cap space pursuits, as Oberto's contract is non-guaranteed.

Via Sporting News

I didn't know you could turn around and trade so fast.
sick.gif

I hope no one makes a thread about this trade.
smh.gif
laugh.gif

how do you figure both fall to 5 and 6???

Those 2 are not possible, unless Love is moved...which would be dumb.

I don't, but I'm figuring they might use at least 1 of those picks packaged with other later first round picks to move up further, in which caseit's possible.

Minny isn't going to stand pat. Clearly gunning for Rubio.

Everybody has Memphis 'settled' on Thabeet, and OKC can now pick up another 1st rounder from Minny and still land Harden at 5, since, Sac won'ttake him because they have KMart already.

This with Minny taking Rubio at 3. Book it.

Nice trade by the Wizards, and im kinda glad we got rid of Amir i got sick of waiting for him to finally become decent. Its a contract year and well he wasntgonna play any better and he wasnt gonna stay in detroit after the season just wish we got someone decent back.

I actually think the could package Love with the 5th pick..
nerd.gif

Either Love or Brewer, but Love more precisely, then pick someone like Hill with the 6th.

Rubio
Carney
Sam Young
Hill
Al Jefferson

HELLA young.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom