Official 2009 NCAA Tournament Thread. The Very Best Have Gathered Upon One Stage.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

What state sent the most teams to the tourney?

Kentucky sends 3 this year (and no UK
frown.gif
smh.gif
ohwell.gif
)

I think it was Ohio...not 100% but I remember seeing it on bspn. Almost finished with the first round...

UNC has too many question marks right now to pick them as National Champs. My predictions:

- Danny Green has picked the worst possible time to go COLD from the floor. He's missed 22 of his last 25 shots and looks lost on defense.

- Lawson isn't 100%, he's nowhere close. With the junior point guard still nursing a swollen big toe on his right foot, North Carolina will haveunending anxiety over the next three weeks hoping Lawson will be tough enough to play at full speed in every game.

- UNC's four losses were partly a result of being unable to contain dynamic playmaking guards. LSU's Marcus Thornton, the SEC Player of the Year, couldpresent problems in the second round. Gonzaga's Matt Bouldin and Jeremy Pargo, potential Sweet 16 opponents for UNC, may also be difficult to handle.

- Hansbrough has been whistled for at least four fouls in three of UNC's last six games. If the senior center gets into foul trouble at any point in thenext three weeks, the chances of a season-ending loss increase dramatically.

I just want them to lose... I don't care who does it just somebody prevent that ({}) from winning a National Title.

I don't believe Cuse can do it, although they have the tools to present them with a lot of headaches considering they don't defend well. They wouldhave to play a GREAT GREAT GREAT game. I do however believe that Jonny could and would dominate Ty, its the other pieces that I'm not so sure about.

just really goin over things now and makin picks

and it's a struggle this year..Deadset, I'm kinda at the same problem...except I think Pitt is better than Nova and Nova better than Duke. Can'tcall that region. Memphis and Uconn have noooo comp. Yet, I trust neither.

And I'm back on the horse after The Tennessee/UCLA labor day debacle
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

I just want them to lose... I don't care who does it just somebody prevent that ({}) from winning a National Title.

I don't believe Cuse can do it, although they have the tools to present them with a lot of headaches considering they don't defend well. They would have to play a GREAT GREAT GREAT game. I do however believe that Jonny could and would dominate Ty, its the other pieces that I'm not so sure about.

You got Cuse getting by OU?

im torn between the whole nova v duke...then winner v pitt. i feel like if nova gets there, its nova. otherwise, pitt beats duke. that's the last thing i need to settle on and then my bracket is done
Took me a while to settle on Nova over Duke then Pitt over Nova I went back and forth for a while.

I can't screenprint, so..

Sweet 16
Louisville
Wake
WVU
Mich State

Uconn
Purdue
Marquette
Memphis

Pitt
Xavier
Nova
Duke

UNC
Gonzaga
ASU
Oklahoma

Elite 8
Louisville
WVU

Uconn
Memphis

Pitt
Nova

Gonzaga
ASU

Final 4
Louisville
Uconn
Nova
Gonzaga

I feel absolutely grimey picking my boys to bounce so early, but I just do not like our draw. I think WVU is going to sneak up on us in the 2nd round.
tired.gif

Any bracket without Northern Iowa/Temple in the final is false. Watch. Don't say I didn't warn you either.

Originally Posted by Proshares

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

I don't believe Cuse can do it, although they have the tools to present them with a lot of headaches considering they don't defend well. They would have to play a GREAT GREAT GREAT game. I do however believe that Jonny could and would dominate Ty, its the other pieces that I'm not so sure about.

You got Cuse getting by OU?

im torn between the whole nova v duke...then winner v pitt. i feel like if nova gets there, its nova. otherwise, pitt beats duke. that's the last thing i need to settle on and then my bracket is done
Took me a while to settle on Nova over Duke then Pitt over Nova I went back and forth for a while.

No I have OU, I was stating if they do some how manage to make it past Blake and UNC does what most believe them to do then thats what would occur.

As far as Pitt goies I'm not sure, I think the better match up for them would be Nova considering the familiarity of it. Mean while Duke/Pitt always seemto play down to the wire and I think we would get them if we got past Nova, which I don't see happening.

-I blamed this whole @@@@ on Jerome Dyson. This !!*@%$$$@%%* would've solved a lot of my bracket problems if he was healthy.
-I can't believe I can't believe I have I'm forced to have Memphis going to the Elite Eight.I'm not even a fan of Tyreke during this time of the year.
-I also vowed to never have an Edgar Sosa team in the Final Four, yet like Memphis my hands are forced.
-I need that Duke/Nova game to happen, but something tells me that Nova will get shafted like UNC did them 4 years ago.

• Thanks to all of the 65 schools invited to the NCAA tournament for your help on our ESPNU Coaches Spotlight Monday. We talked to 64 of 65 schools over a five-hour period with Cal State Northridge being the one exception due to coach Bobby Braswell dealing with his son's legal issues. Most of these interviews will be on ESPN.com in some form this week.

Here are some of the highlights:

• North Dakota State's Saul Phillips said he should coach in a gorilla suit because he heard Kansas' Bill Self say the Jayhawks don't play well when they're distracted.

• When asked how Syracuse's legs are after playing in seven overtimes, coach Jim Boeheim said they're so good they could pose for pictures.

• Texas A&M coach Mark Turgeon said that once he saw BYU pop up on the line he knew the Aggies weren't playing the Cougars because they played them last year in the first round. Not quite. But he and BYU coach Dave Rose said playing each other has cut down the prep time this week.

• North Carolina coach Roy Williams said guard Ty Lawson has to go through a walk-through Tuesday and a practice Wednesday before he can play in the first round Thursday in Greensboro with his jammed right toe.

• Pitt coach Jamie Dixon said he's concerned about Levance Fields' back and groin injury so much that he wouldn't rule out holding him back from playing Friday in the first-round 1-16 matchup with East Tennessee State in Dayton to give him a few more days of rest.

• Stephen F. Austin coach Danny Kaspar said North Dakota State's Ben Woodside was the best guard the Lumberjacks played this season.

• Michigan coach John Beilein said he was nervous after seeing Mississippi State win the SEC tournament. He said once Michigan's name popped on the board, he didn't even see whom the Wolverines were playing or where because he was so excited.

• Oklahoma coach Jeff Capel said the guards have to be more consistent if the Sooners are going to win.

• Louisville's Rick Pitino mentioned that he wasn't concerned about possibly playing Ohio State in Dayton in the second round because the last time the Buckeyes played in the NCAAs in Dayton they lost. He also said he thought Dayton people, not Ohio State fans, bought the majority of tickets. He did anticipate Buckeyes fans would gobble up extras. He also said he had no issue with a road game since the Cardinals played a "road" game against Syracuse in the Garden for the Big East tournament title.

• Alabama State's Lewis Jackson and Morehead State's Donnie Tyndall: Both said they packed for the whole week in Dayton, anticipating that they would stay after winning the opening-round game. Tyndall liked that the first game of the NCAAs was alone on the air Tuesday, while Jackson wasn't a huge fan of a separate game.

• Ohio State's Thad Matta said the Buckeyes had to start over once David Lighty got hurt this season.

• Siena's Fran McCaffery wasn't surprised that the Saints got a 9-seed. In fact he said they deserved it and he believed they would have received a bid without winning the MAAC.

• Wake Forest coach Dino Gaudio said Jeff Teague has to be a big-time scorer for the Demon Deacons to advance.

• USC coach Tim Floyd said the Trojans are 8-0 with a healthy team this season.

• Cleveland State coach Gary Waters said no one is giving his team a chance against Wake Forest.

• Binghamton coach Kevin Broadus was realistic and said it would be extremely difficult to beat Duke.

• Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski said it was great to see this group of Blue Devils win a championship (the ACC tournament).

• UConn coach Jim Calhoun admitted that his core group still needed to win a postseason game. Only Jeff Adrien and Craig Austrie have ever done so -- in 2006.

• Michigan State coach Tom Izzo said he would be lying if he tried to claim that the Spartans weren't thinking about playing at "home" in Detroit in the Final Four.

• Utah State coach Stew Morrill expects the Aggies, as an 11-seed, to have a great crowd in Boise.

• Cornell coach Steve Donahue said the Big Red can fly direct -- on a charter -- from Ithaca to Boise. Who knew?

• Mississippi State coach Rick Stansbury sounded like Calhoun when talking about Jarvis Varnado. He said Varnado is becoming an offensive presence like a shot-blocker, just like what Calhoun has said about Hasheem Thabeet.

• Villanova coach Jay Wright said the Wildcats were savvy to playing at the Wachovia Center. He said the building folks wanted them to play four games in the building, but the Wildcats knew that would eliminate them from playing there since under NCAA rules you can't play more than three games in a building and play in that arena. So the Wildcats played a fourth game outside the Pavilion at the Spectrum -- the last college game at that arena (which was a win over Pitt). But Wright admitted that the Wildcats had to be at least a No. 3 seed to host.
• Akron coach Keith Dambrot said he received a text message from LeBron James as soon as the bids were announced. Dambrot coached James early in high school, and while James didn't go to Akron, he's a huge supporter of his hometown school.

we're on a very similar page, allen...if you're bracket still looks like what you posted on the previous page
laugh.gif

Oh ok.

I got two minds because I think OU's got enough behind the Griffins to make a serious run...but I'm leaning towards SU maybe knocking them off...andI'm still undecided between UNC/Zags.

I hate the bottom half of the South bracket, all those teams suck. No idea who to pick.
indifferent.gif

Ant,

That Sox fitted is FYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEE!!!

But that hoodie Good HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUFF!!!

CAKE

Originally Posted by PhilBalla09

Originally Posted by Elpablo21

I'm So damn tired of hearing about Jarvis Varnado and Eric Maynor
smh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

they're talking like he's gonna drop 60 w/ 25 dimes
If I didnt know any better I'd think he was the second coming of christ the way people talk about him
ohwell.gif

20 Facts I've found out about him so far
1) When the boogeyman goes to sleep at night, he checks his closet for Jarvis Varnado.

2) Jarvis Varnado once roundhouse kicked someone so hard that his foot broke the speed of light, went back in time, and killed Amelia Earhart while she was flying over the Pacific Ocean.

3) Jarvis Varnado is the reason that Waldo is hiding.

4) Outer space exists because it is afraid to be on the same planet as Jarvis Varnado.

5) There are no disabled people. Only people who have met Jarvis Varnado.

6) Jarvis Varnado does not hunt because the word hunting implies the possibility of failure. Jarvis Varnado goes killing.

7) Chuck Norris wears Jarvis Varnado pajamas.

8 ) When Jarvis Varnado falls in water, Jarvis Varnado doesn't get wet. Water gets Jarvis Varnado.

9) When Jarvis Varnado does his taxes, he is required to include every person on earth as his dependents.

10) If you wake up in the morning, it's because Jarvis Varnado spared your life.

11) Jarvis Varnado's calendar goes from March 31st to April 2nd, no one fools Jarvis Varnado.

12) Superman's only weakness is Kryptonite. Jarvis Varnado laughs at Superman for having a weakness.

13) There's Jarvis Varnado, then there's 64 other teams he lets into his tournament

14) Jarvis Varnado's tears can cure cancer. But Jarvis Varnado has never cried.

15) If you have five dollars and Jarvis Varnado has five dollars, Varnado has more money than you do.

16) Jarvis Varnado is suing MySpace for taking the name of what he calls the area around the basket.

17) 2/3 of the earth is covered by water. The other 1/3 is covered by Jarvis Varnado.

18) Some kids piss their names in the snow. Jarvis Varnado can piss his name in concrete

19) Jarvis Varnado could strangle you with a cordless phone.

20) President Obama has decided to rescind his stimulus plan b/c he knows Jarvis's SWAT's will be so powerful the ripple effects will jumpstart the economy.

Back
Top Bottom