OFFICIAL 2009 NFL DRAFT (APRIL 25-26) VOL. NFL SALVATION

Originally Posted by heat23

oak.gif

7. Raiders: Bo Jackson, RB, Auburn

Team needs: wide receiver, offensive tackle, center

pg2_w_jackson1_sw_134.jpg

Oakland already has multitalented tailback Darren McFadden in the fold, but general partner Al Davis apparently is smitten with the idea of teaming Jackson and McFadden in the same backfield. Jackson's athletic versatility is second to none. He's a two-time Alabama prep decathlon champion who also starred in baseball at Auburn. We also should mention that 6-foot-1, 227-pound Jackson ran a 4.12 40-yard dash at the scouting combine. Seriously. Jackson rushed for 4,303 yards and 43 touchdowns at Auburn, averaging 6.6 yards per carry. He also receives high marks from scouts for vision, instincts and cutting ability. Said former Cowboys executive Gil Brandt: "He will be an immediate star in this league."
AFC West blogger Bill Williamson: Jackson will find a crowded backfield in Oakland. The Raiders don't know what to do with the running backs they already have. But Bo is a perfect Raiders back.
How come nobody told me about this
sick.gif
I knew he was fast wordto Tecmo Bowl but
sick.gif
Al Davis needs to invest in a time machine
nerd.gif

unbelievable how Tyson Jackson made a huge jump in the top 5. REEEAACCHHH for any team in the top 10 if he is chosen in that range.

anybody think if that happens, it'll remind us of the Jaguars trading up to draft Derrick Harvey last year?

that's #*%!#*$%. I coulda swore Deion has the combine record at 4.19. Somebody needs to find an article or something about him running a 4.12

Originally Posted by jville819

that's #*%!#*$%. I coulda swore Deion has the combine record at 4.19. Somebody needs to find an article or something about him running a 4.12
bo ain't run that at the combine.
it's so funny how they've been taking times at the combine for years, but once 5-10 years pass, those times just go out and disappear

Is there are website that keeps track of these fools like McShay,Maycock and Kiper say thru the years?

Like why should I listen to Kiper if he thought Alex Smith was going to be Pro Bowler?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by TrillipinoTrapstar

unbelievable how Tyson Jackson made a huge jump in the top 5. REEEAACCHHH for any team in the top 10 if he is chosen in that range.

anybody think if that happens, it'll remind us of the Jaguars trading up to draft Derrick Harvey last year?

not even close. Harvey is a DE in a 4-3 defense & Jax desperately needed a pass rusher. who knew that the rest of their team would fall apart?
if you have a glaring need, you have to address it and that's what the Jaguars attempted to do.
as for the Chiefs, they have alot of other needs, that defense is piss poor, they should just get the most talented defensive player available and move fromthere.

sidenote, i'm guessing Glenn Dorsey is moving to DE in their 3-4?

Digger85 wrote:
this is like christmas day for any serious nfl fan
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I was gonna put in the title "VOL. MERRY CHRISTMAS" but because of the upcoming releaseof the lastest movie of my fav movie series. I went with"NFL SALVATION"

Digger85 wrote:
this is like christmas day for any serious nfl fan
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I was gonna put in the title "VOL. MERRY CHRISTMAS" but because of the upcoming releaseof the lastest movie of my fav movie series. I went with "NFL SALVATION"
lol cant wait to get this started already

Dorsey is a man without a position right now. I've seen a couple of places rumoring a trade, but I'm not buying it.

Originally Posted by The Wizard

Originally Posted by TrillipinoTrapstar

not even close. Harvey is a DE in a 4-3 defense & Jax desperately needed a pass rusher. who knew that the rest of their team would fall apart?
if you have a glaring need, you have to address it and that's what the Jaguars attempted to do.
as for the Chiefs, they have alot of other needs, that defense is piss poor, they should just get the most talented defensive player available and move from there.

sidenote, i'm guessing Glenn Dorsey is moving to DE in their 3-4?
He better not. He will be more of a bust there then he was in the middle. He isnt athletic enough to play end. Maybe if he loses about 15 pounds
nerd.gif

As long as Eagles snag Moreno/Brown/McCoy and/or Pettigrew/Cook I'll be happy.

Originally Posted by COOLnificent

oak.gif

7. Raiders: Bo Jackson, RB, Auburn

Team needs: wide receiver, offensive tackle, center

pg2_w_jackson1_sw_134.jpg

Oakland already has multitalented tailback Darren McFadden in the fold, but general partner Al Davis apparently is smitten with the idea of teaming Jackson and McFadden in the same backfield. Jackson's athletic versatility is second to none. He's a two-time Alabama prep decathlon champion who also starred in baseball at Auburn. We also should mention that 6-foot-1, 227-pound Jackson ran a 4.12 40-yard dash at the scouting combine. Seriously. Jackson rushed for 4,303 yards and 43 touchdowns at Auburn, averaging 6.6 yards per carry. He also receives high marks from scouts for vision, instincts and cutting ability. Said former Cowboys executive Gil Brandt: "He will be an immediate star in this league."
AFC West blogger Bill Williamson: Jackson will find a crowded backfield in Oakland. The Raiders don't know what to do with the running backs they already have. But Bo is a perfect Raiders back.
How come nobody told me about this
sick.gif
I knew he was fast word to Tecmo Bowl but
sick.gif
Al Davis needs to invest in a time machine
nerd.gif

@!%+@* too drunk for this %$%%, whats going on?

im orgasmic ... something serious about the nfl ... the more the cowboys suck the more i like the nfl, its weird ... its like damn this could be our year LOLknowin damn well we may only win 5 this year ...

Originally Posted by jrp44

did the draft always start at 4? Seems mad late this year
laugh.gif

Naw blud, used to start at 10 or 11 eastern, I'm up her sweatin and !$*$ thinkin I can't go to sleep. I got a cool 5 hours before this %@*!% starts.

Havent looked through the thread so I apologize if this is repeated info. Friend just called me and told me that Michael Holley said the Pats are looking totrade up for Andre Smith. Belichick loves Saban players so it isnt too hard to believe but you never know. Carry on....

Latest McShay's mock

Originally Published: April 25, 2009

[h2]Changes in top five[/h2]

http://insider.espn.go.com/insider/index
By Todd McShay
ESPN.com
Archive

Editor's note: Below is Todd McShay's updated first-round projection, which will continue to be updated until the draft kicks off.

The No. 1 overall pick in the 2009 draft is set after the Detroit Lions and QB Matthew Stafford agreed to arecord-breaking rookie contract, but there is still plenty of conjecture about what will happen beyond that.

Our top five has been suffled since our first update on Friday afternoon and DE Tyson Jackson is now in the top threewhile OT Michael Oher has cracked the top 10, giving us four tackles among the first 10 picks. And for the first time during the pre-draft process OLB/DEConnor Barwin is now a part ofthe first round.

Remember, trades are not a part of this projection, so we have the Broncos addressing their offense and defense, the Jets looking for receiver help in themiddle of the first round, and the Giants filling their receiver need with the 29th pick rather than a trade for an established veteran.

Big names falling out of the first round in this projection include LBs Clay Matthews and James Laurinaitis and WR Hakeem Nicks.

Here's how we see the entire first round playing out at this point:

1. Detroit Lions: Matthew Stafford, QB, Georgia

2. St. Louis Rams: Jason Smith, OT, Baylor

3. Kansas City Chiefs: Tyson Jackson, DE, LSU

4. Seattle Seahawks: Mark Sanchez, QB, USC

5. Cleveland Browns: Aaron Curry, OLB, Wake Forest

6. Cincinnati Bengals: Andre Smith, OT, Alabama

7. Oakland Raiders: Michael Crabtree, WR, Texas Tech

8. Jacksonville Jaguars: Eugene Monroe, OT, Virginia

9. Green Bay Packers: B.J. Raji, DT, Boston College

10. San Francisco 49ers: Michael Oher, OT, Mississippi

11. Buffalo Bills: Brian Orakpo, DE/OLB, Texas

12. Denver Broncos: Robert Ayers, DE, Tennessee

13. Washington ********: Brian Cushing, OLB, USC

14. New Orleans Saints: Malcolm Jenkins, CB, Ohio State

15. Houston Texans: Aaron Maybin, DE/OLB, Penn State

16. San Diego Chargers: Chris Wells, RB, Ohio State

To see the remainder of the first round, including where Josh Freeman and Knowshon Moreno are projected to land, become anESPN Insider today.

17. New York Jets: Jeremy Maclin, WR, Missouri

18. Denver Broncos (from CHI): Knowshon Moreno, RB, Georgia

19. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Josh Freeman, QB, Kansas State

20. Detroit Lions (from DAL): Peria Jerry, DT, Mississippi

21. Philadelphia Eagles: Brandon Pettigrew, TE, OklahomaState

22. Minnesota Vikings: Percy Harvin, WR, Florida

23. New England Patriots: Connor Barwin

24. Atlanta Falcons: Alex Mack

25. Miami Dolphins: Darius Butler

26. Baltimore Ravens: Rey Maualuga, ILB, USC

27. Indianapolis Colts: Darrius Heyward-Bey, WR, Maryland

28. Buffalo Bills (from CAR through PHI): Eben Britton, OT, Arizona

29. New York Giants: Kenny Britt, WR, Rutgers

30. Tennessee Titans: Vontae Davis, CB, Illinois

31. Arizona Cardinals: Donald Brown, RB, Connecticut

32. Pittsburgh Steelers: Max Unger, C,Oregon

Todd McShay is the director of college scouting for Scouts Inc. He has been evaluating NFL prospects since 1998. Scouts Inc.'s Steve Muench andKevin Weidl also contributed to this report.

Originally Posted by toine2983

eek.gif
@ Stafford's contract.

Jesus.

exactly.........

sometimes i wish i could just go back to freshman in HS with all the knowledge i know now.

goin Pro is so serious.

i remember the good old days when this thing used to start at 11am est 8am pacific. waiting until 4 FTL

Skins fans..will any of you be at fed-ex field for the draft day party?? I will be there.. Black Sean T shirt

Back
Top Bottom