OFFICIAL 2009 NFL DRAFT (APRIL 25-26) VOL. NFL SALVATION

i hope not. we REALLY need help on defense. OLB, DB...they shouldnt even think offense until their 4th pick at 58th overall...

KLJ...i'm still pissed at kiper for that donald brown pick...if that happens, and with belichick, i wouldnt be surprised, i'm gonna punch my tv.

Originally Posted by WILLINC

Can someone post Kipers final mock

[h2]Tyson Jackson moves to No. 3[/h2]
By Mel Kiper
ESPN.com
Archive

[h4]More Mock[/h4]
Whom will your favorite NFL team select in the first round of the upcoming draft? Where will your favorite college players land? Mel Kiper and Todd McShay have the answers in their updated mock drafts. To see them and all the best NFL draft coverage online, become an ESPN Insider.
in.gif

Editor's note: Below is Mel Kiper's final pre-draft projection.

Well, we're closer to the draft, and while the top of it looks pretty set, with the Detroit Lions looking to wrap up the signing of Georgia QB Matthew Stafford, there still is quitea bit of intrigue in the first five picks.

The pivotal team will be the Kansas City Chiefs. Much has beenmade of new general manager Scott Pioli's penchant for trading because of his past with the New England Patriots. But I expect him to stay where he is for this draft(third overall) and turn the draft upside down by picking LSU DE Tyson Jackson. This kid is the best fitfor the Chiefs' 3-4, and Pioli clearly knows the value of a good defense. In my previous mock draft, I had Jackson going to the Denver Broncos at No. 12, but Jackson fits perfectly with the Chiefs andPioli isn't afraid to make a big play.

Another high riser in this draft is USC quarterback Mark Sanchez. He was criticized in somecircles for not waiting a year and possibly being the overall No. 1 pick in 2010, but it looks like his gamble might pay off, as I have him going No. 4 to theSeattle Seahawks. Now, this could get interesting for Sanchez,because if Seattle doesn't take him, he could fall to No. 13 and the Washington ******** or No. 17 and the New YorkJets. If he's available after the Seahawks' pick and before the ******** are up, don't be surprised to see the Jets move up to take him.They are very high on him.

NFL.com Video

An inside look at quarterback Josh Freeman from Kansas St.
Kansas State's Josh Freeman is another quarterback whocould go in the first round. If he doesn't go to the Tampa BayBuccaneers at No. 19, I wouldn't be surprised to see someone trade back into the first round to get him like the Cleveland Browns did to pick up Brady Quinn in 2007. Freeman hasfirst-round talent, and it's going to be hard for a quarterback-needy team like the Jets, St. Louis Rams, San Francisco 49ers or Minnesota Vikings to let him pass by.
This also could be a year when we see a couple of trades with teams moving up to get their guys. The Philadelphia Eagles, the Jets, Tampa Bay and Denver's secondfirst-rounder (18th pick) all are in places where those teams might not get the guys they want.

One of the hottest guys in this draft is wide receiver Kenny Britt. He has moved up quite abit, and I have him going No. 22 to the Vikings. Many believe he is one of the best route runners in the draft and has tremendous upside. He has had some greatindividual workouts and has impressed. On the flip side, wide receiver Hakeem Nicks has dropped due to hissubpar workouts and might fall out of the first round.

With that in mind, here's my opinion on how the first round could unfold:

1. Detroit Lions: Matthew Stafford, QB, Georgia

2. St. Louis Rams: Jason Smith, OT, Baylor

3. Kansas City Chiefs: Tyson Jackson, DE, LSU

4. Seattle Seahawks: Mark Sanchez, QB, USC

5. Cleveland Browns: Aaron Curry, LB, Wake Forest

6. Cincinnati Bengals: Andre Smith, OT, Alabama

7. Oakland Raiders: Eugene Monroe, OT, Virginia

8. Jacksonville Jaguars: Michael Crabtree, WR, Texas Tech

9. Green Bay Packers: B.J. Raji, DT, Boston College

10. San Francisco 49ers: Jeremy Maclin, WR, Missouri

11. Buffalo Bills: Brian Orakpo, DE/OLB, Texas

12. Denver Broncos: Robert Ayers, DE, Tennessee

13. Washington ********: Brian Cushing, OLB, USC

14. New Orleans Saints: Malcolm Jenkins, CB, Ohio State

15. Houston Texans: Aaron Maybin, DE, Penn State

16. San Diego Chargers: Michael Oher, OT, Mississippi

17. New York Jets: Percy Harvin, WR, Florida

18. Denver Broncos (from CHI): Chris "Beanie" Wells, RB,Ohio State

19. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Josh Freeman, QB, Kansas State

20. Detroit Lions (from DAL): Rey Maualuga, ILB, USC

21. Philadelphia Eagles: Knowshon Moreno, RB, Georgia

22. Minnesota Vikings: Kenny Britt, WR, Rutgers

23. New England Patriots: Donald Brown, RB, Connecticut

24. Atlanta Falcons: Vontae Davis, CB, Illinois

25. Miami Dolphins: Darrius Heyward-Bey, WR, Maryland

26. Baltimore Ravens: Brandon Pettigrew, TE, OklahomaState

27. Indianapolis Colts: Peria Jerry, DT, Mississippi

28. Buffalo Bills (from PHI, which received from CAR): Phil Loadholt, OT,Oklahoma

29. New York Giants: Clay Matthews, OLB, USC

30. Tennessee Titans: Darius Butler, CB, Connecticut

31. Arizona Cardinals: Everette Brown, DE,Florida State

32. Pittsburgh Steelers: Max Unger, C,Oregon

Mel Kiper has been analyzing the NFL draft for ESPN since 1984.

They said Jackson makes sense for Kansas City because of the fit, and they supposedly don't want to pay Aaron Curry that much cash as a MLB in the 3-4...

Can't imagine New England would have to move up that far to get Pettigrew... Really have no idea who they'd be trading up that far for...

I don't want Percy on this team, if we go wr, I'd rather have DHB, or Britt. Leon already does a lot of the !!+$ that Percy does.

Where has this thread been,
laugh.gif

I guess I got confused with the mock draft thread, which I didn't partake in.

The draft should be interesting.

I just hope that the Niners have a good draft. I don't like the fact that in mock drafts we are getting Aaron Maybin or even Orakpo. Maybin had a solidyear last season, but that was it, one year. He is fast of the edge, but at the same time he needs to put on some weight. I'm not an Orakpo fan.

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

Originally Posted by franchise3

According to Peter King, the Pats are trying to move into the top 10. Offered Jacksonville their 1st rd and middle of the 3rd rd pick but Jags turned it down.

good
pimp.gif

Jaguars looking for 'playmakers'.

[h2]Sources: New interest in Cards' Boldin[/h2]
Comment Email Print Share
ESPN.com news services

4512.jpg

Boldin
The Arizona Cardinals have reduced theirtrade demands for disgruntled receiver Anquan Boldin toa second-round pick in Saturday's draft and other considerations and are talking to at least three teams who seem to be interested, two sources toldEPSN's Sal Paolantonio on Friday.
The New York Jets, New York Giants and Philadelphia Eagles have expressed interest given the downgraded demandsfrom a first- and third-round pick, the sources said.

Sal Paolantonio covers the NFL for ESPN.

Thanks Heat

I really want a WR in round 1, but I just dont think Parcells will do it.

If Clay Matthews is there at 25, Im guessing that will be the pick.

Seahawks debating between Curry and Crabtree @ 4 according to King, and have shied away from Sanchez.

McDaniels will not be trading up for Sanchez, and said he wouldn't even draft him if he fell to 12. Via ESPN News/Ed Werder

Seahawks debating between Curry and Crabtree @ 4 according to King, and have shied away from Sanchez.

McDaniels will not be trading up for Sanchez, and said he wouldn't even draft him if he fell to 12. Via ESPN News/Ed Werder
Damn, why get a receiver after getting T.J. tho

The Chiefs are apparently debating taking Sanchez at #3 and turning around and shopping him to everybody else...
laugh.gif

If you wanna get outta that spot and can't do it straight up, might as well take the guy that's supposedly drawing a ton of interest around theleague... Just seems like a huge risk though...

Does Clay Matthews remind anybody else of Bobby Carpenter? Maybe I'm just missing it... But I just don't see that working out well for whoever takeshim...
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Does Clay Matthews remind anybody else of Bobby Carpenter? Maybe I'm just missing it... But I just don't see that working out well for whoever takes him...
ohwell.gif
SI has an article on all three USC backers...said he's the safest pick out of the three...doesn't do anything phenomenally, but doeseverything pretty damn well.

We'll see. My thing is though they have a lot of money tied into Lofa Tatupu and Leroy Hill.

How much sense does it make investing that #4 spot into another LB even if he may the best prospect in the draft?

As far the Chiefs, that's super risky to draft Sanchez and hope to create a bidding war...teams might just screw the Chiefs

and let them deal with their 2 high profile QB's on the roster. They better have a deal in place already if they do that.

I never saw it, but did what Mangini had to say about Crabtree that turned them off ever come out?

Chiefs lookin at Sanchez????? Seriously? I'd be sick if I were a chiefs fans and they did that.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Chiefs lookin at Sanchez????? Seriously? I'd be sick if I were a chiefs fans and they did that.
The only fans I've seen wanting Mark are Bronco fans
[color= rgb(0, 0, 0)]and a 49er fan[/color]

Does Clay Matthews remind anybody else of Bobby Carpenter? Maybe I'm just missing it... But I just don't see that working out well for whoever takes him...
ohwell.gif
I don't think that Clay is a big, whiny ({}) like Barbie

Originally Posted by AG 47

We'll see. My thing is though they have a lot of money tied into Lofa Tatupu and Leroy Hill.

How much sense does it make investing that #4 spot into another LB even if he may the best prospect in the draft?

As far the Chiefs, that's super risky to draft Sanchez and hope to create a bidding war...teams might just screw the Chiefs

and let them deal with their 2 high profile QB's on the roster. They better have a deal in place already if they do that.

are you ready for DHB? fuuuuuuuuuuuu
laugh.gif

I never saw it, but did what Mangini had to say about Crabtree that turned them off ever come out?
Apparently, Crabtree's ego is a bit too much for Mangina to handle...
The Browns have all but crossed off Michael Crabtree as a candidate for the No. 5 overall pick, said a source.
The Texas Tech receiver brought a diva attitude on his visit to the club facility last week and did not impress coach Eric Mangini and others, the source said. In fact, Crabtree was described by some in the building as "not nice." After Crabtree left, Mangini secured last-minute workouts with borderline first-round receivers Hakeem Nicks of North Carolina, Kenny Britt of Rutgers and Mohamed Massaquoi of Georgia.

http://www.cleveland.com/...blog_cleveland_br_2.html

Not to mention this...

Texas Tech wide receiver Michael Crabtree participated in a live-chat session Thursday on NFL.com.

At one point, a questioner asked Crabtree his thoughts on playing for the Raiders.

"I'm not cocky at all," Crabtree said. "People talk, man, but I'm a cool guy. As for playing for the Raiders, no comment."
He later said it would be fun playing for the Dallas Cowboys, the team he rooted for as a child. He also has said that he wants to play for the Cleveland Browns.
So, why the slight against the Raiders? Crabtree didn't expand upon his "no comment" remark.

He did say later in the chat he didn't mean he didn't want to play for the Raiders and that he will play for "whoever chooses me."

Still, that has to be a red flag to Raiders coach Tom Cable, who is working hard to build a roster filled with players who are about team and want to be here.
Crabtree's failure to say the right things Thursday no doubt will filter back to Cable and be factored into the Raiders decision whom to pick with the No. 7 selection in the NFL Draft.

The Browns reportedly "have all but crossed off Crabtree from their draft board after meeting with him last week, according to the Cleveland Plain Dealer.
The report said that Browns coach Eric Mangini was put off by Crabtree's "diva attitude."
As a result, the Browns lined up last-minute workouts with North Carolina's Hakeem Nicks, Rutgers' Kenny Britt and Georgia's Mohamed Massaquoi.
Don't put it past Mangini, either, to bad-mouth Crabtree in an attempt to sway teams such as the Raiders from trading ahead of the Browns so that they could get Crabtree.

Regardless, Crabtree hasn't done himself any favors by dismissing the Raiders only two days before they might consider drafting him, paying him millions of dollars and making him a focal point of their offense.
http://raiderbeat.com/?p=1939

This dude gonna alienate half the league 24 hours before draft day.

smh.gif
laugh.gif
@%$* was you thinkin, Mike?

Arizona eyeing Knowshon.

Looking to hopefully trade Boldin, and use that pick they'd be getting in part of a package to move up.

Lions going with Stafford...
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/04/24/lions-staffords-the-guy/
Lions: Stafford's The Guy
Posted by Aaron Wilson on April 24, 2009, 6:19 p.m. EDT

University of Georgia quarterback Matthew Stafford will be tabbed by the Detroit Lions as the top overall pick of the draft despite the fact that they have yet to strike a deal at the negotiating table, according to Thomas George of NFL.com, citing a Lions team source.

Neither Stafford's camp or the Lions are reportedly concerned about the absence of a signed contract as the NFL Draft is set to launch Saturday.

The Lions have repeatedly said that they want the contract completed before they make the pick. However, there is still time to wrap up the details between now and the start of the draft Saturday afternoon.

"We've had some good talks, some good visits and sessions, and I would feel very comfortable there and believe I could become a part of growing something special," Stafford said Friday. "I wouldn't feel lost there at all."

http://www.profootballtal...lions-staffords-the-guy/

Back
Top Bottom