Official 2009 NY Jets ( 9-7 ) Season Thread. Jets vs Colts 1/24 . AFC Championship !!!!

Lets get it crackin
pimp.gif

dmvak4.jpg

256ahrl.jpg

2vtte9i.jpg

Sanchez-12.jpg

Harris-rain-1.jpg

Washington-rain-11.jpg

Scott-rain-3.jpg

" I guarantee one thing, this year this defense will be violent " - Bart Scott
pimp.gif

I see them going 8-8 this year. That defense is going to be a decent force this season.

i dont think so either, coach already said he was vocal last year about flacco starting and he wont think twice about starting a rookie. hope sanchez pans outthough, god knows the jets need a break already.......

Defense is going to be better this year.

Ryan will be a character for sure with this Jets team.

Can't wait. (Sold my Jets/Rams tickets for the pre-season and bought Giants/Jets instead)

schedule don't look too tough but 8-8 seems realistic, 9-7 if they get a break, 10-6 if the pats team plane crashes somewhere ...........

Originally Posted by onewearz

schedule don't look too tough but 8-8 seems realistic, 9-7 if they get a break, 10-6 if the pats team plane crashes somewhere ...........

I guarantee we beat the Pats once. We always play them tough.

I think Ryan will take this team places in two or three years. That defense needs VG to step up and play like he deserved that high pick.

As much of a Cowboys fan I am, I secretly root for the Jets to do well too *shrugs*

Slow down there champ...Cowboys 1st...rooting for the Jets make me feel like less of a bastard to NY
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

figures onewearz and proshares are jets fans...the rivalry continues
laugh.gif

dude i dont know %#!! about hockey but i'll be rootin for the rangers this year and the knicks are a gimme. u are my lex luther.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

nba and celtics im ehhh about...but rangers, you're on. maybe ill be die hard celts when they play the knicks the this year
laugh.gif

i see two losses already on your schedule...9/20 and 11/22...so 14-2 is the best you'll do, not counting playoffs of course

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

i'll take 14-2 in a heartbeat even if it meant losing 2 to the pats.

Originally Posted by Proshares

I see them going 8-8 this year. That defense is going to be a decent force this season.

QFT.

Curious to see Sanchez once he takes the reigns. And the way analysts are downgrading Thomas Jones, should we expect Leon to be the full time back byyear's end?

I don't get why anyone would be downgrading Jones. He had a great year last year IMO. Maybe this year drop his carries from almost 300 to maybe 220 or so,get him more involved in the passing game and get Greene and Leon those carries.

[h1]Allison lands in Big Apple[/h1]
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on August 5, 2009 5:12 PM ET
Drew Rosenhaus is back to breaking news about wideout Aundrae Allison.

One day after the superagent possibly annoyed the Vikings by announcing on Twitter that the team would release Allison if they couldn't find a trade partner, we learn that Allison has been claimed by the New York Jets.

It's a logical fit because the Jets are thin at wide receiver after Jerricho Cotchery, Chansi Stuckey, and Brad Smith.

Some would argue that the previous sentence could have ended after Cotchery.

The Jets are looking for deep speed, so Allison will at least get the opportunity to break into their rotation.
Link

that could work, i cant front i dont know much about dude but the jets are so weak at WR . i'll try anyone right now .........

I don't get why anyone would be downgrading Jones. He had a great year last year IMO. Maybe this year drop his carries from almost 300 to maybe 220 or so, get him more involved in the passing game and get Greene and Leon those carries.

He did have a great year last year, but he's on the wrong side of 30 and he's disgruntled. If he was younger, he'd have the contract he wants noproblem, but there's to many red flags for a RB his age. It was really surprising that he had the year he had.

And Allison was the best WR out school ever had
pimp.gif
. If that counts forsomething
laugh.gif
. I remember him being a good special teams guy with theVikes but that's it. I think I remember him having a lot of drops too. Cotchery is our No. 1, Stuckey is our No. 2, Smith/Clowny are our No. 3. SigningAllison won't really mean a thing.

Allison has the longest play in Vikings history....104 YD kickoff return. Of course it came against the Detroit Lions
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

I don't get why anyone would be downgrading Jones. He had a great year last year IMO. Maybe this year drop his carries from almost 300 to maybe 220 or so, get him more involved in the passing game and get Greene and Leon those carries.

He did have a great year last year, but he's on the wrong side of 30 and he's disgruntled. If he was younger, he'd have the contract he wants no problem, but there's to many red flags for a RB his age. It was really surprising that he had the year he had.

pimp.gif
. If that counts for something
laugh.gif
. I remember him being a good special teams guy with the Vikes but that's it. I think I remember him having a lot of drops too. Cotchery is our No. 1, Stuckey is our No. 2, Smith/Clowny are our No. 3. Signing Allison won't really mean a thing.
Don't forget, we had one of the best O-Line's in the NFL on his side.
I believe any mediocre running back can look stellar with our O-Line blocking for him.

Apparently Leon's agent flew in, and talks with the team are looking okay so far. Nothing concrete yet, but hopefully this thing gets resolved before itgets ugly.

Originally Posted by Copp 2 Of Em

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

He did have a great year last year, but he's on the wrong side of 30 and he's disgruntled. If he was younger, he'd have the contract he wants no problem, but there's to many red flags for a RB his age. It was really surprising that he had the year he had.

pimp.gif
. If that counts for something
laugh.gif
. I remember him being a good special teams guy with the Vikes but that's it. I think I remember him having a lot of drops too. Cotchery is our No. 1, Stuckey is our No. 2, Smith/Clowny are our No. 3. Signing Allison won't really mean a thing.
Don't forget, we had one of the best O-Line's in the NFL on his side.
I believe any mediocre running back can look stellar with our O-Line blocking for him.

Apparently Leon's agent flew in, and talks with the team are looking okay so far. Nothing concrete yet, but hopefully this thing gets resolved before it gets ugly.
Heard that too. Things are looking good in terms of Leon. Have you guys been hearing about Shonn Greene? I've been hearing he's beenincredibly soft in practice. I swear this guy was supposed to be praised for his toughness. I know it's training camp, but still...

Back
Top Bottom