Official 2009 NY Jets ( 9-7 ) Season Thread. Jets vs Colts 1/24 . AFC Championship !!!!

eek.gif
pimp.gif

[h1]How much will Bengals rest starters?[/h1]
By Joe Reedy
CINCINNATI ENQUIRER

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...will_bengals_rest_starters.html#ixzz0b9SWTVYc

CINCINNATI - It's not a question of if the Bengals will rest their starters in Sunday's regular-season finale against the Jets, it's how much.

For the Bengals, a lot of that could depend on the result of the New England-Houston game. If the Patriots win, then the Bengals (10-5) are locked into the fourth seed no matter what happens. But if the Texans win, the Bengals could get the third seed if they beat the Jets.

If both the Bengals and Patriots lose there is a very small chance that the Bengals could get the third seed. New England has the edge based on strength of victory.

At least early in the week, it's business as usual around Paul Brown Stadium.

"It will be another Sunday for us," coach Marvin Lewis said. "I'll make those adjustments and so forth later in the week and as we go. We're going to approach it as a game we need to win."

However, Lewis has acknowledged that he could adjust the situation after Sunday's early games.

Another thing that could come into play is the fact that the Bengals and Jets could see each other two straight weeks. A Jets win would give them the fifth seed, meaning New York (8-7) would be making a trip here for a first-round game either Jan. 9 or 10.

"All those things, we're going to take all those things into consideration there," Lewis said.

The players say they will approach things in the same manner as the coaches if it means playing one half or the entire game.

"We're still trying to improve as a team and keep taking steps forward," safety Chris Crocker said. "You play to win first and foremost. We'll prepare as if each starter will play the whole game and then determine things as the game goes along."

Said defensive tackle Domata Peko, who has missed the last four games: "Whatever they feel like they want me to do. I've been gone 3-4 weeks and want to get back out there playing and get some snaps. If they want me to play a little bit or the whole game I want to get out there and hit someone."

As for the fact the Bengals will be in prime time for the first time this season, Lewis doesn't see the situation much different from how they have approached things the last three weeks and that the pressure is more on the Jets, who need to win to get into the postseason.

"They've got more on their shoulders than we do," Lewis said. "I think they have the pressure of having to win the football game to get into the playoffs, and so forth. I think our guys will be fine with it, I told them since the time we went to Minnesota it's like it's going to be the rest of the season and it's played out like that."

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...2-29_how_much_will_bengals_rest_starters.htmlLink
"We are a team that thrives on momentum," Palmer told reporters in Cincinnati. "We want to go out and shut [the Jets] down and put up some points. We need that momentum and aggressiveness going into the playoffs. We need that indestructible feeling going into the postseason."
Link

Originally Posted by bkmac

Originally Posted by emkay

Originally Posted by bkmac

Here is the list of Meadowlands-era Jets scheduled to attend Sunday night's game and to be recognized at halftime:
http://www.newyorkjets.com/blog/posts/1424-stars-return-to-mark-end-of-a-stadium-era

2006 is missing. That was Curtis Martin's last season. Look for the surprise
pimp.gif
Watch it be a scrub like Kevin Barlow or Cedric Houston
mad.gif
eek.gif
The Kevin Barlow experiment gone horribly wrong
roll.gif

that bum
laugh.gif
i hated that guy when he was with the 49ers.

Originally Posted by J Steezzz

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

im gonna cheer, im a 49er fan but the Jets are cool with me as well.

I was in New York the week of the 1999 AFC Championship game against Denver. My dad bought me a starter Keyshawn replica jersey that day and i remember the place going crazy when the Jets took that 10-0 lead in that game. i've followed them alot and wanted them to win the years they were in the playoffs 2001, 2002, 2004, and 2006

i guess you could consider the Jets a team 1B for me if you want because I have followed them for a while and chrebet and curtis martin were 2 of my favorite players. i got to make it to the preseason game against the rams during the summer. the fans at the game were real cool

the game should be fun though, the situation reminds me of week 17 of the 2002 season when they won the divison against the packers after being left for dead a few weeks before that. i know if they win the stadium is going to be going crazy
You had to remind me about that '99 AFC title game
frown.gif

it was '98, but I feel you. After the turnover & C.Martin TD.. I thought it was ours... The game being nationally televised should pretty much pump upthe Jets.

Really am hyped for sunday nights game.

Going to get some under armor on saturday after the Nets/Cavs game in the afternoon.

Cold weather night games ftw/ftl

pimp.gif
laugh.gif
mad.gif

But I am ready.

Waiting for the invoice from the Jets though since they will be the fifth seed if they win and they will make a big deal that they could possibly host a homegame in the playoffs. (They have done it to season ticket holders before even when they were the 6th seed
indifferent.gif
)

Hyped though none the less.

Oh, No Glenn Foley, Ray Lucas, Curtis Conway, Keith Byers, on sunday?????

how about quincy carter????

laugh.gif
happy.gif

i need ONE ticket. i hate how ppl love to back out last minute smh. ahhh if anybody knows one ticket good seats ill pay up to 150-180 depends where it is.

Originally Posted by Copp 2 Of Em

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

im gonna cheer, im a 49er fan but the Jets are cool with me as well.

I was in New York the week of the 1999 AFC Championship game against Denver. My dad bought me a starter Keyshawn replica jersey that day and i remember the place going crazy when the Jets took that 10-0 lead in that game. i've followed them alot and wanted them to win the years they were in the playoffs 2001, 2002, 2004, and 2006

i guess you could consider the Jets a team 1B for me if you want because I have followed them for a while and chrebet and curtis martin were 2 of my favorite players. i got to make it to the preseason game against the rams during the summer. the fans at the game were real cool

the game should be fun though, the situation reminds me of week 17 of the 2002 season when they won the divison against the packers after being left for dead a few weeks before that. i know if they win the stadium is going to be going crazy
You had to remind me about that '99 AFC title game
frown.gif

it was '98, but I feel you. After the turnover & C.Martin TD.. I thought it was ours... The game being nationally televised should pretty much pump up the Jets.
i always get mixed up with what year to say the game was. i know it was the 1998 season but the game was played in january 1999, i'vealways been confused on which year to say a teams afc or nfc title game was, the year of that season or the year the game was played in.

I don't know why the link isn't working, but I got this from a Jets forum I post on. Braylon Edwards on Sundays game:
"We won't lose this game,'' the wide receiver boldly declared before repeating himself. "We want it too bad.''

"Guys are serious about winning this game,'' Edwards continued. "Guys aren't talking about New Year's Eve or family. All guys are talking about is the playoffs, beating Cincinnati. I'm convinced that this team is 100 percent in. I don't think we can lose this game.''
I get more and more pumped as the week progresses.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by onewearz

happy new year fellas, hopefully the jets shock us all and go on a run for the ages
pimp.gif
One could only hope brotha
pimp.gif

Yo, it's come to the point where I want to skip Saturday and go straight to Sunday night. I'm too pumped for this game
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

so amped for this game !!!!!!!

1 more day fellas
pimp.gif

image.axd

vs.

drcamp.jpg

cant #@*$@*+ wait
pimp.gif
2 picks for Revis as we steamroll into the playoffs on a big high with 4 wins till the trophy comes home
pimp.gif

so amped for this game !!!!!!!

1 more day fellas
pimp.gif

image.axd

vs.

drcamp.jpg

cant #@*$@*+ wait
pimp.gif
2 picks for Revis as we steamroll into the playoffs on a big high with 4 wins till the trophy comes home
pimp.gif
If the trophy comes home I honestly have no clue how I would react. Would I be happy, or too shocked to be happy?

i just got offered 2 tix with parking passes for tonight for $ 100 .

i wanna go but it's gonna be freezing tonight. struggling with this decision. if anybody wants the tix let me know. my boy dont want them to go to waste.........

I will be leaving in a bit

got my under Armor yesterday and will be fully bundled

cant wait.

i just got offered 2 tix with parking passes for tonight for $ 100 .

i wanna go but it's gonna be freezing tonight. struggling with this decision. if anybody wants the tix let me know. my boy dont want them to go to waste .........
Go old man! Go!

Hey my tickets are up on the ticket exchange.

snowing bad here.

decided to stay put for tonight.

they are sec 311 row 31, 23 and 24

man y'all gotta go to this game! last game at the meadowlands, jets can possibly make the playoffs....its a must go to
laugh.gif

Well if i could leave my development I would.

lol.

plus the wind is that bad

really should not of made it a night game

Back
Top Bottom