Official 2009 World Baseball Classic vol. II

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

Stupid question but hopefully someone can help.

Is the higher seed always the home team? So at Dodger Stadium, since the home dugout is on the 3B line, would that put the higher seed down on that side? I already got my tickets set for one of the semi games but wanted to see whos side I would end up on given the different possible scenarios.

It SHOULD be like that, but who knows. I had seats for the away dugout at petco park and was hoping they would follow their reg season way, since the padresare the 1st base dugout, and they did. I was a but worried tho since I wanted to be by the mexico dugout

I saw Youk is getting an MRI on his ankle...PLEASE tell me he didn't get hurt during that celebration.

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

Since the semi's are here, the only team I wouldn't mind seeing is venezuela. The rest are all ehhh. USA team is all a bunch of of B-team guys. When I went in 06 their roster on paper was stacked....but this year :/

Well these bunch of B-team guys got farther than that 06 team did. Why would you want to see a bunch of superstars if they don't know how to play togetherand win?
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by bbllplaya23

Since the semi's are here, the only team I wouldn't mind seeing is venezuela. The rest are all ehhh. USA team is all a bunch of of B-team guys. When I went in 06 their roster on paper was stacked....but this year :/

Well these bunch of B-team guys got farther than that 06 team did. Why would you want to see a bunch of superstars if they don't know how to play together and win?
ohwell.gif

i dont care if these guys would have swept the whole tourney....theres only 2-3 players on that team that id pay to see
grin.gif

did anybody see when they were interviewing the 06 manager for japan? they used a translator, but when they were asking the questions in english, he keptnodding his head like he knew what question was being asked
laugh.gif

I'm amped regardless. Baseball @ the ravine
smokin.gif

I want Cuba to win this though, and then lose to Korea tomorrow to see a politically heated game this weekend
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

This format is really dumb. Korea is playing Japan for the 4th time this tournament.....

^ They were in the same pool from the beginning, and it's a double elimination tourney.

these asians are playing some really good games. gotta give em props. some real good ballplayers out there
pimp.gif

exactly, this is how baseball SHOULD be played. Not waiting for a stupid dinger to pull you out of a rut, MANUFACTURING runs is where it's at
smokin.gif

i cant front , i've really enjoyed these games alot more than the usa games. they play the game right, it's got me wanting to see more of they'rebaseball.

wonder why some of them can't really do good over here. i mean don't get me wrong theres been some guys who have done well but theres also been guyslike kei igawa who was a star over there but completely sucks over here ......

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

Stupid question but hopefully someone can help.

Is the higher seed always the home team? So at Dodger Stadium, since the home dugout is on the 3B line, would that put the higher seed down on that side? I already got my tickets set for one of the semi games but wanted to see whos side I would end up on given the different possible scenarios.

It SHOULD be like that, but who knows. I had seats for the away dugout at petco park and was hoping they would follow their reg season way, since the padres are the 1st base dugout, and they did. I was a but worried tho since I wanted to be by the mexico dugout

home team will be on the 3rd baseline a la dodger home games, look at the WBC photo album on dodgers.com, it confirms it.

wonder why some of them can't really do good over here. i mean don't get me wrong theres been some guys who have done well but theres also been guys like kei igawa who was a star over there but completely sucks over here ......
pressure and workload would be my guess. Igawa is the Irabu of this decade. Add the fact that they're in NY, it might just topple theirconcentration.

they need to bring the tournament to better stadiums

i know miami is close to central america/south america, but bring that to NY and place would be packed.

Anyone attending any of the games this weekend, specifically tomororow. If any Venezuela fans accidentally ended up on the right field side, ill swap you 4 for4 (field level infield only).

Back
Top Bottom