OFFICIAL 2010-11 NHL SEASON THREAD ... Regular season has ended. Visit Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread.

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

Originally Posted by PhilBalla09

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

pimp.gif
nice win

we stink tho
laugh.gif
well we usually have trouble against the stinky teams
laugh.gif

nah kidding...but yeah you guys have hit a rut lately...whats the injury situation? i know pronger is out. who else?

laugh.gif
at the avy, btw

yeah pronger is out, the only one.... lately? try sucking since all star break
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif

have faith PhilBalla, there D is still playing strong they lost 2-1 on a bad penalty by Richards (whose is usually money)...if they can get their offense back on track they will be alright, I have seen flashes, they just need to put it together consistently and not every other game.

Can't believe how the penguins keep grinding out victories in SOs. Very proud with Bylsma and this team, regardless of how the playoffs go

record is so deceiving. They got dominated most those game. they lost all the games against top competition and beat the teams they're supposed to. If it wasn't for Bob/Bouch they could easily be 1-9. I can't remember if they had a game where they flat out dominated
30t6p3b.gif

ohwell.gif
it's hard to watch these guys...PP stinks, getting outworked, outshot. Offense looks so disorganized, not even interested like they float around. I agree with D looking strong even with no Pronger.  Hopefully they turn it on during playoffs.
tired.gif

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Originally Posted by Physicx

yo man, krejci has been a ++%+*@$ machine the last 20 games or so

but i just read the news on anze kopitar. damn...broken ankle. sucks for la fans

2 players from our top line out within the a week span.  
30t6p3b.gif

Only thing our fans can do is hope for a speedy recovery, and hope the Kings stay positive in that locker room.  
tired.gif
if there is a time for penner to step up, its now

the only good that came out of anze going down is j1 had him in the fantasy league and i overtook him. now im in the finals against phil
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Ziostilon

And we're still doin' it.  Injuries ain't an excuse.  
I love the cockniess of the Vancouver fans right now. Chicago needs the 8th seed, I don't want any other seed other than the 8th. Big game against the Red Wings tonight.

Originally Posted by Physicx

if there is a time for penner to step up, its now

the only good that came out of anze going down is j1 had him in the fantasy league and i overtook him. now im in the finals against phil
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Yeah, Penner's window is now open for sure. 

Originally Posted by Proshares

Read that Savard is having issues of memory loss
30t6p3b.gif

If memory loss is affecting him, what if other sensory things start to be a problem?   
I think he needs to call it quits.  

Originally Posted by LVJordan238

^Good to see another Ducks fan in here. It's amazing what these guys have been able to do when trailing late in games, and Hiller might start tomorrow. 
happy.gif

If he gets into form, headed into the playoffs, I think we could take any team out in a series.

Too bad Hiller was dismal agains buffalo. Emery looked damn good against chicago.

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

I love the cockniess of the Vancouver fans right now. Chicago needs the 8th seed, I don't want any other seed other than the 8th. Big game against the Red Wings tonight.

And to be honest, we deserve to be cocky right now. The Canucks are playing so damn well despite all the injuries, it's insane.

Come playoffs, bring it, Chicago
smokin.gif
Y'all ain't repeating
grin.gif

Huge win for the Hawks last night..such a great game to watch

But work on a new cele Hossa
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by FOG

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

And to be honest, we deserve to be cocky right now. The Canucks are playing so damn well despite all the injuries, it's insane.

Come playoffs, bring it, Chicago
smokin.gif
Y'all ain't repeating
grin.gif

From regular season success?  No, you definitely don't.  You combine losing Hamhuis & Malhotra with Luongo being a ghost in key games in the postseason, I don't think you can be cocky at all.  Before you know it, you guys will be the new Sharks
laugh.gif
.  Lord help you if you match up with Chicago or the guy I think who can steal the Vezina from Timmy, Pekka Rinne.

I am in no way a big Canucks fan, but I don't think you can say that Luongo is going to cost them in the playoffs. He did after all help us win gold in the Olympics which I would argue was more pressure than the playoffs, playing in Canada and the tournament being one and done instead of a series.

Being in Canada he was playing for the country, not just for Canucks fans so there was immense pressure on that team to win gold and he played very well in the tournament IMO. Plus he wasn't that bad last year in the playoffs, losing to the eventual champs is nothing to be ashamed of.

I'm just going with history and it's not on the Canucks or Luongo's side.

Besides, Olympics and playoff hockey are two totally different beasts. You have the best offensive firepower in the world to attack and keep the puck out of your zone most of the game and you have the best blueliners in the world keeping shots to a minimum/giving up only bad angle shots.

I hope so. Heading in to the Garden soon. This would be a big win/confidence booster for the upcoming two weeks.

Back
Top Bottom