OFFICIAL 2010-11 NHL SEASON THREAD ... Regular season has ended. Visit Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread.

roll.gif
@FIRST B0RN Are you talking about NT Canuck fans, or just fans in general?
I've been down this road before and know to hold my tongue. 
laugh.gif

However, you'd have to agree your team is a shell of what it was last year. Toews is a beast; I hate Patrick Kane, but he kills the Canucks. The Hawks are still a dangerous team, don't get me wrong, but not on the level last years Stanley Cup winner was.

I'd be lying if I didn't say I'd be  nervous facing them, but come on. If you can't see that Vancouver is a MUCH improved team over last year, then you haven't seen enough of their games.

Lou has quietly righted himself after a pretty bad first half. And with Schneider backing him up, I think we are solid there.

To be honest, I'd love a second round match with Chicago. 
pimp.gif

There's a gem, Cliff Ronning.

I think they are a much improved team from last season Chris but those two injuries are going to hurt in the playoffs and TBH I've been fooled by this story with a different team behind it before.

Absolutely. Manny on ST and faceoffs was key.
Hamhuis I'm more worried about long-term. This concussion business is no joke.

Andrew Alberts and Alex Edler should be back before the first round, so that's a start. 
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by empirestrikesfirst

^
I pray to my Cliff Ronning and Pavel Bure bobbleheads that this is true.

omg, hearing those names take me back so much to my teenage years.  
Jyrki Lumme, Trevor Linden, Kirk McLean etc...  Canucks did suck for a while in the middle-late 90's, always in last place battles with the Kings.  
laugh.gif

The Manny injury is big, he won key faceoffs. It'll only hurt them more in the playoffs.

If Sharp comes back healthy and the Hawks make the playoffs. They can handle Vancouver.

Flyers better come to play against the Pens tonight, they probably will since their offense plays every other game

Originally Posted by kash55

I think the Canucks can deal with the Hawks this year.

Say that out loud to yourself and really try not to crack your voice
laugh.gif
If we meet in the first round, your squad is getting eliminated. We can put an Avy/sig wager to make things fun. That goes for all of you Vancouver fans here. I will be the first one to admit that this years team isn't the same team that won it all last year, however I know we have all of the key parts to defend Lord Stanley. Like my man Proshares said, the Cannucks are very close to being the "New Sharks". I am looking forward to the playoffs and I really want the 8th seed just to have the chance to send the winner of the President's Cup packing in the 1st round.

I'll take that bet.
IF they play one another, the loser has to change his avy and sig to the winner's team until that team is out of the playoffs.

Spoiler [+]
...and HOW DARE YOU call them the new Sharks. 
mad.gif
laugh.gif

Vezina voting is going to be rough this year. Timmy, Bryzgalov, Rinne, Henrik and Price I think could all possibly win it. Bryzgalov being one of the top goalies again is amazing to me especially with Jovocop being out most of the year and mostly offensive defensemen.

Great Bruins game.. one of the most complete efforts i've seen out of them in a longgggggggggggggg time.. I know the Hawks were coming off a rough on in Detroit but it was still a greatly played game. Congrats to Uncle Recchi for taking over Paul Coffey for 12th all time in points.
pimp.gif

Shawn Thornton took a SKATE TO THE FACE and took 40 stitches and he said he's okay.
sick.gif
What a gamer.

Tonight was my last regular season home game i'm going too, but i'll be attending my first Bruins road game Monday night in MSG. So hyped.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by bjm5295

Great Bruins game.. one of the most complete efforts i've seen out of them in a longgggggggggggggg time.. I know the Hawks were coming off a rough on in Detroit but it was still a greatly played game. Congrats to Uncle Recchi for taking over Paul Coffey for 12th all time in points.
pimp.gif

Shawn Thornton took a SKATE TO THE FACE and took 40 stitches and he said he's okay.
sick.gif
What a gamer.
40 stitches?!?!?! yikes. he rules tho. good crowd tonight too. i was so close to getting stuck at the office late tonight (effin' quarter end) but luckily got out and to the game. would have cried if i missed it and watched a 3-0 result on bruins in two. but yeah...great effort tonight
pimp.gif

pants tent on the horton goal, not gonna lie
laugh.gif

haha i know. i dunno if you saw the close up replay but he actually let go of the puck on the fake before going above it to pull it back, then dangle, then shoot.
sick.gif
so sick, and the pass by marsh-mant.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom