OFFICIAL 2010-11 SACRAMENTO KINGS SEASON THREAD - Vol. Too Lazy To Make A New Topic Right Now!

Wow... My two favorite players just switched teams. Can't say I'm happy or sad right now, but I like the trade for both teams.

Kings got rid of Martin who they felt just wouldn't work with Evans. I guess I was wrong after all when Martin himself admitted he was deferring to Evans too much. Saves money in the long run. They get Landry who will definitely help the Kings score INSIDE. Watching JT and Hawes in person tonight against the Warriors was just sad. Couldn't even take advantage of the Warriors' smaller big men. JT already lost his starting spot so it looks like Landry should get the starting position. He might not win sixth man of the year after all now. Oh, and the Kings also got Tracy Lamar McGrady. He is that dude. Don't trade him to NY. If the Knicks wouldn't trade Jordan Hill to the Rockets for T-Mac, I doubt they will include him with a Kings deal. And no Jeffries. We'll see though. John Wall sweepstake continues!

The Rockets get Kevin Martin. Reunited with Rick Adelman. Looks good for the Rockets who needed another scorer. They will surely miss Landry, but eventually they would have to give up either Landry or Scola anyways. Guess Landry had to go.

MUST GET A T-MAC AUTHENTIC KINGS JERSEY ASAP! DUSTING OFF THE OLD T-MAC'S TOO!

^ Well worth it if we get Jordan Hill and draft picks. It will be tough to take on Jeffries, but the Kings win even with the Knicks trade. Nah, some team needs to give some cash to the Kings to buy T-Mac out after he plays one game so he can sign with a real contender and I can get an authentic jersey. K, thanks.

I gotta admit....it just hit me that Kevin Martin is no longer a King. Seeing the boy grow up to the man, hitting the layup vs the Spurs in the playoffs, dropping 50 on the Warriors, it's sad that he and Tyreke could not coexist in the same backcourt. Petrie took a chance on this frail kid from Zanesville Ohio and turns out to be one of the gems Petrie has a knack for finding, but alas something had to give and unfortunately it was Kevin Martin.

Thanks K-Mart....class act on and OFF the court as well.....

http://www.youtube.com/v/FdlsL9aytds&hl=en_US&fs=1&http://www.youtube.com/v/FdlsL9aytds&hl=en_US&fs=1&

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

He's gone in the morning..

Get it anyways. Would be one of a kind.
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

pimp.gif
laugh.gif
You hatin' man. Even Rasheed Wallace had a great game with the Hawks even if it was one game. Just wanted to see my man T-Mac in one game with Kings gear. Dang his agent... 
tired.gif

I am definitely going to miss Kevin Martin on the Kings. I seriously thought he will get the Bobby Jackson treatment and not the Richmond, Williams, Webber, Peja, Bibby, etc. route. Well, best of luck to dude and I sense he will do a Gerald Wallace on the Kings...

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

pimp.gif
laugh.gif
You hatin' man. Even Rasheed Wallace had a great game with the Hawks even if it was one game. Just wanted to see my man T-Mac in one game with Kings gear. Dang his agent... 
tired.gif
No hate at all man.

how much money do the kings have to spend? and who is petrie eyeing in the offseason?
and why is noc still a king? 
indifferent.gif

Sacramento Kings: $34.0 million in 2010-11 payroll
The Kings were central to the whirlwind deal with Houston and New York. The smoke has cleared, and Sacramento looks like they'll be accountable for around $36 million in salaries for 10 players if we assume they'll pick up the $3 million team option on Carl Landry and score the No. 5 pick in the 2010 draft (we'll leave the Kings' $946,000 team option on Joey Dorsey out for the time being). That's a nice chunk of change -- say $16-17 million -- for Sacramento to fill out their promising young roster. They probably won't lure a max player, but they'll be in prime position to add a couple of nice supporting actors.

We'll see what happens Highly doubt anyone great will come to Sac if dude T-Mac don't even want to come here.

The Clippers tonight! Landry might start at PF with JT at C. Garcia at SG with Tyreke and Omri rounding the rest of the starting lineup.

Sacramento Kings: $34.0 million in 2010-11 payroll
The Kings were central to the whirlwind deal with Houston and New York. The smoke has cleared, and Sacramento looks like they'll be accountable for around $36 million in salaries for 10 players if we assume they'll pick up the $3 million team option on Carl Landry and score the No. 5 pick in the 2010 draft (we'll leave the Kings' $946,000 team option on Joey Dorsey out for the time being). That's a nice chunk of change -- say $16-17 million -- for Sacramento to fill out their promising young roster. They probably won't lure a max player, but they'll be in prime position to add a couple of nice supporting actors.

We'll see what happens Highly doubt anyone great will come to Sac if dude T-Mac don't even want to come here.

The Clippers tonight! Landry might start at PF with JT at C. Garcia at SG with Tyreke and Omri rounding the rest of the starting lineup.
I don't think Sac as a location is that big of a factor anymore, save for the guys who crave the big market spotlight.  TMac didn't diss Sac,  he just had dreams of playing in NY (even if it only lasts for a month or two
laugh.gif
).  Like C-Webb and Bobby Jackson were saying, there definitely used to be a stigma here, but with the Maloofs in town, everyone knows they'll be taken care of.  The weather and cost of living here are a lot better that many NBA locations, and if you need to party harder than what Sac can offer you, you can easily take the Maloof jet to your own luxury condo at the Palms in under an hour.  
At the end of the day, a big contract is a big contract, and it definitely doesn't hurt that we have a ton of promising young players.  Truth is, I'd rather they sign some solid players to fill roles, and make sure we have the money to extend our young players when the time comes. 

2010-11:

Possible draft selections in parenthesis

Reke/Beno/(Wall)
Casspi/FA/(Wesley Johnson)
Donte/Cisco/Nocioni
Landry/Brockman/(Cousins/Favors/Aldrich)
Hawes/JT

That squad would be fun to watch.  If the NBA powers that be want to really help us out, we'll get that #1 this year and pick John Wall.

Kings win! Surprising win against the Jazz, but it was good to see Hawes be productive as the starting center. With JT gone for two weeks, it will be important for Hawes to show the Kings that he is still got something in him. Tyreke with the clutchness. Yessurr!!

We always come up with wins vs teams like Denver and Utah both home and away but we can't manage to beat the Charlotte Bobcats
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Darko for MVP

Not saying that they are a bad team, but we are more than capable than beating teams like them with ease.
If we continue to play defense like the past two games then anything is possible. 2 wins in a row!
laugh.gif

Kings lose to the Thunder. Surprisingly, the Kings shot pretty well against the tough Thunder defense. Tyreke got his 27-6-5, but too much Durant and Westbrook tonight. Rebounding was probably the reason why the Kings lost too.

Kings vs Rockets tomorrow. Landry goes back to Houston and we get to see Martin! 40 or 50 pts tomorrow for Speed?

Back
Top Bottom