OFFICIAL 2010-11 SACRAMENTO KINGS SEASON THREAD - Vol. Too Lazy To Make A New Topic Right Now!

Good article about Tyreke.

According to Hoopdata, Tyreke averages 8.3 attempts at the rim, about .7 more than the player in 2nd place, Zach Randolph.  He's also 1st in the league in makes at the rim at 5.0 a game (tied with LeBron).  More attempts and makes than every single big man in the league.

And what's even more unique about Tyreke is how much his scores at the rim are unassisted, unlike big men and explosive players like LeBron who throw down alley oops on a regular basis.  Tyreke is only assisted on 24.7% of his makes around the rim, while LeBron is at about 48.1%.  The only other player in the top 40 of Attempts at the rim with less % of his makes that are assisted is Russell Westbrook at 21.2% (Attempts 5.7 FG at the rim a game). The other guards in the top 40? Wade (7.2 attempts, 33.4% assisted), Ellis (6.7 attempts, 36.4% assisted), Stephen Jackson (6.1 attempts, 55.4% assisted), Stuckey (5.9 attempts, 29.8% assisted), Rose (5.6 attempts, 35.1% assisted), Rondo (5.4 attempts, 33.3% assisted), and Tony Parker (5.2 attempts, 27.7% assisted). 

Scores at the rim are the most efficient in basketball, and the fact that Tyreke can get so many of them is in part what makes him such a special player, especially when he's doing it as a rookie, with a still iffy jump shot.  When he gets that jump shot going, all it will do is lead to more attempts at the rim, since teams won't be able to pack the paint on him.  This will also lead to more makes, and a higher field goal percentage.  There really won't be a way to guard him unless you're an exceptional man defender like Shane Battier.

Another result of getting to the rim a lot is drawing fouls, something he'll get even better at with more experience, and eventual ref bias.  He's already 18th in the league in FTAs at 6.5 a game, and you have to go all the way to 87th in the league to find the 2nd place rookie, Brandon Jennings (3.5 FTA).  Getting opposing players and teams into foul trouble and getting to the line will lead to a lot of easy points.

These statistics to me are the most telling of the future, and of the current rookie of the year argument.  No other rookie does something so good as to have entire opposing teams focus their entire defense on it.  No other rookie demands this much respect.
No other rookie is as good.

"Just landed in SAC, smell Like Cows."

laugh.gif

Go Kings!

Refs are gonna feel real stupid when they see that they didn't call that travel on Jennings.

Can't believe I missed this game
smh.gif
. What happened to Tyrake? I only heard the commentator say that he got a concussion, but he didn't say what happened.

Elbow to the mouth from Ersan Ilyasov. Concussion. Lacerated gums and chipped tooth. Out tomorrow against the Clippers. Probably should rest for 1-2 weeks.

Overall, the Kings missed Evans in the end of regulation and the two OTs.

Salmons... Bleh.

BJ talking trash. Haha. His team won so he can talk all he wants, but someday some "scrub" will shut his mouth.

Update:

Tyreke needs 51 points in the final 3 games to get that 20-5-5 average for the season.

Kings beat Clippers 116 to 94. Tyreke has 28-6-7 and 2 steals.

REKEROY!?

SMH @ some of the media (ESPN analysts and NBA.com) picking Jennings because of the Bucks being in the playoffs and Curry playing great lately. I hope consistency wins at the end.

Mavs beat Kings 126 to 108.

Tyreke has 27-8-6 and 2 steals. 24 more points to go to get 20-5-5 for the season.

Landry gets 30 and 6. Shooting 10-16 and 10-12 on the FT line. K-Mart-like, but as a PF.

Speaking of Martin, the Rockets come to town on Monday. It will be nice to see Tyreke get that 24 points at home in front of the fans.

Tyreke did it! 20-5-5 for the season.

Kings lose to Rockets. K-Mart returns to Sac and gets 39 in the win. Wish I was there to see him live. Fans really appreciated his time with the Kings.

One more game tomorrow against the Lakers. Even though I want the Kings to lose for ping pong ball reasons, I know the Kings will get that 1 win against the Lakers this season. But nah, just lose and get a better pick! Bleh...

well the season is over, what a way to end it with reke getting ejected....time to focus on the lottery...haha

So if the Kings got the #1 pick who would ya'll draft? This would be my order....

Wall
Cousins
Turner
Favors
Wesley Johnson

Good season guys. 25 wins is still an improvement from last year's 17. Hopefully, the Kings can get at least 35 next season.

Really hoping for a top 3 pick as well. Wall, Turner, and Cousins. Talent at whatever position will help.

Right now the Nets and Wolves have the worse records in the league and the Wizards and Warriors have a chance of tying the Kings with the same records. Hope they win tonight...

Westphal's final year got picked up too. Some consistency for once. Although I don't see him leading the Kings to the playoffs in the long run, he seems like a good coach for a young team. Maybe a more defensive minded coach when the Kings have more experience.

ROY_Kings.com_headerv2.jpg

[table][tr][td]2009-10 T-Mobile NBA Rookie of the Year Award [/td] [/tr][tr][td]Voting results[/td][/tr][tr][td] [table][tr][td]Rookie, Team[/td][td]1st[/td][td]2nd[/td][td]3rd[/td][td]Total[/td][/tr][tr][td]Tyreke Evans, Sacramento[/td][td]67[/td][td]50[/td][td]6[/td][td]491[/td][/tr][tr][td]Stephen Curry, Golden State[/td][td]43[/td][td]50[/td][td]26[/td][td]391[/td][/tr][tr][td]Brandon Jennings, Milwaukee[/td][td]12[/td][td]22[/td][td]78[/td][td]204[/td][/tr][tr][td]Darren Collison, New Orleans[/td][td]1[/td][td]1[/td][td]9[/td][td]17[/td][/tr][tr][td]Jonny Flynn, Minnesota[/td][td]-[/td][td]-[/td][td]2[/td][td]2[/td][/tr][tr][td]Taj Gibson, Chicago[/td][td]-[/td][td]-[/td][td]2[/td][td]2[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table]
Quick Arena Update:
smile.gif

2W27ARENASWAP.xlgraphic.prod_affiliate.4.gif

Back
Top Bottom