OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

eek.gif
sick.gif

Originally Posted by Dr LukeMartin

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

If you're a GM, how would you fix the Hawks? That team is +#!#%* going forward.

They are the same team they were 2 years ago. Joe Johnson is cool and all, but he is not a superstar. Just a star. Al horford is just a star. They need somebody to grow into a SUPERSTAR
They have some good pieces (as far as starters)....but there's something about their cohesion that's just off.  On top of it all, the coaching absolutely SUCKS. 

Its gonna be pretty hard to blow the team up though, There is nobody on the team that other teams would want other than Horford, Teague, and Smoove. Its really the owners and GM fault we are like this now,
Rick Sund claims that the Hawks are the Spurs of the west
30t6p3b.gif
and the owners are cheap and throwing away money at the same time. Even though they shouldnt have given JJ that contract i understand why they did it.
But then they want to stay under the luxury tax line, so they fill the rest of the roster out with 3 basically worthless centers for minimum pay. They were also to cheap to hire a good head coach. Drew is getting paid
around a 1 million a year, and you get what you pay for. You know its bad when we miss Mike Woodson.

I know we are screwed but i still dont think things are as bad as people think they are. This is the same team that won 50 something games last year basically. This year we had way more injuries, and Jamal hasnt produced at the same level, and our head coach is inept. Obviously I dont think we will contend for a chip with this current group though. This team wont get better untill, we get a new owner, gm, and coach.

Originally Posted by Dr LukeMartin

If you're a GM, how would you fix the Hawks? That team is +#!#%* going forward.

They are the same team they were 2 years ago. Joe Johnson is cool and all, but he is not a superstar. Just a star. Al horford is just a star. They need somebody to grow into a SUPERSTAR
They have some good pieces (as far as starters)....but there's something about their cohesion that's just off.  On top of it all, the coaching absolutely SUCKS. 
If we're going to talk about the Hawks, we need to start at the top with management the ASG need to step down they are horrible owners.
After that, Rick Sund is a horrible GM, after Marvin Williams underachieves for 5 straight seasons you sign him to a contract he just isn't worth, then you pay Joe Johnson 124 million, I'm not mad at JJ you don't turn money like that away, but this locks us up financially for years to come without any hope of acquiring a big name or any flexibility.

You also trade two first round picks which are our only hope for the future since we are so #%+!!# cap wise for Kirk Hinrich. This is all after hiring a Mike Woodson clone who doesn't develop young talent (Jordan Crawford and Jeff Teague) and allows us to have not one, not two, but three 30+ points losses....at HOME!

Originally Posted by jmb1523

Even though they shouldnt have given JJ that contract i understand why they did it.
I don't. Was it to make the first, possibly second round of the playoffs?

I think they'd be talented enough to grab one of the bottom Playoff spots in the East if they had let JJ walk.

Originally Posted by Blazers21NTNP

Originally Posted by jmb1523

Even though they shouldnt have given JJ that contract i understand why they did it.
I don't. Was it to make the first, possibly second round of the playoffs?

I think they'd be talented enough to grab one of the bottom Playoff spots in the East if they had let JJ walk.
The management for the Hawks are delirious simple as that, they thought Joe Johnson was something he wasn't, a superstar. Keep in mind this was shortly after he let us get CRUSHED by Orlando for his underachieving play, and also telling the fans, "We could care less if they showed up." In the playoffs of all times. 
laugh.gif

Hawks should offer for Dwight

Josh Smith or Horford plus fillers for Dwight

It won't happen, though.

Speaking of the Hawks, Josh Smith, and Dwight Howard...

Are there any Bobcats fans here, how did Shaun Livingston do this year???

It's a shame that Jason Richardson has never been on a good team until now. The dude is so talented.

My heart broke when he was shipped out of Golden State.

I've ALWAYS liked him more than VC.

Today has the potential to really shake things up atop the Western Conference standings.

Dallas plays host to Phoenix and the Lakers play host to OKC. 

IF:

OKC beats LA
Dallas beats Phoenix

The standings will look like:

2. Lakers -> 55-25
3. Dallas -> 55-25
4. OKC ---> 54-26

The Lakers and Mavs will be tied. and OKC will only be 1 back. It's entirely possible that the Lakers end up in 4th and OKC in 2nd. I never saw this coming.

wow this orlando/chicago bulls game just reminds me how stupid most laker fans are on this board. these two teams wanted this game. what a game.

Back
Top Bottom