OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

You think I think JET is stable?

Dude throws temper tantrums every other game.
laugh.gif

I'm saying the dude is crazy. Ain't no denying that.

What other NBA player you seen act like this? I ain't mad at him, but dude IS out of control.

Dude dumb as a box of rocks, but that don't mean "outta control" 
laugh.gif

You have some sort of weird definition of out of control or somethin. 

He ain't out of control cuz he fouled a guy a couple times, and that guy goes to the ground each time.  He ain't out of control cuz he kisses his biceps after he miraculously makes a bucket.  Strange, odd, beat of a different drummer, sure, but no where close to out of control. 

Wasn't there a game this season where he jumped up, and kissed his biceps all in one motion?

I'm not saying dude is out of control in the sense that he's going to wreck someone, but he's just not stable. There a few screws loose in that boys head. And that's fine, and that's what makes him out of control.

Basketball-mentality wise he's fine, but psychologically? Dude is about 4 years old.
laugh.gif

Speaking of  JET;

[h2]Terry has tirade on Mavs bench[/h2]It's that stressful time of year. The playoffs are coming, taxes are due and players are anxious about finishing up the season strong.

Example? Jason Terry freaked out on the Mavericks bench Friday night against the Clippers.

During a huddle in the second quarter, Terry yelled at J.J. Barea and then turned on coach Rick Carlisle. Eventually Carlisle was very demonstrative with Terry, pointing emphatically at him while speaking loudly. Terry was then banished from the huddle. Eventually Terry made his way to the end of the bench, still barking at assistants. Owner Mark Cuban actually came over to try and cool Terry's jets (get it? You get it).

At the time this happened, Dallas was trailing by 14 to the Clippers in the first half. The Mavs had lost four straight coming in to the game. Evidently what sparked the incident was after Terry turned the ball over which led to an easy Clipper layup. Terry rolled the ball to Barea on the inbounds pass, which Barea sort of looked at him funny for. Timeout was called and that's when the you know what hit the fan.

When asked postgame about it, Carlisle pulled out the "handle it internally" thing.

"It's an internal matter. It's going to remain an internal matter," Carlisle told reporters. "This is an emotional game and it's a very compelling game because in our league guys don't wear baseball hats and fans aren't seated 30 yards from the field and guys aren't wearing facemasks with glass barriers like hockey. Emotions run high and sometimes things happen, and I'm going to leave it at that. Jet's a very important guy on our team. I was considering giving him a night off going forward, but I think tonight will be his night off."

Terry wasn't available after the game. Barea, his victim, didn't think it was a huge issue. "I don't really know what happened," Barea said. "I know what happened with me, but I don't know what happened with [Terry]. It's part of the game. It's happened to me before; Heat of the moment, nothing big."
Interesting that Carlisle basically said Terry would be benched for the Mavs game tonight. Obvious not as "punishment" but it might sort of be as punishment.

But maybe Terry's tirade woke up the Mavs. They went on to handle the Clippers and get a much needed win as the Thunder breathe down their necks. Terry's not a shy player as he sparked a little scuffle with the Lakers a week ago as well. Maybe it was an intentional spark, or maybe it was just frustration spilling over. Whatever the case, it woke the Mavs up last night and maybe got the ship righted for the rest of the season.
Link

Someone maintain control of that thug.
30t6p3b.gif

Yeah, dude has been in a tailspin after we start losing after the 21-1 streak.

Ever since then, dude has been a mess.

EDIT: And that's different, JET right now is unstable in a basketball-sense. I never question Ron, dude brings it.

He'll calm down after the first round......

Damn, naw that was low.  I been tryin not to join in on the anti Mavs first round jokes, but I couldn't let that hanging slider sit now could I? 

Please forgive. 
tired.gif
laugh.gif

Ron and Tony Allen getting into would be 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Those damn Blazers commentators are just straight annoying "It's dangerous" GW got pushed you acting like Ron gave that man a drop kick mid air calm down

Nice piece/interview on Phil Jackson from ESPN.

http://sports.espn.go.com...columns/story?id=6308540

The league having referees charged with monitoring illegal defense anddefensive three in the key, making them miss fundamental calls? "What'sthe emphasis to these referees?" Jackson said. "They can't even callthe most basic thing that basketball is about, which is about pivots,walking, how to dribble the ball … but they can call a three-secondviolation on defense."
Lining the top of the backboard withstrobe lights that go off at key moments around the rim to enhancephotographs being taken and causing officials to miss calls whenblinded by the light? "The NBA allows this to happen. It just drives mecrazy that they put their own referees in jeopardy," Jackson said."It's just a natural reaction -- a flash of lights and you blink youreyes to protect yourself. It's a human reaction."

And, more importantly, the big stuff.

Basketball is described by Jackson as "a flow game," like soccer.

Anythingtaken away from that flow -- be it officials, timeouts, TV concessionsor overuse of instant replay -- is taken away from the sport at itscore.

"We can play the game at a level that's much morepure," Jackson said. "The thing that soccer's done is it's kept itscommercial value and it hasn't lost the integrity of its game, and Idon't know why we have to lose the integrity of our game to feedtelevision. All this stuff we give up to television -- it's like wehave to pay homage to television, when in Europe, soccer doesn't haveto do that and it still gets the revenue, and more revenue than we do."

Couldn't agree more. Those of us who have played competitively understand how disruptive even a timeout called by a coach can be, but when you have suits who never played or coached a real game in their lives calling the shots, you inevitably have problems. The commercialization of the game is a product of the times, but under no circumstances should the bottom line take precedence over the actual game. All the side show stuff at games drives me crazy, especially when I'm there in person.

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

Nice piece/interview on Phil Jackson from ESPN.

http://sports.espn.go.com...columns/story?id=6308540

The league having referees charged with monitoring illegal defense and
defensive three in the key, making them miss fundamental calls? "What's
the emphasis to these referees?" Jackson said. "They can't even call
the most basic thing that basketball is about, which is about pivots,
walking, how to dribble the ball … but they can call a three-second
violation on defense."
Lining the top of the backboard with
strobe lights that go off at key moments around the rim to enhance
photographs being taken and causing officials to miss calls when
blinded by the light? "The NBA allows this to happen. It just drives me
crazy that they put their own referees in jeopardy," Jackson said.
"It's just a natural reaction -- a flash of lights and you blink your
eyes to protect yourself. It's a human reaction."

And, more importantly, the big stuff.

Basketball is described by Jackson as "a flow game," like soccer.

Anything
taken away from that flow -- be it officials, timeouts, TV concessions
or overuse of instant replay -- is taken away from the sport at its
core.

"We can play the game at a level that's much more
pure," Jackson said. "The thing that soccer's done is it's kept its
commercial value and it hasn't lost the integrity of its game, and I
don't know why we have to lose the integrity of our game to feed
television. All this stuff we give up to television -- it's like we
have to pay homage to television, when in Europe, soccer doesn't have
to do that and it still gets the revenue, and more revenue than we do."
Couldn't agree more. Those of us who have played competitively understand how disruptive even a timeout called by a coach can be, but when you have suits who never played or coached a real game in their lives calling the shots, you inevitably have problems. The commercialization of the game is a product of the times, but under no circumstances should the bottom line take precedence over the actual game. All the side show stuff at games drives me crazy, especially when I'm there in person.

Thats why I love Phil Jackson. Homie has always kept it 1 hunned and never worried about what Devil Stern would do to him because he's a great coach, and he has always had the best teams. Then you have Mark Cuban, who is the same way, but he's a owner and hasn't had the best teams, which allowed Stern to fix the Dallas-Miami series and steal a championship from Cuban's team

From earlier this week, but this went unnoticed by everybody (I think)...
Josh Kroenke, Masai Ujiri and Pete D'Alessandro (the cap guy) worked diligently to get Denver some assets but also get Denver under the luxury tax line. That's huge. Then Denver doesn't have to pay a penalty. The Nuggets should be in a good financial situation this summer, when they have to make decisions.

It appears that Nene is going to get a three-year deal, and that will cost them a pretty penny (what does pretty penny mean, anyway? Isn't a dirty penny also just worth 1 cent?). The Nuggets will also try to lock in Arron Afflalo and Wilson Chandler, both restricted free agents. Whether Denver tries to make a another move will be clearer after the new collective bargaining agreement happens (whenever that might be).

Source

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

I hadn't heard.

Locking up Wilson, Arron, and Nene are MUSTS.
Agreed, and it shouldn't be too hard to do it. I'm sure Nenê's extension is close to being done, especially with how long they've been negotiating and Hochman releasing that detail. Wilson & Afflalo should be easy to lock-up, since they're restricted.

I'd like to see JR stay, but if the Nuggets can't afford him with what they'll have to pay AAA & Wil, then I'm fine with him leaving.

i knew they were under the tax. that's another reason i said the knicks gave up too much. we were already giving them savings that a jersey deal wouldn't have

It'll suck to see J.R. leave, but I think he just needs a change of scenery anyway. The question is, where would he go? 

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

It'll suck to see J.R. leave, but I think he just needs a change of scenery anyway. The question is, where would he go? 
Depending on how their seasons end, finances and how much they value team  chemistry, I could see the Mavs, Lakers, Bulls and Celtics being interested in him.

Back
Top Bottom