OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

^That's why efficiency is the best way to evaluate a player's performance. It's the rate of production, rather than the production. An efficient player on a bad team will still be efficient on a good team, while a productive player on a bad team won't necessarily be productive on a good team. Most people will look at something like a a scoring average, see player x is putting up 20+ per game, and make conclusions about his value or ability, when in reality that 20 means nothing by itself.

lakers need to win both games because i dont see okc and mavs losing their last game. got a feeling the lakers are gonna lose to the kings.

Is there a vid of Jason Terry celebrating at the end of regulation during the Hou/Dal game because he thought they won? 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ikari XD

Is there a vid of Jason Terry celebrating at the end of regulation during the Hou/Dal game because he thought they won? 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

oh damn i though he was doing a fist pump in the air
laugh.gif

Considering how many detractors there are of LeBron's post game (or lack of one), I think this is worth posting and reading.
The Evolution of a Post Game

On two separate occasions against the Boston Celtics last Sunday, LeBron James ran down to the offensive end of the floor faced with a mismatch. With his regular defender, Paul Pierce, on the opposite side of the floor, the Celtics tasked with defending James were Ray Allen and Rajon Rondo, each giving up nearly 50 pounds.
What happens now?

The popular school of thought seems to be that he receives a pass, takes a few steps back at the top of the key, gathers momentum and attempts to freight-train his way past his defender, just as he would have three years ago. But even that scenario is too detailed for how the thinking goes, the narrative far more focused on what he doesn’t than what he does do.

“His game isn’t evolving. He doesn’t post-up.

And with that crazy Derrick dunk, I'm out for the night. Hope the Bulls win this.

Seriously though, the air he got
sick.gif

Rose 
sick.gif

One thing i like about him is he is beyond humble. Might be the first MVP in years that ppl wont have nothing negative to say about

Grizz resting Zbo and TA tonight against Portland. Odd move because they could've start tanking last game against New Orleans.
Will be funny if they force New Orleans into playing the Lakers since they own the tie breaker. 

Originally Posted by PMatic

Considering how many detractors there are of LeBron's post game (or lack of one), I think this is worth posting and reading.
The Evolution of a Post Game

On two separate occasions against the Boston Celtics last Sunday, LeBron James ran down to the offensive end of the floor faced with a mismatch. With his regular defender, Paul Pierce, on the opposite side of the floor, the Celtics tasked with defending James were Ray Allen and Rajon Rondo, each giving up nearly 50 pounds.
What happens now?

The popular school of thought seems to be that he receives a pass, takes a few steps back at the top of the key, gathers momentum and attempts to freight-train his way past his defender, just as he would have three years ago. But even that scenario is too detailed for how the thinking goes, the narrative far more focused on what he doesn’t than what he does do.

“His game isn’t evolving. He doesn’t post-up.

he played a lot of the 4 when bosh was out.... he still does when we go wade, miller, jones, lebron, bosh... or bibby/chalmers, wade, miller, lebron. bosh..... when he tried it earlier it looked like a ugly mess in the half court...

I've never understood the obsession with Lebron post game, I don't understand why you want one of the most explosive guys win the league with incredible court vision too put his back to the basket. He is far more deadly in pick and roll situations, he posts up every once in a while to vary things up but it's easier to double guys in the post, and it's easier to deny him the ball.  You would breath a sigh of relief if Lebron went into the post not matter how good he was at it.

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

I've never understood the obsession with Lebron post game, I don't understand why you want one of the most explosive guys win the league with incredible court vision too put his back to the basket. He is far more deadly in pick and roll situations, he posts up every once in a while to vary things up but it's easier to double guys in the post, and it's easier to deny him the ball.  You would breath a sigh of relief if Lebron went into the post not matter how good he was at it.
His advantage due to his athletic ability won't last forever.  Why NOT work on a post game?  He's bigger than every SF he'll be matched up with.  More tools for the trade dude.

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

You aren't sure why a 6'9" guy with jump would be good 5 feet from the basket instead of bricking 20 footers?  Uh, Ok. 

Back
Top Bottom