OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

^ Don't understand how that changes anything. Get it right in the game, not after we all knew it was offensive interference.

Originally Posted by University of Nike

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

This thread is going to suck for the next two weeks.
As long as you get banned again it will be well worth it
laugh.gif
glasses.gif

Nah, I plan on sticking around.

Unlike the Kings.

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Let's wait and see what they can do first though is all I'm saying...
i can fully understand this logic..

but i don't get how anyone can say the thunder played a "great" game when in reality only durant, westbrook and maynor did.. if that's the case shouldn't the heat be the frontrunners for the title? (and by this i mean that it only takes 3 players having good games to win)

And it's not that i want to defend my team.. i just simply want to understand a person's thought process and right now JA has me lost

is it wrong of me to think that harden, ibaka, perkins, thabo  and narz didn't have "great" games yesterday?

for example.. you can't bring up OKC's lack of experience and then not talk about chicago's.. OKC has 3 players who have played in the finals (2 of which who won).. not that this matters, but this is something JA brought up 
Can you really understand that logic? That's ALL I've said about OKC. Let them win a series before we hype them up as Finals contenders.

Does no one else think the Thunder played a great game yesterday? Every player isn't going to play perfect on your team. You have a few guys who really excelled, you had a great game. You're taking things out of context again. You have three players who have excellent games, odds are you are going to win. What's a great win comprised of for you? Each player shooting 75%?

My whole idea I've been trying to get across just doesn't click to your simple, Utopian mind.
laugh.gif
All I've ever said was, they had such a great game since they had their stars score a combined 72 points, and that I expect that to average out between the guys who didn't do as well last night.. (Harden, Serge, etc). Why discredit Harden and Nazr anyways? They didn't score as much, no, but they did all the intangible stuff you want to see from your bench guys. Grabbing boards, not committing too many turnovers, blocking shots, etc. Nick Collison played great yesterday too. You haven't mentioned him. It won't show up in the box score, but he played a very meaningful 25 minutes out there. He boxed out and competed for a lot of rebounds which ended up in the hands of his teammates.

If it makes you feel better, I'll say that the Nuggets have more room to improve than the Thunder do since you're so butthurt that I said yall had a great game yesterday.

Jesus Christ, you'd never expect someone to criticize you for saying you had a great game, but whatever.
laugh.gif

And Chicago I give more credit because they had the most wins out of any teams this season. If you can't comprehend that, than I'm sorry. They were competitive despite having numerous injuries in their front-court. None of the high ranked teams had any kind of injury issues like Chicago did. And they still finished with the top seed. OKC is the 4th seed. I have more faith in a 1 seed than a 4 seed. I'm more comfortable with Rose driving and creating space and creating for others late in games than I do KD taking perimeter jump shots to decide games. I have more faith in the Chicago front-court than I do the OKC front-court. I have more faith in Tom Thibs than I do Scott Brooks. #1 overall seed compared to the #7 overall seed. Neither team has won a playoff series, no, but Chicago has a MUCH easier opponent, and we can talk about the Thunder once they win a playoff series. Being a 50-win team isn't enough to warrant being called a contender anymore in this L.

Plus, I've always disliked mid-season trades. I feel like unless you're getting a bench guy, you need a full training camp in order to have that work out. The Lakers didn't win the first year Pau came to town. Jason Kidd looked lost in his first-round match-up with Dallas.

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

This thread is going to suck for the next two weeks.
As long as you get banned again it will be well worth it
laugh.gif
glasses.gif

Nah, I plan on sticking around.

Unlike the Kings.

I ain't even mad bro.... 

sick.gif

What is that crap on MTV?

Is that Jersey Shore?

I'd be ashamed of myself if I posted a picture of anyone related to that goddamn show.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Can you really understand that logic? That's ALL I've said about OKC. Let them win a series before we hype them up as Finals contenders.

Does no one else think the Thunder played a great game yesterday? Every player isn't going to play perfect on your team. You have a few guys who really excelled, you had a great game. You're taking things out of context again. You have three players who have excellent games, odds are you are going to win. What's a great win comprised of for you? Each player shooting 75%?

My whole idea I've been trying to get across just doesn't click to your simple, Utopian mind.
laugh.gif
All I've ever said was, they had such a great game since they had their stars score a combined 72 points, and that I expect that to average out between the guys who didn't do as well last night.. (Harden, Serge, etc). Why discredit Harden and Nazr anyways? They didn't score as much, no, but they did all the intangible stuff you want to see from your bench guys. Grabbing boards, not committing too many turnovers, blocking shots, etc. Nick Collison played great yesterday too. You haven't mentioned him. It won't show up in the box score, but he played a very meaningful 25 minutes out there. He boxed out and competed for a lot of rebounds which ended up in the hands of his teammates.

If it makes you feel better, I'll say that the Nuggets have more room to improve than the Thunder do since you're so butthurt that I said yall had a great game yesterday.

Jesus Christ, you'd never expect someone to criticize you for saying you had a great game, but whatever.
laugh.gif

And Chicago I give more credit because they had the most wins out of any teams this season. If you can't comprehend that, than I'm sorry. They were competitive despite having numerous injuries in their front-court. None of the high ranked teams had any kind of injury issues like Chicago did. And they still finished with the top seed. OKC is the 4th seed. I have more faith in a 1 seed than a 4 seed. I'm more comfortable with Rose driving and creating space and creating for others late in games than I do KD taking perimeter jump shots to decide games. I have more faith in the Chicago front-court than I do the OKC front-court. I have more faith in Tom Thibs than I do Scott Brooks. #1 overall seed compared to the #7 overall seed. Neither team has won a playoff series, no, but Chicago has a MUCH easier opponent, and we can talk about the Thunder once they win a playoff series. Being a 50-win team isn't enough to warrant being called a contender anymore in this L.

Plus, I've always disliked mid-season trades. I feel like unless you're getting a bench guy, you need a full training camp in order to have that work out. The Lakers didn't win the first year Pau came to town. Jason Kidd looked lost in his first-round match-up with Dallas.

whoa whoa whoa.. butthurt.. you're going on about our frontline getting abused (which i agreed with).. but yet you think we played a great game (which i dont agree with)

AND somehow i'm the one getting butthurt.. please enlighten me as to what i was wrong about?

do you not think our defense could have played better?

do you not think the players i mentioned could have played better?

and again you start with the hyperbole.. no i don't expect 75% shooting or for them to hold the other team to zero points

and as far as the rebounding numbers, those where kinda skewed, because quite a bit came off of missed free throws (i mean we only out rebounded them by 3)

and yes i realize i didn't mention collison, for the exact same reason THAT YOU DID decide to mention him.. i think he had a solid game (even though alot of what he did wouldn't show up in the stat sheet)

and my idea of better games for the thunder (games in which we had better balance offensively and played better defensively):
http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=310410013

http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=310408025

http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=310410013

Adelman is a great coach, but, the Rockets need to rebuild.

Rick should get a chance to contend for a title. Houston isn't contending anytime soon.

Originally Posted by franchise3

Adelman Kevin Martin is a great coach good player, but, the Rockets need to rebuild.

Rick Kev should get a chance to contend for a title. Houston isn't contending anytime soon.
Sadly.

It's clear as day what I'm trying to say.

Collectively, I don't think the team can play much better. Sure, certain guys will do better, but that means that production from Russ/KD will go down. I don't see what's so hard to understand.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

It's clear as day what I'm trying to say.

Collectively, I don't think the team can play much better. Sure, certain guys will do better, but that means that production from Russ/KD will go down. I don't see what's so hard to understand.

so yes or no, will the TEAM play better?

That was such a bad foul call on Hibbert
laugh.gif

First time in a while I've seen a dude shy away from contact and get a foul called that damn late.

Originally Posted by Proshares

That was such a bad foul call on Hibbert
laugh.gif

First time in a while I've seen a dude shy away from contact and get a foul called that damn late.
dude actually ducked his head and leaned away.... chris was even calling it out...

Back
Top Bottom