OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

You don't see anything crazy about them scoring a combined 70 points?
laugh.gif

About 22 points more than they averaged during the season?
laugh.gif

Alright man, keep up rooting for your team. I'm just trying to be realistic here.

And sure, their defense can improve, no doubt, but I'm just saying, OKC played damn great tonight, and only won by 4 points.

Outside of Nene, I think the Nuggets can play a lot better.
when did i ever mention points? but with the options denver has to guard these 2 guys i would expect them to be in the 60 range for most of the games

i simply was referring to shooting percentages.. and if you're being realistic, it goes both ways

and outside out westbrook, durant and maynor (cook hit his 2 3s, but only got 5 mins).. we didn't play that great

Alright man.
laugh.gif

I hope they can do it, it'd be fun to see them play Memphis or San Antonio.

But FG% and scoring are directly connected, and I just don't see Russ shooting 50% for a series.

He's not that good of a shooter, and don't let one game fool you, he can take some TERRIBLE shots. I don't expect them to get to the line 20 times either.

My entire point is, can they really rely on their jumpshots all throughout the Playoffs? That won't fly later on. They'll get tired. They'll have off-games, and they'll need to take it into the paint. KD made about 5 perimeter shots in a row. He's a great shooter, but I personally don't think he creates enough space on his shots like some of the other greats do, like Kobe or Dirk.

My point is, I don't want to see Russ and KD settle for jumpers. The ones they took today, they made, and that's great for them. I just don't want to see them relying on it too much, because either could have a poor shooting night, and it could cost them a game.

Same goes for my guy Jason Kidd. No one in Dallas expects 20+ points a night. That's all I'm saying. You gotta get your role players going. Rely too much on your starters and by the time you're deep, and they're tired, it's going to be hard to get those kind of guys going when you've been relying on KD/Russ all post-season. I just hope this doesn't become a trend, that's all.

whoa whoa whoa.. westbrook getting 31 is nothing like kidd getting 24 (especially on 9/14 shooting)

with either felton or lawson guarding him, i expect westbrook to be north of 25 per.. like i said the only thing strange to me for westbrook, was the 3/4 on 3s

and please explain this great game we had? yes westbrook and durant played well, but check who was guarding them (and please go look up durant's averages vs denver)

I think we were extremely lucky to pull out this game considering the way the rest of the team played outside of the couple ppl i mentioned AND how porous our defense was

Cot damn. You guys seriously take everything so literal.

Have fun, I hope you sweep the Nuggets and they score 30 points a game.
laugh.gif

You outrebounded your opponent, you held them under their team average, you shot 49%, you shot 47% from three, you got to the line, and you had 8 blocks. Then you had individual performances from Durant and Russ and Maynor, and you guys didn't play great?

Alright dude.
laugh.gif

The game wasn't perfect, no. Serge and Harden didn't shoot great, you're right. But Harden isn't going to play much better if all he's given is 5 shots a game, and that's what's going to happen if Russ+KD keep jacking up 45+ a game.

I still can't believe the Hornets won..
sick.gif

I didn't watch the game, went to go see Insidious.

you know you wanna post a feelsgoodman gif
laugh.gif

now u hatin on the thunder too? after u were cheerin for um to beat the lakers last year in the playoffs?

who the mavs play next if they get past portland?

I hate New Orleans actually. I really dislike the attitude Chris Paul carries around when he's not winning or calls aren't going his way. Straight up JET status. Dude's a poor sport. And it's irritating even more irritating because he's on a different team.
laugh.gif

I honestly don't hate the Lakers. I hate their fanbase.
laugh.gif

90% of them are ignorant.

I've said from before this season I don't believe they're ready. I hope they do well, and hope they succeed, but I just think they need more time to gel together.

And the Mavs play the winner of NOH/LAL.

And yes, I still want to play the Lakers. Laugh at my %@! all you want, really don't care.
laugh.gif

If we were to come out of the West, I'd like to go through the Lakers. I don't want anyone to call it fraudulent. It's unlikely, no doubt. But this team needs to build a reputation again. That won't happen as strongly if we were to play a great series against LAL, and potentially win. Plus I want to see Kobe VS Dirk ONCE while both of these guys are still close to their primes.

And I know you probably won't believe this, but LA is hands down one of my favorite 3 teams outside of Dallas in the West. I gotta have love for GSW because of our proximity and growing up watching all those bums.
laugh.gif
. I've liked Utah since I was a kid and their organization as a whole, and then I really do like Kobe, and a ton of the past Laker greats. Kareem is my second favorite Center of all-time.

It's just the stupid fans who crowd this board that make me hate THEM. Not the Lakers, it's the fans.
laugh.gif

It's just the stupid fans who crowd this board that make me hate THEM. Not the Lakers, it's the fans.
laugh.gif
QFT
laugh.gif

Not even on this board, but just stupid Lakers fans in everyday life
30t6p3b.gif
For every 1 sensible, rational Lakers fan, I meet 10 ******ed, blindly arrogant, and/or ignorant Lakers fan..... 

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

laugh.gif
QFT
laugh.gif

Not even on this board, but just stupid Lakers fans in everyday life
30t6p3b.gif
For every 1 sensible, rational Lakers fan, I meet 10 ******ed, blindly arrogant, and/or ignorant Lakers fan.....
Oh yeah, especially in Norcal.
laugh.gif

Norcal Lakers fans are the worst. Most know little to nothing about basketball.
laugh.gif

4/5 winner always plays 1/8 winner NK.

And 3/6 plays 2/7.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Originally Posted by PMatic

Nene shoots 60% against everybody though.
Dude clearly doesn't watch the Nuggets.  NeNe led the league in FG% this year.  How do you think he scores? Dude facials everybody.  

laugh.gif
The irony...he usually plays like last night for the first 5 min and goes ghost the rest of the game. He's NEVER that aggressive consistantly and yet he still only took 4 more attempts (11) than normal.

I still love the effort though. He came through big time hopefully someone else will follow and attack the basket.

30 Seconds With Bill Walton

Bill Walton, who won two championships at U.C.L.A. under Coach John Wooden, also won two N.B.A. championships, with Portland in 1977 and with Boston in 1986. He was elected to the Basketball Hall of Fame in 1993.

A congenital abnormality in his feet hampered his career, and two years ago, he left broadcasting because of back problems. After surgery, Walton, 58, has returned as a spokesman for Guinness and as a broadcaster for the Celtics and the Sacramento Kings.

Q. Many, including Coach Wooden, consider you the greatest center ever. Do you agree with that assessment?

A. Uh, that would be Kareem Abdul-Jabbar.

Q. So you are the second greatest?

A. No. I was a member of some great teams and was blessed to play for Hall of Fame coaches. It’s not how good you are, it’s how good your teammates are.

Q. What was your reaction to Wooden’s death?

A. Coach and I had said our goodbyes in February of last year, and he died in early June. Coach was the single most important, influential and inspirational person in my life besides my mom and dad. He was a person that I talked to every day for 43 years. When you played for him, he was not your friend. He was very tough and demanding and challenging. He wanted everything from you, but he was fair and he made it fun. We couldn’t wait to get to practice every day. Coach was also an English teacher who taught poetry. He had his favorite poets, and I had mine. He liked Longfellow and Frost. I liked Jerry Garcia and Bob Dylan.

Q. How much more could you have accomplished had you stayed healthy?

A. I would have probably won a lot more. All I ever wanted in life was more. I missed nine and a half full seasons of a 14-year N.B.A. career. I was the most injured player in the history of basketball. In fact, my Hall of Fame acceptance speech lasted longer than my N.B.A. career. It’s frustrating, disappointing, embarrassing, and it’s a stain and stigma on my soul.

Q. Who was your greatest teammate?

A. Maurice Lucas. Nobody made me a better player than Maurice. He was so important in my life that we named our son Luke after big Maurice. While Maurice was the best teammate, Larry Bird was the greatest player I ever played with. In all my years, I never saw a player inspire the home crowds the way Larry did. He’s one of the seven greatest players in the history of pro basketball.

Q. Do you mind sharing your list?

A. Sure. In chronological order it was Bill Russell, Wilt Chamberlain, Oscar Robertson, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Larry Bird, Magic Johnson and Michael Jordan. There are two players today, Kobe Bryant and LeBron James, who have a chance to join that list.

Q. Compare your son Luke’s talents to yours.

A. He’s a much better player than I was. He’s in his eighth season as a member of the Los Angeles Lakers, the best team in basketball, and he plays for Phil Jackson.
Link

LMAO, I know he's your son Bill, but I don't think you were in the bottom 5 of worst players in the NBA.

Oklahoma City also held Denver under their normal team FG% (45% vs 47 %) minus Nene's production and 3 point FG % (25% vs 39 %) tonight.

Still waiting.
nerd.gif

not sure if this is meant for me or not (considering you pointed out denver did shoot 50% for the game WITH nene's production)

and if we are being convenient with stats.. OKC averages 46.4% PER game shooting and was 49.4% last night.. considering the "great" games by both westbrook and durant, how did the rest of the team do?

the rest of the team was 13/32.. so 40.6 %

and if you take maynor out as well, it goes down to 8/25.. so 32%

so considering you said:

I don't know if OKC can play much better, but I know Denver can, especially when Afflalo comes back.

and you also said:

JapanAir21 wrote:
Nene demolished the so-called best-defensive 4/5 combo in the L. All I've been hearing since the season ended is about how tough they are, but dude worked em. It doesn't matter if you lead the league in FG%, if you have the best defensive front-court, that shouldn't happen, not to the degree it happened tonight. Plain and simple. 9/11?
30t6p3b.gif

and:

I was commenting on their horrendous first qtr. They were getting torn to shreds by EVERYONE. I'd like to see Ty be more aggressive next game.

all I'm saying is a expect the rest of our TEAM to play better.. offensively AND defensively

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Wait, the best offense in the league burns you and suddenly terrible at defense?
grin.gif

lol.. not saying that at all.. but i would hope our frontline could slow down their guys just a LITTLE bit better

not saying they are terrible.. i just think they can do better than getting manhandled

Back
Top Bottom