OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Trading him IMO is the wrong move. You build around him, not Curry.

Who in their right mind would build around an undersized two guard whose best basketball ability is volume scoring, and can't play a lick of defense? Guy is a homeless man's Allen Iverson.
Who in their right mind would build around an undersized PG whose best basketball ability is shooting, and can't play a lick of defense?

Monta Ellis is efficient, AI isn't.

For Iguodala? I like.

Well the Suns did with Nash, and that yielded a contender and an all time great offense.

And Monta is not more efficient than Iverson. AI utilized more possessions, but his total production and rate of production was significantly greater than Ellis' is at the same age.  Also, AI's basketball instincts and inhuman reflexes allowed him to be quite serviceable on defense, especially for his size. Ellis is just plain bad on that end.

Monta also doesn't kill your team with his attitude. I'm an AI hater so I'll stop there.

Nash is a superb passer more than he is a great shooter, that's why they don't have him take 20 shots a game.

Curry isn't touching Nash in terms of play-making, plus they had great pieces around Nash.

Monta is 25, age really shouldn't factor into that decision. Curry is better? EHHHHHHHHHHHH once again..

How do you know Monta has a great attitude? You in the locker room, and at GSW practice?

Nash's best skill is shooting, just like Steph. I don't think that's arguable. He's widely considered as one of, if not the greatest shooter of all time. The numbers don't lie.

And of course age should factor, three years is an eternity in basketball. You usually improve up until around 25, but after that you are who you are. Not to mention Steph is still on his rookie contract. Besides, Curry being ~three years younger means you have ~three more seasons to build the team.

I can't believe Stephen Curry was just compared to Steve Nash. Only thing they got in common is that they both suck at defense.

Originally Posted by Statis22

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Elston Turner??
He turned down the "interview" for the Rockets job.
ohwell.gif
Because he knew he wasn't a serious candidate to get the job.
True dat. Hope he gets an asst position somewhere else tho.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

I can't believe Stephen Curry was just compared to Steve Nash. Only thing they got in common is that they both suck at defense.

And they're both lights-out shooters.

Originally Posted by Statis22

He turned down the "interview" for the Rockets job.
ohwell.gif
Because he knew he wasn't a serious candidate to get the job.
True dat. Hope he gets an asst position somewhere else tho.

Me too. Probably somewhere back out west.

Stephen Curry will never become the shooter Steve Nash is.

Since when do players have to be exactly the same to be compared? Nash is an elite elite shooter. Curry is an elite shooter. Thus, the comparisons.

Nash is the best shooting PG of all-time, IMO.
Curry is a great shooting PG.

Nash is a phenomenal play-maker, getting guys the ball, one of the best in recent history.
Curry? Meh.

Comparison is sketch other than their both good shooters.

Curry's FG/3P/FT of 48/44/93 is very comparable with Nash's usual ridiculous numbers. As far as playmaking goes, once Ellis is traded, and Curry becomes the primary ball-handler and goes through further development in his game, we will be able to evaluate his playmaking ability. I know I've already seen flashes of deft passing from him. Besides, Nash at aged 22/23 wasn't an elite playmaker either.

And for the record, Nash was only brought up because JA21 questioned who would build around a no-defense playing PG whose best ability was shooting. I don't think Curry will ever be quite as good as Nash. I do think he'll be very good, and I definitely believe he should be the guard GSW keeps. Probably not a coincidence that this shrewd Iguodala for Ellis rumored swap was precluded by Jerry West joining the front office.

Monta is the worst, he is the exact type of NBA players that his praises is far disproportionate to his actual impact to winning the game, I really feel like Steph can be a really good passer and similar to Nash early in his career nobody has just given him the keys to the offense yet.

You're vastly underrating Curry's shooting ability. I think he might have shot a better % than Nash this year.
He'll never be the passer Nash is.

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

Originally Posted by CP1708

Lee, Iggy, Curry core.......I'm interested. Draft well at 11, I could see them getting out of that run and gun stuff.
Lee is horrible.

Yep.

And I can/can't believe the Monta mess.

Lee is horrible in that run and gun stuff maybe, but he wouldn't be horrible in a slowed down grind it out team imo. 

And I'm not asking him to be a 20/10 guy, he is what he is which is a hustle type player, get you those dirty double doubles like a less talented Horace Grant if you get what I'm sayin.  Those 12 and 11 type games.  And at 80 mil, he's part of the core regardless. 
laugh.gif

If they have a chance to add a nice 7 footer at 11, that will help also.  (not sure if that's possible or not, but it would be nice)

30t6p3b.gif
@ yall comparing a veteran Nash to a 2nd year Curry.. Watching Curry play I see no reason he cant be the same exact player if not better than Nash once Ellis is gone.

I wonder how much input Mark Jackson will have in that proposed trade. I'm sure they'll wait for his input before pulling the trigger on that deal.

CP, Lee put up his #'s in a run and gun offense in NY
laugh.gif

I think once he's 100% healthy, he'll be just fine. Not going to put up 20 and 10 ever again but 15 and 10-11 isn't too bad IMO.

Jerry West getting things done already lol. I like the trade, but Iggy has to put up numbers and not that @$!%%!%$ this year

Originally Posted by Proshares

CP, Lee put up his #'s in a run and gun offense in NY
laugh.gif

I think once he's 100% healthy, he'll be just fine. Not going to put up 20 and 10 ever again but 15 and 10-11 isn't too bad IMO.
He put up 16 and 10 last season. He sucks. I don't care what his stats are.

Back
Top Bottom