OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

frown.gif

I won't be able to watch the second half tonight, I have a final from 730-1030 PST.
tired.gif

Isn't this the case Holinger was sayin?  Stevenson can come in for Dirk instead of Peja, and Terry can play the 2 still with JJ.  Didn't he mention that a couple days ago? 

Maybe we start out in the zone.. Try and stop Wade like that, and have Marion on Bron as much as can be helped? I don't know.

We'll see.

If Barea is starting they've gotta play the zone... Just screams panic-move to me.

Stevenson been playing some good ball, I thought... Why is he getting bumped?

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

i thought that since kidd was able to guard kobe he can def guard wade right????...
In stretches,
grin.gif

Wade has taken advantage of a 38 y/o PG who did a fine job against two of the better SGs in the League, congratulations.

i thought that since kidd was able to guard kobe he can def guard wade right????...
He didn't just guard Kobe, he stopped him.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

In stretches,
grin.gif

Wade has taken advantage of a 38 y/o PG who did a fine job against two of the better SGs in the League, congratulations.

That specific lineup?

That leaves just about nothing on your bench, but...

Kidd on Wade.
JET/Peja on Miller
Marion on Bron
Dirk on Haslem.
Chandler on Bosh.
laugh.gif
.. i really dont see how that would be any type of match up on both sides... we can lock up all those players besides dirk..... aint no way kidd can guard wade.. 4 of our 5 guys can create his own shot...
You asked for an answer, you got it.

Don't you think teams thought the same exact thing when we faced the Thunder and Lakers? Between them they won a combined one game.

Kidd and Stevenson will do just fine on Wade, you should be more worried about Wade showing up than how WE will contain your guys, because the dude was a ghost for most of the ECF...

Was I wrong to think that Wade would be at least containable in stretches after we did such a great job on Russ and Kobe?

No, get the hell out of here and quit trying to act like I said we'd shut Wade down.

Wade was a ghost in the ECF, you can't deny that. I thought maybe it'd continue, it didn't, you want a cookie?

Too bad, you ain't getting one.

keep your cookie, we'll take another ring instead... kobe is not faster then wade, wade has a better iq then russy.. its not a knock on any of them.. but there is a reason why people think that wade is the best SG in the league right now or next to kobe ( not talking about kobe's whole career, calm down folks )... we as a team, you have to pick your poison... your team might have contained kobe and russ for a little while but not kidd and stevenson themselves....

your team might have contained kobe and russ for a little while but not kidd and stevenson themselves....

It wasn't Kidd and Stevenson themselves that stopped Kobe and Russ?

Then who was it?
grin.gif

Wade seemingly played possum
laugh.gif
Almost thought he was slowing down due to age before his finals explosion. Guess he was conserving energy.

It was your entire team that put forth the effort to stop Russ and Kobe. Your interior D was in their face most of the time when they got pass Kidd and Stevenson.

Lets not act like Russ has a complete offensive game yet, he's still going off talent and athleticism. Kobe's lost a step and is more of a jump shooter at this stage in his career now.

Back
Top Bottom