OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

Fantastic season y'all.

Congrats to Dirk, JET, Kidd, Tyson, Cuban, etc.

I wonder what dudes like Melo/Amar'e think now....
nerd.gif

Congrats to JapainAir and Nowitness (and any other Mavs fans out there)....

No point in asking in the game thread, but where do the Heat go from here? An irrational decision (and probably being caught up in the moment) would probably be on the lines of doing something to shake up the Big 3. They don't have a lot of flexibility and there are a lot of holes on the roster.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Oh, NK, so when will someone expose our defense?

Wade killed us, sure. But 17/5 turnovers in a closeout game.

But Bron?

Hell nah.
laugh.gif

Bosh went off a bit, but it's our defense that won us this series.

Where's that picture of the Mavericks hitlist, with Kobe, Durant, and Roy on it, saying LBJ was next?
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
the mavs did it. they deserved to win. they did the unthinkable. but you shouldnt be calling out fans being cocky. all you heat and mavs fans was cocky and talking slick throughout. 

two of the most undeserving fan bases not named the lakers.
laugh.gif

Also Japan the idea that you predicted LeBron James suddenly playing like ++!@ for seemingly no reason is insane your team won enjoy it but lets not act like the Mavs path to victory was clear.

Howard: I want to stay, but I'm still becoming a free agent

Dwight Howard reaffirmed his desire to stay with the Magic, but told NBA.com on Monday that he will definitely become a free agent rather than sign an extension in the next year and also left open the possibility he would reconsider his future in Orlando if the team does not win the title next season.
Speaking during a break at the adidas Eurocamp as part of a tour of the continent for the shoe company, Howard joked with reporters at a news conference and appeared in good spirits.

In a one-on-one interview afterward, though, he made it clear he is not happy with the collective personality of Orlando's roster and that changes need to be made. The same message, he said, was delivered to owner Rich DeVos and CEO Bob Vander Weide in a meeting last week that included Howard sharing thoughts on everything from personnel to fan involvement and arena atmosphere at home games.

"I want to win a championship," the All-Star center said. "I think the owners have to really know that. That's been my goal and my mission since I've been in the NBA -- to win a championship. I don't have side goals or agendas. My main goal is to win a championship. I want to have 14 other guys who feel the same way."

Asked if the Magic have that now, he said, "It's off and on. Sometimes guys are there whole-heartedly and then sometimes I've had teammates allow people getting in their ears and things like that effect the way that they play and approach the game."

Howard said he did not tell DeVos and Vander Weide specific roster moves he wanted to see.

"I just told them, 'We've got to have guys who are going to play hard 48 minutes and who are going to battle the other team, who are going to fight night in and night out for a championship,' " he said.

The topic would be pressing enough with a large payroll and a first-round playoff loss. Management cannot be happy, either, with the early exit two years after winning the Eastern Conference crown. That the face of the franchise is expected to opt out of the final season of his contract and become a free agent in summer 2012 makes the alarm sound even louder.

The Magic have a two-year extension on the table, the longest deal they can offer under the Collective Bargaining Agreement that expires June 30. Howard made it clear Monday, though, that he will become a free agent and not sign an extension.

"There's no other place I'd rather be besides Orlando," he said. "As of right now, that's my home. I just want to stay in Orlando as long as I can.

"That's the truth. I don't have to keep things calm or anything. This is how I really feel in my heart. A lot of people want to see me go other places, but I want to stay in Orlando. I have a beautiful home there. There are beautiful people down there. My son is in Orlando. He's getting a lot older and I want to be there to see as many moments as I can of his life."

And if the Magic do not win the 2012 championship and the personality of the roster stays the same?

"Then things have to change," Howard told NBA.com.

Including your address?

"At the end of the day, as far as what I want to accomplish as a basketball player, to be one of the greats, you have to win championships," he said. "That's how I see it. I want to do that in Orlando, and hopefully we can get it done.... Everybody's asking me from the beginning of the season until today where am I playing in a year? Am I getting traded? I have no clue. As of right now, I want to be in Orlando."

Link

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Also Japan the idea that you predicted LeBron James suddenly playing like ++!@ for seemingly no reason is insane your team won enjoy it but lets not act like the Mavs path to victory was clear.

I have racks on racks on racks on deck to find out what happened to LeBron.
ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif

Doesn't Lebron have the option to opt out after his third season with the Heat ? Any chance we see this dude go back to Cleveland ?

Originally Posted by KING x RIECE

Doesn't Lebron have the option to opt out after his third season with the Heat ? Any chance we see this dude go back to Cleveland ?

He's locked up until 2014-2015 (player option for 20.6M)

Bosh played a damn good finals so unless you're getting back a star PG or Dwight, I'm not trading him. He got cut out of the offense once again last night when he should have been getting the ball more. Plus, Chalmers didn't play half bad either. You ride Mike Bibby so hard for five games instead of using him is another move Spoelstra should be questioned on. He won't necessarily deserve it but I don't see any way he comes back as coach next season.

BTW, I still think this season was a success for Miami given what most people thought/said at the beginning of the year.

Originally Posted by HankMoody

Originally Posted by KING x RIECE

He's locked up until 2014-2015 (player option for 20.6M)

He's definitely staying with Miami . Good looks though

Originally Posted by University of Nike

Aaron Brooks / Sam Dalembert would be good looks for the Heat.

I agree with you about Dalembert, kinda iffy on Brooks though.

30t6p3b.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
@ that Mo Williams tweet. 

Sounding like a scorned lover.

Dally should come to the Knicks. The Heat could've won the chip with Joel Anthony as their center if Lebron had a pair. They don't need anymore "help" Lebron's insecurities are the reason why they didn't win nothing else.

Back
Top Bottom