OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

Omg, that commentator sounds horrible 
sick.gif

T-Mac and Hedo
d70256febca84a2775355aedbe3cf3885f8ff61.gif

Originally Posted by Zyzz

how did Wade and Lebron share player of the month? they never had it like that before...

it's happened before

This is the second player of the month award for Nash, who was theNBA's Co-Player of the Month in November 2002 along with Michael Finleyand Dirk Nowitzki after Dallas' 14-0 start.

http://www.nba.com/suns/news/nash_041201.html

NEW YORK (Jan. 2, 2001) Boston Celtics forwards Paul Pierce and AntoineWalker today were named the NBA's Eastern Conference co-Players of theMonth while San Antonio forward Tim Duncan received the honor asWestern Conference Player of the Month for games played in December.
Walker and Pierce have led the team to its best start in 10 years.
Thismarks the first time that two players have shared the NBA's Player orthe Month Award since December 1982, when Larry Drew and Moses Malonesplit the award. It is the first time two teammates have shared thehonor.

http://www.nba.com/celtic...s/pierce_walker_pom.html

Originally Posted by Zyzz

how did Wade and Lebron share player of the month? they never had it like that before...

it's happened before

This is the second player of the month award for Nash, who was theNBA's Co-Player of the Month in November 2002 along with Michael Finleyand Dirk Nowitzki after Dallas' 14-0 start.

http://www.nba.com/suns/news/nash_041201.html

NEW YORK (Jan. 2, 2001) Boston Celtics forwards Paul Pierce and AntoineWalker today were named the NBA's Eastern Conference co-Players of theMonth while San Antonio forward Tim Duncan received the honor asWestern Conference Player of the Month for games played in December.
Walker and Pierce have led the team to its best start in 10 years.
Thismarks the first time that two players have shared the NBA's Player orthe Month Award since December 1982, when Larry Drew and Moses Malonesplit the award. It is the first time two teammates have shared thehonor.

http://www.nba.com/celtic...s/pierce_walker_pom.html

So when do people come clean and admit the Heat have been twice as good as any other team since Bron and Wade figure out how to play together?

So when do people come clean and admit the Heat have been twice as good as any other team since Bron and Wade figure out how to play together?

I found this kinda interesting:
Here's the combined record for the 10 oldest teams in the NBA:

240-99

Here's the combined record for the 10 youngest teams in the NBA:

124-211

Of the oldest teams in the NBA, all are currently playoff teams. In fact, of the 10 best teams in the NBA, 9 are one of the 10 oldest teams.

Of the youngest teams in the NBA, only two are currently playoff teams. In fact, of the 10 worst teams in the NBA, 7 are one of the 10 youngest teams.

The average age of the 10 oldest teams: 28.4

The average age of the 10 youngest teams: 25.27

I also didn't know the Knicks was the 4th youngest team in the league.

Minnesota Timberwolves 2.73 24.22
Memphis Grizzlies 2.57 24.61
Oklahoma City Thunder 3.27 24.73
New York Knicks 3.33 25.12
Washington Wizards 3.07 25.14
Sacramento Kings 2.86 25.22
New Jersey Nets 4.53 25.84
Toronto Raptors 3.60 25.85
Los Angeles Clippers 4.21 25.94
Golden State Warriors 3.80 26.05

Those are the 10 youngest teams in the league. Out of those 10, only two are currently in the playoffs. The only other two teams that have a realistic shot at making the playoffs are the Grizz and Warriors.

These are the 10 oldest teams in the league (from youngest to oldest)

Atlanta Hawks 5.86 27.42
Utah Jazz 5.46 27.50
Chicago Bulls 5.08 27.57
San Antonio Spurs 5.14 27.93
Orlando Magic 6.64 28.17
Boston Celtics 7.27 28.30
Dallas Mavericks 7.27 28.87
Denver Nuggets 6.71 28.88
Los Angeles Lakers 7.86 29.14
Miami Heat 8.07 30.19

All 10 of these teams are in the playoffs.
laugh.gif

Is it safe to say that there is a great chance of you making the playoffs as long as you have legit veterans in your rotation? Of course, that's not the complete formula to success, but its something to look at. Experience/age matters a lot in terms of winning, consistency and success.

I found this kinda interesting:
Here's the combined record for the 10 oldest teams in the NBA:

240-99

Here's the combined record for the 10 youngest teams in the NBA:

124-211

Of the oldest teams in the NBA, all are currently playoff teams. In fact, of the 10 best teams in the NBA, 9 are one of the 10 oldest teams.

Of the youngest teams in the NBA, only two are currently playoff teams. In fact, of the 10 worst teams in the NBA, 7 are one of the 10 youngest teams.

The average age of the 10 oldest teams: 28.4

The average age of the 10 youngest teams: 25.27

I also didn't know the Knicks was the 4th youngest team in the league.

Minnesota Timberwolves 2.73 24.22
Memphis Grizzlies 2.57 24.61
Oklahoma City Thunder 3.27 24.73
New York Knicks 3.33 25.12
Washington Wizards 3.07 25.14
Sacramento Kings 2.86 25.22
New Jersey Nets 4.53 25.84
Toronto Raptors 3.60 25.85
Los Angeles Clippers 4.21 25.94
Golden State Warriors 3.80 26.05

Those are the 10 youngest teams in the league. Out of those 10, only two are currently in the playoffs. The only other two teams that have a realistic shot at making the playoffs are the Grizz and Warriors.

These are the 10 oldest teams in the league (from youngest to oldest)

Atlanta Hawks 5.86 27.42
Utah Jazz 5.46 27.50
Chicago Bulls 5.08 27.57
San Antonio Spurs 5.14 27.93
Orlando Magic 6.64 28.17
Boston Celtics 7.27 28.30
Dallas Mavericks 7.27 28.87
Denver Nuggets 6.71 28.88
Los Angeles Lakers 7.86 29.14
Miami Heat 8.07 30.19

All 10 of these teams are in the playoffs.
laugh.gif

Is it safe to say that there is a great chance of you making the playoffs as long as you have legit veterans in your rotation? Of course, that's not the complete formula to success, but its something to look at. Experience/age matters a lot in terms of winning, consistency and success.

I honestly think the 2010 Detroit Pistons might be the single most uninteresting NBA team I've ever come across. They only have 3 players I'd want on my team at this stage in their career (Gordon, Stuckey, Prince) and their last two draft picks were probably the softest kids in each draft (Austin Daye, Greg Monroe). I bet Ben Gordon regrets his decision to leave Chicago every single game. On top of it all, they play in Detroit 
sick.gif

I honestly think the 2010 Detroit Pistons might be the single most uninteresting NBA team I've ever come across. They only have 3 players I'd want on my team at this stage in their career (Gordon, Stuckey, Prince) and their last two draft picks were probably the softest kids in each draft (Austin Daye, Greg Monroe). I bet Ben Gordon regrets his decision to leave Chicago every single game. On top of it all, they play in Detroit 
sick.gif

Originally Posted by Buc Em

sick.gif
I agree about them being interesting, but I'd only take Tayshaun Prince.  The rest of that roster is a bunch of mixed pieces and tweeners.  

sick.gif
I agree about them being interesting, but I'd only take Tayshaun Prince.  The rest of that roster is a bunch of mixed pieces and tweeners.  

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

when they lose to the celtics in the ECF?

the only meaningful wins have been against utah and the lakers. they been destroying bad to moderate teams. they look scary but i would still take boston in a 7 game series without a question

when they lose to the celtics in the ECF?

the only meaningful wins have been against utah and the lakers. they been destroying bad to moderate teams. they look scary but i would still take boston in a 7 game series without a question

sick.gif
dont hate on the Pistons, they just need to make a trade to make it all come together and get rid of Kuester
sick.gif
dude is terrible.

sick.gif
dont hate on the Pistons, they just need to make a trade to make it all come together and get rid of Kuester
sick.gif
dude is terrible.

I think Wade has figured it out more TBH.  Bron excels when Wade is off the court (not saying he doesn't play great when Wade is on the court BTW) but Wade has been phenomenal in either situation.

I think Wade has figured it out more TBH.  Bron excels when Wade is off the court (not saying he doesn't play great when Wade is on the court BTW) but Wade has been phenomenal in either situation.

[h3]Fanhouse.com: Knicks targeting Steve Nash[/h3]According to today's Fanhouse.com, Phoenix is on the fence about moving Steve Nash. They also add this:

Despite the career year being had by free agent addition Raymond Felton, the Knicks have continued to target Nash and are prepared to make a pitch if the Suns send word that he is available. The pieces needed to land him would almost certainly be similar to those in discussion for a Carmelo Anthony deal with Denver, even if former Suns president Steve Kerr said recently that he didn't think the Knicks had enough to land either player because of the absence of draft picks available to offer.

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2011/01/04/steve-nash-still-with-suns-for-now/

[h3]Fanhouse.com: Knicks targeting Steve Nash[/h3]According to today's Fanhouse.com, Phoenix is on the fence about moving Steve Nash. They also add this:

Despite the career year being had by free agent addition Raymond Felton, the Knicks have continued to target Nash and are prepared to make a pitch if the Suns send word that he is available. The pieces needed to land him would almost certainly be similar to those in discussion for a Carmelo Anthony deal with Denver, even if former Suns president Steve Kerr said recently that he didn't think the Knicks had enough to land either player because of the absence of draft picks available to offer.

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2011/01/04/steve-nash-still-with-suns-for-now/

Back
Top Bottom