OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

141 points in the first half of the Knicks/Spurs
roll.gif

Pop. 
laugh.gif

I don't blame him though. Helps prevent his players from playing meaningless minutes.

Pop. 
laugh.gif

I don't blame him though. Helps prevent his players from playing meaningless minutes.

greg pop is the biggest quitter ever.. i dont respect a coach like that.

He was sending a message. Pop was thoroughly pissed all night. Plus they play in Boston tomorrow.

greg pop is the biggest quitter ever.. i dont respect a coach like that.

He was sending a message. Pop was thoroughly pissed all night. Plus they play in Boston tomorrow.

i think it was a good move for pop. they play tomo against BOS which does not get any easier. a win at BOS will be more meaningful than a win at NY. he knows his players are aging and is watching their minutes. regardless of the move i see them losing tomo at BOS

i think it was a good move for pop. they play tomo against BOS which does not get any easier. a win at BOS will be more meaningful than a win at NY. he knows his players are aging and is watching their minutes. regardless of the move i see them losing tomo at BOS

Mark Cuban takes jab at Phil Jackson

DALLAS -- Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban apparently didn't appreciate Los Angeles Lakers coach Phil Jackson offering his opinion about the impact of Caron Butler's season-ending knee injury.

More on the Mavericks

News, notes and analysis of the Mavericks from ESPNDallas.com's Jeff Caplan, Tim MacMahon and our team. Blog

• 10 In '10: Highlights Photo Gallery Lowlights Photo Gallery

"He just leaves a vacuum that's going to be very hard for them to fill," Jackson said, according to the Los Angeles Times.

Cuban scoffed Tuesday evening at reporters' questions about whether this affected the Mavs' approach in the trade market. He kept his answers brief, saying they'd be "opportunistic," as always.

But Cuban was a bit more talkative while jabbing at Jackson, poking fun at the legendary coach's romantic relationship with Lakers owner Jerry Buss' daughter and team executive vice president of business operations, Jeanie, in the process.

"I love that Jeanie Buss' boy-toy had something to say about us," Cuban said while sweating on the stair-stepping machine in the Mavs' workout room. "I don't know if it was his thought or Jeanie's thought, but it's nice to know that she lets him speak in public about other teams."

Cuban declined to offer his opinion on the two-time defending champion Lakers, who have hit a rough patch with four losses in six games.

"I don't have a take on his team," Cuban said with a smirk. "I like Jeanie."

roll.gif
Anything Cuban says is high comedy. Unfortunately for him, his bravado is inversely proportionate to the postseason success of his team.

Mark Cuban takes jab at Phil Jackson

DALLAS -- Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban apparently didn't appreciate Los Angeles Lakers coach Phil Jackson offering his opinion about the impact of Caron Butler's season-ending knee injury.

More on the Mavericks

News, notes and analysis of the Mavericks from ESPNDallas.com's Jeff Caplan, Tim MacMahon and our team. Blog

• 10 In '10: Highlights Photo Gallery Lowlights Photo Gallery

"He just leaves a vacuum that's going to be very hard for them to fill," Jackson said, according to the Los Angeles Times.

Cuban scoffed Tuesday evening at reporters' questions about whether this affected the Mavs' approach in the trade market. He kept his answers brief, saying they'd be "opportunistic," as always.

But Cuban was a bit more talkative while jabbing at Jackson, poking fun at the legendary coach's romantic relationship with Lakers owner Jerry Buss' daughter and team executive vice president of business operations, Jeanie, in the process.

"I love that Jeanie Buss' boy-toy had something to say about us," Cuban said while sweating on the stair-stepping machine in the Mavs' workout room. "I don't know if it was his thought or Jeanie's thought, but it's nice to know that she lets him speak in public about other teams."

Cuban declined to offer his opinion on the two-time defending champion Lakers, who have hit a rough patch with four losses in six games.

"I don't have a take on his team," Cuban said with a smirk. "I like Jeanie."

roll.gif
Anything Cuban says is high comedy. Unfortunately for him, his bravado is inversely proportionate to the postseason success of his team.

Back
Top Bottom