OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

Originally Posted by you big dummy

Originally Posted by bdis1986

Originally Posted by you big dummy

interested in seeing what Tmac has left against the Lakers
nothing so far ..
he was 3 for 4 before they replaced him with Stuckey
sick.gif

yeah T-MAC with the dunk 
pimp.gif

Durant is great and all, but when it comes to being clutch and crunch time situations.
sick.gif

Our whole section in the arena was like "%!#" when he shot that deep 3.
laugh.gif

Durant is great and all, but when it comes to being clutch and crunch time situations.
sick.gif

Our whole section in the arena was like "%!#" when he shot that deep 3.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

I know somebody got that chad ford number 1 pick mid season report.
nerd.gif
Looks like Perry Jones is the top dog right right now, although opinions vary. Definitely should be on top my Wizards' draft board, seeing as how they badly need an influx of high-ceiling talent. Still think Barnes is there at the end of the season, though.

Spoiler [+]
[h3]Baylor's Perry Jones has edge at No. 1[/h3]
We interrupt our regular weekly StockWatches to note that we've reached the midway point in the collegebasketball season. Teams are beginning conference play, whichinevitably changes things from a scouting perspective.

Conferenceopponents scout much the same way NBA teams do. They understand whatstar players in their conference like to do and try to take it awayfrom them. Every season a few players smash up against the wall versusthe tighter defenses they face in conference play, while others reallystart to shine.

So I asked a number of NBA scouts andexecutives a few questions about the NBA draft that should be answeredin the next three months.
[h3]1. Who is the No. 1 pick?[/h3]
North Carolina small forward Harrison Barnes has been a disappointment. Baylor power forward Perry Jones has been better, but just put up a zero-point effort against Texas Southern. Duke point guard Kyrie Irving was off to a great start but got injured eight games into the season, and it isn't clear when he'll be back. Kentucky center Enes Kanterhasn't played a game due to eligibility issues. Everyone else istalented but not exactly No. 1-pick caliber talent. So, who is No. 1?

Asyou can guess, the NBA scouts and execs I spoke with are all over theboard. A small handful are expecting Barnes to break out in the secondhalf.

"He's struggled, but I believe he's going to have abig second half of the season," one scout said. "He's been a guy thatjust has been trying to find his rhythm with a different system and ateam filled with returning guys. I think North Carolina needs him todominate to succeed in the ACC, and I think [coach] Roy Williams willhelp facilitate that. If he blows up, he'll be the No. 1 guy."

Morescouts feel that Irving, despite the injury, is the guy. "We're in anera of great point guards," one NBA executive said. "So many teams nowhave top-tier guards. If you don't have one, you're going to be at amajor disadvantage down the road. Irving can be one of those guys. Ithink there's very little risk in taking him, and he can be a guy whocan turn around your team."

But a surprising number had Jones atop their board, not so much for what he's done, but for who he could be in the pros.

"He'sthe most talented guy in the draft, and he also has the most upside,"one NBA executive said. "Baylor doesn't really know what to do withhim, but all of my scouts feel he's got the most potential; 6-10players with that sort of athleticism are just hard to come by."

Factoringin team needs (which always come into play when there is no consensusNo. 1), I think Jones has the upper hand, followed by Irving and thenBarnes. But all that could change if the guy in question No. 2 comes toplay.
[h3]2. Who is Enes Kanter?[/h3]
Kanter hasn't played a game for Kentucky this season, whichcomplicates things greatly. He is awaiting word on his appeal from theNCAA. If he's allowed to play, he could quickly move into the No. 1talk with a dominant performance for the Wildcats.

If theNCAA denies his appeal, it will get very interesting. This late in theseason, there aren't a lot of options for Kanter. If he declares forthe draft, which is likely, he'll have to do his damage in individualworkouts for teams. He's not the sort of player who will shine in thatsetting the way uber-athletic guys do, but given the competition in thepaint (and a head-to-head beating of Jared Sullinger at the Nike Hoop Summit), he could still emerge as the default top big man in the draft.

Thescouts and execs I spoke with all had Kanter somewhere between No. 1(yes, No. 1) and No. 10 on their boards. But no one was really willingto venture a guess on where he lands until we get more info. Stay tuned.
[h3]3. Who is the best non-freshman draft prospect in the country?[/h3]
College freshmen and international men of mystery dominate the Top10 of our Big Board. The highest-rated upperclassmen are UConn pointguard Kemba Walker, North Carolina power forward John Henson, Arizona small forward Derrick Williams and Kansas power forward Marcus Morris.

Who'sthe best? Three of the four (Walker, Williams and Morris) are havingbig, big seasons. But of the group, Henson got the most votes, becausehe has the most upside. He's got the sort of length and athleticismthat NBA teams covet. Walker is an undersized, shoot-first point guard,and Williams and Morris don't have traditional positions. So despitetheir terrific production, most of the scouts I spoke with had Hensonrated as the top non-freshman in the U.S.
[h3]4. Are the international men of mystery for real this year?[/h3]
After the international frenzy of 2002 and 2003, it looked likeinternational players were taking over the league. However, a number ofhigh-profile disappointments -- from Nikoloz Tskitishvilito Darko Milicic to Yi Jianlian -- have made skeptics of both fans andNBA scouts. Sure, a few players like Anderson Varejao, Andrea Bargnaniand Danilo Gallinari have been solid. But the next Dirk Nowitzki hasyet to cross the Atlantic.

Could that change in this draft? Scouts are very high on three international power forwards -- Jonas Valanciunas, Jan Vesely and Donatas Motiejunas.All three break the mold of former international busts. Vesely andMotiejunas have been patient with their NBA dreams and now playimportant minutes for big teams in Europe. Valanciunas is younger, buthe also plays solid minutes for a Euroleague team and has a toughnessto his game that scouts say is very -- wait for it -- American. Veselycan jump out of the gym, Motiejunas is an aggressive scorer in thepaint, and Valanciunas uses length and quickness to get things done.There are no soft, 3-point-shooting big men here.

Whilescouts won't go so far as calling any of them worthy of the top pick inthe draft, most believe all three are likely to crack the Top 10 ondraft night.
[h3]5. Who's most likely to hit the skids in conference play?[/h3]
Scouts uniformly brought up a candidate who showed problems last season -- Washington State shooting guard Klay Thompson.Thompson got off to a red-hot start last season before getting shutdown in conference play in the Pac-10. Why will it happen again? Somescouts worry that Thompson doesn't have the explosion or athleticism toget his own shot when defenses key in on him. After watching him shredfolks in Hawaii a week ago, I'm not sure I agree.
[h3]6. Who will rebound in the second half of the season?[/h3]
Barnes got, by far, the most votes here. Most of the scouts who werebelievers before the season still think he's going to be terrific andare waiting for him to break out.

A few other scouts voted for Florida center Patric Young.Young has all the physical characteristics scouts look for in a playerbut virtually none of the production. He is averaging 2.4 ppg in hisfirst 13 games and seems lost out there most nights. But scouts were soimpressed with his play for Team USA (under-18 squad) this past summerthat they believe it's only a matter of time before he starts to putthings together.
[h3]7. Who is the most overrated player on our board right now?[/h3]
Scouts were a bit all over the place here. Barnes got votes. So did Perry Jones and Kentucky small forward Terrence Jones.A few were really hard on Kemba Walker and Derrick Williams, as well.It was impossible to get a consensus, in part because of the differentways people scout.

Some were totally unimpressed withBarnes and Jones due to their lack of production. Others wereunimpressed with Walker's and Williams' physical tools despite theirproduction.

But the one guy virtually everyone mentioned was Kentucky point guard Brandon Knight. Most of the scouts and executives I spoke with struggled with him as a first-rounder, let alone a lottery pick.
[h3]8. Who is the most underrated?[/h3]
Again, there wasn't a ton of consensus here. San Diego State small forward Kawhi Leonard got the most votes, followed by Kansas power forwards Thomas Robinson and Markieff Morris, plus center Lucas Nogueira of Brazil.

Leonarddoesn't fit the traditional mold, but he's been super-productive on oneof the few undefeated teams left in college basketball. Every scout whohas watched him this season has walked away impressed. A number of themclaim he could be a lottery pick.

Robinson has been comingoff the bench for most of the season, but his size, athleticism andtoughness are obvious fits at the next level. He has moved into thestarting lineup the past two games and has played really well.

Morrishas been overshadowed by his brother, Marcus, but scouts really likehim. Markieff is not as offensively polished, but he's a bettershot-blocker, rebounder and defender, and he is also coming along onthe offensive end.

And Nogueira is a name to keep an eyeon. He was a dominant rebounder and shot-blocker versus Team USA in theunder-18 tournament this past summer. The scouts who have traveled toSpain to watch him play in the Spanish EBA league say he is still rawand needs to add strength, but his motor and shot-blocking ability makehim a very intriguing prospect. We've had Robinson, Morris and Nogueiraoutside the Top 30 all year, but scouts say all three are first-roundpicks if they declare this spring.

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

I know somebody got that chad ford number 1 pick mid season report.
nerd.gif
Looks like Perry Jones is the top dog right right now, although opinions vary. Definitely should be on top my Wizards' draft board, seeing as how they badly need an influx of high-ceiling talent. Still think Barnes is there at the end of the season, though.

Spoiler [+]
[h3]Baylor's Perry Jones has edge at No. 1[/h3]
We interrupt our regular weekly StockWatches to note that we've reached the midway point in the collegebasketball season. Teams are beginning conference play, whichinevitably changes things from a scouting perspective.

Conferenceopponents scout much the same way NBA teams do. They understand whatstar players in their conference like to do and try to take it awayfrom them. Every season a few players smash up against the wall versusthe tighter defenses they face in conference play, while others reallystart to shine.

So I asked a number of NBA scouts andexecutives a few questions about the NBA draft that should be answeredin the next three months.
[h3]1. Who is the No. 1 pick?[/h3]
North Carolina small forward Harrison Barnes has been a disappointment. Baylor power forward Perry Jones has been better, but just put up a zero-point effort against Texas Southern. Duke point guard Kyrie Irving was off to a great start but got injured eight games into the season, and it isn't clear when he'll be back. Kentucky center Enes Kanterhasn't played a game due to eligibility issues. Everyone else istalented but not exactly No. 1-pick caliber talent. So, who is No. 1?

Asyou can guess, the NBA scouts and execs I spoke with are all over theboard. A small handful are expecting Barnes to break out in the secondhalf.

"He's struggled, but I believe he's going to have abig second half of the season," one scout said. "He's been a guy thatjust has been trying to find his rhythm with a different system and ateam filled with returning guys. I think North Carolina needs him todominate to succeed in the ACC, and I think [coach] Roy Williams willhelp facilitate that. If he blows up, he'll be the No. 1 guy."

Morescouts feel that Irving, despite the injury, is the guy. "We're in anera of great point guards," one NBA executive said. "So many teams nowhave top-tier guards. If you don't have one, you're going to be at amajor disadvantage down the road. Irving can be one of those guys. Ithink there's very little risk in taking him, and he can be a guy whocan turn around your team."

But a surprising number had Jones atop their board, not so much for what he's done, but for who he could be in the pros.

"He'sthe most talented guy in the draft, and he also has the most upside,"one NBA executive said. "Baylor doesn't really know what to do withhim, but all of my scouts feel he's got the most potential; 6-10players with that sort of athleticism are just hard to come by."

Factoringin team needs (which always come into play when there is no consensusNo. 1), I think Jones has the upper hand, followed by Irving and thenBarnes. But all that could change if the guy in question No. 2 comes toplay.
[h3]2. Who is Enes Kanter?[/h3]
Kanter hasn't played a game for Kentucky this season, whichcomplicates things greatly. He is awaiting word on his appeal from theNCAA. If he's allowed to play, he could quickly move into the No. 1talk with a dominant performance for the Wildcats.

If theNCAA denies his appeal, it will get very interesting. This late in theseason, there aren't a lot of options for Kanter. If he declares forthe draft, which is likely, he'll have to do his damage in individualworkouts for teams. He's not the sort of player who will shine in thatsetting the way uber-athletic guys do, but given the competition in thepaint (and a head-to-head beating of Jared Sullinger at the Nike Hoop Summit), he could still emerge as the default top big man in the draft.

Thescouts and execs I spoke with all had Kanter somewhere between No. 1(yes, No. 1) and No. 10 on their boards. But no one was really willingto venture a guess on where he lands until we get more info. Stay tuned.
[h3]3. Who is the best non-freshman draft prospect in the country?[/h3]
College freshmen and international men of mystery dominate the Top10 of our Big Board. The highest-rated upperclassmen are UConn pointguard Kemba Walker, North Carolina power forward John Henson, Arizona small forward Derrick Williams and Kansas power forward Marcus Morris.

Who'sthe best? Three of the four (Walker, Williams and Morris) are havingbig, big seasons. But of the group, Henson got the most votes, becausehe has the most upside. He's got the sort of length and athleticismthat NBA teams covet. Walker is an undersized, shoot-first point guard,and Williams and Morris don't have traditional positions. So despitetheir terrific production, most of the scouts I spoke with had Hensonrated as the top non-freshman in the U.S.
[h3]4. Are the international men of mystery for real this year?[/h3]
After the international frenzy of 2002 and 2003, it looked likeinternational players were taking over the league. However, a number ofhigh-profile disappointments -- from Nikoloz Tskitishvilito Darko Milicic to Yi Jianlian -- have made skeptics of both fans andNBA scouts. Sure, a few players like Anderson Varejao, Andrea Bargnaniand Danilo Gallinari have been solid. But the next Dirk Nowitzki hasyet to cross the Atlantic.

Could that change in this draft? Scouts are very high on three international power forwards -- Jonas Valanciunas, Jan Vesely and Donatas Motiejunas.All three break the mold of former international busts. Vesely andMotiejunas have been patient with their NBA dreams and now playimportant minutes for big teams in Europe. Valanciunas is younger, buthe also plays solid minutes for a Euroleague team and has a toughnessto his game that scouts say is very -- wait for it -- American. Veselycan jump out of the gym, Motiejunas is an aggressive scorer in thepaint, and Valanciunas uses length and quickness to get things done.There are no soft, 3-point-shooting big men here.

Whilescouts won't go so far as calling any of them worthy of the top pick inthe draft, most believe all three are likely to crack the Top 10 ondraft night.
[h3]5. Who's most likely to hit the skids in conference play?[/h3]
Scouts uniformly brought up a candidate who showed problems last season -- Washington State shooting guard Klay Thompson.Thompson got off to a red-hot start last season before getting shutdown in conference play in the Pac-10. Why will it happen again? Somescouts worry that Thompson doesn't have the explosion or athleticism toget his own shot when defenses key in on him. After watching him shredfolks in Hawaii a week ago, I'm not sure I agree.
[h3]6. Who will rebound in the second half of the season?[/h3]
Barnes got, by far, the most votes here. Most of the scouts who werebelievers before the season still think he's going to be terrific andare waiting for him to break out.

A few other scouts voted for Florida center Patric Young.Young has all the physical characteristics scouts look for in a playerbut virtually none of the production. He is averaging 2.4 ppg in hisfirst 13 games and seems lost out there most nights. But scouts were soimpressed with his play for Team USA (under-18 squad) this past summerthat they believe it's only a matter of time before he starts to putthings together.
[h3]7. Who is the most overrated player on our board right now?[/h3]
Scouts were a bit all over the place here. Barnes got votes. So did Perry Jones and Kentucky small forward Terrence Jones.A few were really hard on Kemba Walker and Derrick Williams, as well.It was impossible to get a consensus, in part because of the differentways people scout.

Some were totally unimpressed withBarnes and Jones due to their lack of production. Others wereunimpressed with Walker's and Williams' physical tools despite theirproduction.

But the one guy virtually everyone mentioned was Kentucky point guard Brandon Knight. Most of the scouts and executives I spoke with struggled with him as a first-rounder, let alone a lottery pick.
[h3]8. Who is the most underrated?[/h3]
Again, there wasn't a ton of consensus here. San Diego State small forward Kawhi Leonard got the most votes, followed by Kansas power forwards Thomas Robinson and Markieff Morris, plus center Lucas Nogueira of Brazil.

Leonarddoesn't fit the traditional mold, but he's been super-productive on oneof the few undefeated teams left in college basketball. Every scout whohas watched him this season has walked away impressed. A number of themclaim he could be a lottery pick.

Robinson has been comingoff the bench for most of the season, but his size, athleticism andtoughness are obvious fits at the next level. He has moved into thestarting lineup the past two games and has played really well.

Morrishas been overshadowed by his brother, Marcus, but scouts really likehim. Markieff is not as offensively polished, but he's a bettershot-blocker, rebounder and defender, and he is also coming along onthe offensive end.

And Nogueira is a name to keep an eyeon. He was a dominant rebounder and shot-blocker versus Team USA in theunder-18 tournament this past summer. The scouts who have traveled toSpain to watch him play in the Spanish EBA league say he is still rawand needs to add strength, but his motor and shot-blocking ability makehim a very intriguing prospect. We've had Robinson, Morris and Nogueiraoutside the Top 30 all year, but scouts say all three are first-roundpicks if they declare this spring.

abovelegit1:
Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban apparently didn't appreciate Los Angeles Lakers coach Phil Jackson offering his opinion about the impact of Caron Butler's season-ending knee injury.

"He just leaves a vacuum that's going to be very hard for them to fill," Jackson said, according to the Los Angeles Times.

Cuban: "I love that Jeanie Buss' boy-toy had something to say about us. I don't know if it was his thought or Jeanie's thought, but it's nice to know that she lets him speak in public about other teams."

Cuban declined to offer his opinion on the two-time defending champion Lakers, who have hit a rough patch with four losses in six games.

"I don't have a take on his team," Cuban said with a smirk. "I like Jeanie."
Dude is a joke. I've thought for years that he's too sensitive, hard-headed and short-fused for his own good.

abovelegit1:
Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban apparently didn't appreciate Los Angeles Lakers coach Phil Jackson offering his opinion about the impact of Caron Butler's season-ending knee injury.

"He just leaves a vacuum that's going to be very hard for them to fill," Jackson said, according to the Los Angeles Times.

Cuban: "I love that Jeanie Buss' boy-toy had something to say about us. I don't know if it was his thought or Jeanie's thought, but it's nice to know that she lets him speak in public about other teams."

Cuban declined to offer his opinion on the two-time defending champion Lakers, who have hit a rough patch with four losses in six games.

"I don't have a take on his team," Cuban said with a smirk. "I like Jeanie."
Dude is a joke. I've thought for years that he's too sensitive, hard-headed and short-fused for his own good.

Originally Posted by badboyf0life420

greg pop is the biggest quitter ever.. i dont respect a coach like that.
Quitting is exactly how the Spurs ended up with Tim Duncan. Can't knock the hustle.

Quitting is exactly how the Spurs ended up with Tim Duncan. Can't knock the hustle.

laugh.gif
 hes been doing this for years, pop pulls his players whether they are winning or losing by a good amount

laugh.gif
 hes been doing this for years, pop pulls his players whether they are winning or losing by a good amount

Solid win against the Thunder for the Grizzles. They played some solid defense tonight. Tony Allen played the best basketball of his career tonight (minus those missed lay-ups). Clutch 3 pointer & key free throws down the stretch.

Solid win against the Thunder for the Grizzles. They played some solid defense tonight. Tony Allen played the best basketball of his career tonight (minus those missed lay-ups). Clutch 3 pointer & key free throws down the stretch.

Originally Posted by koolbarbone

They're making long term goals, when the weather folds. Yes.

what happened to Ben Gordon
30t6p3b.gif
Money.

Originally Posted by koolbarbone

They're making long term goals, when the weather folds. Yes.

what happened to Ben Gordon
30t6p3b.gif
Money.

Back
Top Bottom