OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  Tell me, honestly, what would beating the Lakers mean AT ALL?  What purpose would that serve?  What, shutting me up? 
roll.gif
I bet you would be happy to beat LA, and then lose the very next round.  Come on dude. 

By younger core in 06, I was also referring to Dirk and Terry being 5 years younger, as well as Dev and Josh.  Now you're hyping Tyson @#$%^& Chandler and 2 back up guards to do work in the postseason along with Peja.  This makes sense to you how?  How on earth does that make any sort of sense to you? 

Since 2000 you all have 9 series wins, and 10 series losses.  But suddenly THIS roster is "different"? 
ohwell.gif

And quit fronting, you been hypin Dallas every year for years, Dirk been the one talkin you down tryna chill you out. 

Why bring up LA?  3 years ago Kobe was 29, LO and Pau 27, Bynum was 21, Ariza was 22, Farmar and Sasha early to mid 20's, Brown mid 20's, in fact Fish was the only 30+ player we've had. 
3 years later, NOW they have all hit 30, and now they will start to slow down and head down the hill.  Lot more mileage on our tires now.  See what I'm sayin about guys like Marion, Dirk, Terry, Kidd, etc?  Lot more mileage then 3 years ago, right?  And those guys, are all OLDER then the Lakers I just named.  Do you see that, and understand that?  And did you just bring up Barea and Tony Parker at the same time?  You exoectin big things from Barea in the postseason? 
laugh.gif
  And btw, I LIKE this kid Barea.  I spoke up about him last year when Mav fans were killin him.  I said he played hard and with heart, but I don't want to pin my hopes to the kid. 

Stop telling me there is stuff to base it off of, games 1-50 regular season.  You do realize that the playoffs are a different animal, yes?  So why are you telling me about THIS year things are different? 

And yes, if you want to impress me, go buy a Melo, and give me another star that will be on the court with Dirk when it matters.  Depth is nice, helps alot in the 82 game portion of each year,but when it comes to a series, and they are always close, at the end of the game each team can only have 5 guys, and if it's Dirk and 4 solid guys, vs a team with 2-3 top tier guys and 2-3 solid guys, who wins that 99 times out of 100?  Unless you are telling me that you plan to be the 04 Pistons, Dirk and 4 solid guys won't do anything I haven't already seen. 

But as you asked for, you only hope to beat LA this year, that'll make your whole season.  *shrugs*  

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  Tell me, honestly, what would beating the Lakers mean AT ALL?  What purpose would that serve?  What, shutting me up? 
roll.gif
I bet you would be happy to beat LA, and then lose the very next round.  Come on dude. 

By younger core in 06, I was also referring to Dirk and Terry being 5 years younger, as well as Dev and Josh.  Now you're hyping Tyson @#$%^& Chandler and 2 back up guards to do work in the postseason along with Peja.  This makes sense to you how?  How on earth does that make any sort of sense to you? 

Since 2000 you all have 9 series wins, and 10 series losses.  But suddenly THIS roster is "different"? 
ohwell.gif

And quit fronting, you been hypin Dallas every year for years, Dirk been the one talkin you down tryna chill you out. 

Why bring up LA?  3 years ago Kobe was 29, LO and Pau 27, Bynum was 21, Ariza was 22, Farmar and Sasha early to mid 20's, Brown mid 20's, in fact Fish was the only 30+ player we've had. 
3 years later, NOW they have all hit 30, and now they will start to slow down and head down the hill.  Lot more mileage on our tires now.  See what I'm sayin about guys like Marion, Dirk, Terry, Kidd, etc?  Lot more mileage then 3 years ago, right?  And those guys, are all OLDER then the Lakers I just named.  Do you see that, and understand that?  And did you just bring up Barea and Tony Parker at the same time?  You exoectin big things from Barea in the postseason? 
laugh.gif
  And btw, I LIKE this kid Barea.  I spoke up about him last year when Mav fans were killin him.  I said he played hard and with heart, but I don't want to pin my hopes to the kid. 

Stop telling me there is stuff to base it off of, games 1-50 regular season.  You do realize that the playoffs are a different animal, yes?  So why are you telling me about THIS year things are different? 

And yes, if you want to impress me, go buy a Melo, and give me another star that will be on the court with Dirk when it matters.  Depth is nice, helps alot in the 82 game portion of each year,but when it comes to a series, and they are always close, at the end of the game each team can only have 5 guys, and if it's Dirk and 4 solid guys, vs a team with 2-3 top tier guys and 2-3 solid guys, who wins that 99 times out of 100?  Unless you are telling me that you plan to be the 04 Pistons, Dirk and 4 solid guys won't do anything I haven't already seen. 

But as you asked for, you only hope to beat LA this year, that'll make your whole season.  *shrugs*  

God you're an idiot sometimes I swear.

I'd love to beat LA to shut you up, no, I wouldn't rather have that happen then with a ring.

I'd love to beat LA to shut you up, no, I wouldn't rather have that happen then with a ring.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

He was a bit condescending, but still contributed to the discussion, and made solid points. How does that make him an idiot? 
The only thing you said in defense of your assertion that the Mavs are bound for a deep playoff run is that they're now built around defense. And it may seem that way to you, a phenomena known as observer bias, but relative to the rest of the league the Mavs simply don't excel on defense. They currently rank 12th in the NBA in defensive efficiency, at 102.2 points allowed per 100 possessions. They're also 8th in offensive efficiency, and just about every champion has had either a top 5 offense or defense, sometimes both. 

Also, history shows that you almost always need a legitimate second option on offense, who can create his own shot, score efficiently, and create match up problems. Jason Terry, for all his skill, is not a legit second option. 

Quite frankly, I'd be shocked if they make a deep run. They'd be facing either the Spurs or the Lakers in the second round, and that won't end well for Dallas. I will be monitoring Beaubois' progression closely, though; I'm rather high on him.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

He was a bit condescending, but still contributed to the discussion, and made solid points. How does that make him an idiot? 
The only thing you said in defense of your assertion that the Mavs are bound for a deep playoff run is that they're now built around defense. And it may seem that way to you, a phenomena known as observer bias, but relative to the rest of the league the Mavs simply don't excel on defense. They currently rank 12th in the NBA in defensive efficiency, at 102.2 points allowed per 100 possessions. They're also 8th in offensive efficiency, and just about every champion has had either a top 5 offense or defense, sometimes both. 

Also, history shows that you almost always need a legitimate second option on offense, who can create his own shot, score efficiently, and create match up problems. Jason Terry, for all his skill, is not a legit second option. 

Quite frankly, I'd be shocked if they make a deep run. They'd be facing either the Spurs or the Lakers in the second round, and that won't end well for Dallas. I will be monitoring Beaubois' progression closely, though; I'm rather high on him.

i havent even kept up wit my fantasy team and im in 3rd place
pimp.gif

im gonna step it up 2nd half of the season and win it all

i just realized i drafted kevin love in the 6th round
laugh.gif
eek.gif
   i think ill be the last person in the history of the universe to be able to say that.
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

i havent even kept up wit my fantasy team and im in 3rd place
pimp.gif

im gonna step it up 2nd half of the season and win it all

i just realized i drafted kevin love in the 6th round
laugh.gif
eek.gif
   i think ill be the last person in the history of the universe to be able to say that.
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

Lol the Mavs sphincters will close up like they always do at playoff time.

And Mark Cuban will have more priceless face reactions.

Ok so the Mavs have improved on defense, there's no guarantee that will continue into the postseason and who knows they could just get a team that matches up very well with them our a style of play that works well against them and be right back in the same boat they always are...losing in earlier rounds where they are HUGE favorites.

Lol the Mavs sphincters will close up like they always do at playoff time.

And Mark Cuban will have more priceless face reactions.

Ok so the Mavs have improved on defense, there's no guarantee that will continue into the postseason and who knows they could just get a team that matches up very well with them our a style of play that works well against them and be right back in the same boat they always are...losing in earlier rounds where they are HUGE favorites.

Originally Posted by BangDak

I really do want to see a Mavs/LA WCSF just to see the countless arguments
laugh.gif
Fix. I been wating YEARS for this to happen.  The SPURS always have to play one or the other in the playoffs.
30t6p3b.gif

Should be fun.
happy.gif

Originally Posted by BangDak

I really do want to see a Mavs/LA WCSF just to see the countless arguments
laugh.gif
Fix. I been wating YEARS for this to happen.  The SPURS always have to play one or the other in the playoffs.
30t6p3b.gif

Should be fun.
happy.gif

I'm glad both KD and russy had go games yesterday (KD with 14 of the west's 31 points in the 4th)

now time to finish out the season strong and hopefully get the 2nd or 3rd seed in the west (I hope LA's brutal final stretch will knock them down)

I'm glad both KD and russy had go games yesterday (KD with 14 of the west's 31 points in the 4th)

now time to finish out the season strong and hopefully get the 2nd or 3rd seed in the west (I hope LA's brutal final stretch will knock them down)

Making the playoffs and playing dallas or okc will make my year. Its going to be fun scaring some teams. Just hope the team steps up with rudy out.

Making the playoffs and playing dallas or okc will make my year. Its going to be fun scaring some teams. Just hope the team steps up with rudy out.

Maaaan I don't see how anybody that watches that dude on a regular basis yaps about him being one-dimensional offensively... Dude is filth status.

Back
Top Bottom