OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Originally Posted by PMatic

The basic forumla for a NBA champion is 2 hall of famers (or close to that), decent to solid supporting cast and a good head coach.
i would say

2 HOF players in there prime, 1 role player with all star talent, solid supporting cast and good HC.
If that's the case, people shouldn't hate the Heat for what they did. 
laugh.gif

But, there's a reason why only the Spurs, Lakers, Celtics and Pistons are the only team to win a championship in the past decade. 

If this is the case, then why even talk about other teams even making it to the Finals? 
laugh.gif
  But, the Spurs, Lakers and Celtics won't be there for much longer. So, which 2 or 3 teams take their place for the next decade? Miami and who else?

The teams with the elite talent.  Durant, Dwight and maybe Rose and whoever gets paired with those players. 

2 years from now, if it's James, Wade, Dwight, Durant, and Rose as the best 5 players in the game (depending on Paul's knee) those teams that have them will be your finals teams. 

The basic forumla for a NBA champion is 2 hall of famers (or close to that), decent to solid supporting cast and a good head coach.
i would say

2 HOF players in there prime, 1 role player with all star talent, solid supporting cast and good HC.
laugh.gif

But, there's a reason why only the Spurs, Lakers, Celtics and Pistons are the only team to win a championship in the past decade. 

If this is the case, then why even talk about other teams even making it to the Finals? 
laugh.gif
  But, the Spurs, Lakers and Celtics won't be there for much longer. So, which 2 or 3 teams take their place for the next decade? Miami and who else?

The teams with the elite talent.  Durant, Dwight and maybe Rose and whoever gets paired with those players. 

2 years from now, if it's James, Wade, Dwight, Durant, and Rose as the best 5 players in the game (depending on Paul's knee) those teams that have them will be your finals teams. 

Originally Posted by CP1708

Based off Hoopshype, the Heat deals are only for 4 years? 
eek.gif

That means they could do this all over again in 2014 if they wanted?  Bron would be 30 that season, Wade 34 (so I doubt he would opt out at that point) and Bosh 30 as well I think. 

Is that accurate?  I thought it was 5 year deals with a 6th as the options.  That basically means 3 years, and another summer/year/trading deadline of rumors and offers and all the other fun stuff. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

come on CP.

you really didnt read all that durning the summer?

roll.gif
you remember how much stuff was flyin around back then?  I tried to keep up with everything, but I swear I thought it was 5 years, but off that site, it's 4.  I had NO idea it was 4 years locked in only.  That's BIG. 

Imagine if Boston holds them off this year, and Wade starts breaking down further next season and beyond, Bron could totally jump again at the age of 30.  Wade at 33-34 by that time, and presumably a shell of a body at that point, man.  I can't even imagine.  
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Based off Hoopshype, the Heat deals are only for 4 years? 
eek.gif

That means they could do this all over again in 2014 if they wanted?  Bron would be 30 that season, Wade 34 (so I doubt he would opt out at that point) and Bosh 30 as well I think. 

Is that accurate?  I thought it was 5 year deals with a 6th as the options.  That basically means 3 years, and another summer/year/trading deadline of rumors and offers and all the other fun stuff. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

come on CP.

you really didnt read all that durning the summer?

roll.gif
you remember how much stuff was flyin around back then?  I tried to keep up with everything, but I swear I thought it was 5 years, but off that site, it's 4.  I had NO idea it was 4 years locked in only.  That's BIG. 

Imagine if Boston holds them off this year, and Wade starts breaking down further next season and beyond, Bron could totally jump again at the age of 30.  Wade at 33-34 by that time, and presumably a shell of a body at that point, man.  I can't even imagine.  
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

i would say

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

How do you explain the current Boston Celtics team then? I'm pretty sure a finals team could be constructed without those specific players.

i would say

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

How do you explain the current Boston Celtics team then? I'm pretty sure a finals team could be constructed without those specific players.

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

i would say

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Well it depends on who you looking at. Pierce was 30 or 31 when they were assembled. KG was 31 and Ray was 32. 
What all-stars in the league 2-3 years from now we will be in their 30's willing to team up like Boston did? And what team will have the assets to do that? It'll obviously have a to be a young talented team with depth who is probably in the lottery (similar to Boston). It only cost Boston the 5th pick in the draft to get Ray Allen. 

Also, will that team have 2 other guys in their starting lineup that play at the level of Rondo and Perkins?

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

i would say

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Well it depends on who you looking at. Pierce was 30 or 31 when they were assembled. KG was 31 and Ray was 32. 
What all-stars in the league 2-3 years from now we will be in their 30's willing to team up like Boston did? And what team will have the assets to do that? It'll obviously have a to be a young talented team with depth who is probably in the lottery (similar to Boston). It only cost Boston the 5th pick in the draft to get Ray Allen. 

Also, will that team have 2 other guys in their starting lineup that play at the level of Rondo and Perkins?

You have 3 franchise players (advanced in age now), a former hall of famer, a very solid top 5 PG, two solid young bigs, a decent crop of role playing vets on the bench, and a solid coach. 

KG, PP, and Ray were 3 guys that were #1's on their team, they were united, a young PG was sprinkled in, along with a young C, and there you go.  Also in 08, they added House, PJ, Posey all after the fact along with rookie Davis. 

Elite players, with a nice mix.  Title. 

That "simple" 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  Simple being relative of course. 

You have 3 franchise players (advanced in age now), a former hall of famer, a very solid top 5 PG, two solid young bigs, a decent crop of role playing vets on the bench, and a solid coach. 

KG, PP, and Ray were 3 guys that were #1's on their team, they were united, a young PG was sprinkled in, along with a young C, and there you go.  Also in 08, they added House, PJ, Posey all after the fact along with rookie Davis. 

Elite players, with a nice mix.  Title. 

That "simple" 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  Simple being relative of course. 

Ya'll makin this @#$% difficult.  I already gave you my team in 2013, that's your answer. 
pimp.gif

Dwight
Love or Blake G, whichever
Ebanks
Mayo
Westbrook

Old dudes in Kobe, Pau, LO and Caracter off the bench, plus some filler. 
happy.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Ya'll makin this @#$% difficult.  I already gave you my team in 2013, that's your answer. 
pimp.gif

Dwight
Love or Blake G, whichever
Ebanks
Mayo
Westbrook

Old dudes in Kobe, Pau, LO and Caracter off the bench, plus some filler. 
happy.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

You're saying that the ONLY teams capable of winning the title have those 5 players, which is wrong. Who's to say Blake Griffin isn't one of the three best players in the league in two years? With Eric Gordon at the 2, and then if they add a free agent, wouldn't that be a finals contender? And that's just one example.

You're saying that the ONLY teams capable of winning the title have those 5 players, which is wrong. Who's to say Blake Griffin isn't one of the three best players in the league in two years? With Eric Gordon at the 2, and then if they add a free agent, wouldn't that be a finals contender? And that's just one example.

We're talkin about titles, and you came at me with the Clippers? 
ohwell.gif
roll.gif

Ok, how bout Blake goes to OKC with Durant and Westbrook, now you have a title team. 

I like Gordon, alot, but I don't think he can be #2, if the Clips get someone to be a 2, EG as a 3, and Blake makes a huge leap into the top NBA players, then yes, that is a team that could make a run.  If Gordon stays their second best player, then no, I don't believe they have it in them, no matter how good Blake gets. 

ohwell.gif
roll.gif

Ok, how bout Blake goes to OKC with Durant and Westbrook, now you have a title team. 

I like Gordon, alot, but I don't think he can be #2, if the Clips get someone to be a 2, EG as a 3, and Blake makes a huge leap into the top NBA players, then yes, that is a team that could make a run.  If Gordon stays their second best player, then no, I don't believe they have it in them, no matter how good Blake gets. 

ohwell.gif
roll.gif

The only argument in saying the Clippers aren't going to get to that point is to say they are the Clippers...Blake + EG + Deandre is as good a young core as their is plus they have cap room to make a major move.

ohwell.gif
roll.gif

The only argument in saying the Clippers aren't going to get to that point is to say they are the Clippers...Blake + EG + Deandre is as good a young core as their is plus they have cap room to make a major move.

SpearsNBAYahoo Marc J. Spears
Wizards guard Kirk Hinrich close to being dealt to the Hawks in multi-player trade, source tells Y! Sports.

Back
Top Bottom