OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

SpearsNBAYahoo Marc J. Spears
Wizards guard Kirk Hinrich close to being dealt to the Hawks in multi-player trade, source tells Y! Sports.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Originally Posted by CP1708

We're talkin about titles, and you came at me with the Clippers? 
ohwell.gif
roll.gif

Ok, how bout Blake goes to OKC with Durant and Westbrook, now you have a title team. 

I like Gordon, alot, but I don't think he can be #2, if the Clips get someone to be a 2, EG as a 3, and Blake makes a huge leap into the top NBA players, then yes, that is a team that could make a run.  If Gordon stays their second best player, then no, I don't believe they have it in them, no matter how good Blake gets. 
The only argument in saying the Clippers aren't going to get to that point is to say they are the Clippers...Blake + EG + Deandre is as good a young core as their is plus they have cap room to make a major move.

Kinda what I just said, no? 
ohwell.gif

I said several times on here, I wish Bron or Melo went there, so it would be Jordan, Blake, Elite SF, Gordon, and PG.  That woulda been a great get.  Gordon would be the third option, Blake and SF would be the 2 upper tier guys.....just like I said, right? 

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Originally Posted by CP1708

We're talkin about titles, and you came at me with the Clippers? 
ohwell.gif
roll.gif

Ok, how bout Blake goes to OKC with Durant and Westbrook, now you have a title team. 

I like Gordon, alot, but I don't think he can be #2, if the Clips get someone to be a 2, EG as a 3, and Blake makes a huge leap into the top NBA players, then yes, that is a team that could make a run.  If Gordon stays their second best player, then no, I don't believe they have it in them, no matter how good Blake gets. 
The only argument in saying the Clippers aren't going to get to that point is to say they are the Clippers...Blake + EG + Deandre is as good a young core as their is plus they have cap room to make a major move.

Kinda what I just said, no? 
ohwell.gif

I said several times on here, I wish Bron or Melo went there, so it would be Jordan, Blake, Elite SF, Gordon, and PG.  That woulda been a great get.  Gordon would be the third option, Blake and SF would be the 2 upper tier guys.....just like I said, right? 

when is the last time the clippers had cap room and spent there money right?

Deandre celling is nothing more then what tyson chandler is doing in the NBA.

you overrated Eric gordon so much its not even funny. and chances he stays with the clippers are slim

when is the last time the clippers had cap room and spent there money right?

Deandre celling is nothing more then what tyson chandler is doing in the NBA.

you overrated Eric gordon so much its not even funny. and chances he stays with the clippers are slim

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Atlanta's problem is trying to play small ball.

I think that's the last of Atlanta's problems.  Their glaring need at PG to run the uptempo offense they've been attempting the last few years is at the front of that.  Then they went and gave the max to a player who plays at a slow pace
laugh.gif

Hinrich could be interesting there.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Atlanta's problem is trying to play small ball.

I think that's the last of Atlanta's problems.  Their glaring need at PG to run the uptempo offense they've been attempting the last few years is at the front of that.  Then they went and gave the max to a player who plays at a slow pace
laugh.gif

Hinrich could be interesting there.

I would argue that the pistons are not really the exception to the rule, the Hall if probably too dumb to realize but Ben Wallace is certainly a HOF talent and Rasheed Wallace will never be remembered as any other than an under achiever but is incredibly effective in low key ways.

Pistons had players who were really good at underrated aspects of the game.

I would argue that the pistons are not really the exception to the rule, the Hall if probably too dumb to realize but Ben Wallace is certainly a HOF talent and Rasheed Wallace will never be remembered as any other than an under achiever but is incredibly effective in low key ways.

Pistons had players who were really good at underrated aspects of the game.

all of the championship formulas you guys have listed have flaws and exceptions to the rules.

i got a formula that trumps all of yalls:

1.)   got to have a top 5 defense.

2.)   and two scorers.

one scorer has to get huge buckets when you need them.  let me define huge.
by huge i mean meeting atleast one or both of the following criteria:

1.)  scoring big and carrying you thru a series averaging 30 plus for 6-7 games 

or

2.)  being able to get buckets no matter what, in crucial times in the game. whether its in crunch time or when your offense stalls in the 2nd,3rd quarter, whenever. these guys can go on a 6-8 point run by themselves

and the other scoring guy has to be able to come thru wit around 20 ppg

thats all you need to win a chip
the defense and the two guaranteed scorers

you might think this formula has exceptons to it,but not really.

take for instance the 94 rockets,they only had one dominant scorer but they had cassell,horry,or kenny smith that could hit clutch shots. so they still met the requirements of the formula,it just looked different.

all the other formulas have exceptions.

michaels bulls broke the rule of having to have a dominant big man to win a title.

the 04 pistons broke the mold and almost did it again in 05

the celtics arent a convential chamionship team. theyve got past their prime super stars.

even the spurs in 03,05,07 only had one hall of fame caliber player. (david robinson was not playing at a hall of fame level in 03,and manu and parker are not hall of fame nba players.)

all of the championship formulas you guys have listed have flaws and exceptions to the rules.

i got a formula that trumps all of yalls:

1.)   got to have a top 5 defense.

2.)   and two scorers.

one scorer has to get huge buckets when you need them.  let me define huge.
by huge i mean meeting atleast one or both of the following criteria:

1.)  scoring big and carrying you thru a series averaging 30 plus for 6-7 games 

or

2.)  being able to get buckets no matter what, in crucial times in the game. whether its in crunch time or when your offense stalls in the 2nd,3rd quarter, whenever. these guys can go on a 6-8 point run by themselves

and the other scoring guy has to be able to come thru wit around 20 ppg

thats all you need to win a chip
the defense and the two guaranteed scorers

you might think this formula has exceptons to it,but not really.

take for instance the 94 rockets,they only had one dominant scorer but they had cassell,horry,or kenny smith that could hit clutch shots. so they still met the requirements of the formula,it just looked different.

all the other formulas have exceptions.

michaels bulls broke the rule of having to have a dominant big man to win a title.

the 04 pistons broke the mold and almost did it again in 05

the celtics arent a convential chamionship team. theyve got past their prime super stars.

even the spurs in 03,05,07 only had one hall of fame caliber player. (david robinson was not playing at a hall of fame level in 03,and manu and parker are not hall of fame nba players.)

/\
that's the most simplest way to put it. I can agree for the most part. Also, you should prefer for one of those guys to be a low post player and the other on the perimeter. Those two scorers have to be able to play both sides of the ball somewhat. You also need a solid bench. At least 3 very key subs that can step in at any time due to injury.

/\
that's the most simplest way to put it. I can agree for the most part. Also, you should prefer for one of those guys to be a low post player and the other on the perimeter. Those two scorers have to be able to play both sides of the ball somewhat. You also need a solid bench. At least 3 very key subs that can step in at any time due to injury.

Back
Top Bottom