OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Bibby sucks now
I'll take him over anybody they have now.
Basically, no way he's worse than the pgs they have now. He brings experience at the very least.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Bibby sucks now
I'll take him over anybody they have now.
Basically, no way he's worse than the pgs they have now. He brings experience at the very least.

Read on Twitter that even though Dwight might be celebrating Perkinds being gone, it shows that Orlando is not even one of the worries of Boston this season
laugh.gif
Sometimes it's not the trades you make that matter, but the ones you don't make.

That can be both good and bad. Good, like when the Lakers decided they didn't need an upgrade at the point at least year's trade deadline and went on to win the title with Derek Fisher and Jordan Farmar at the controls. Or bad, like when Cleveland decided that parting with J.J. Hickson wasn't worth it to get Amare Stoudemire, and ended up not winning the championship and not having a team after LeBron James left.

This season, two trends stuck out at the trade deadline. Foremost was the unwillingness of contenders to make a deal. Sure, they'll troll the buyout market this week for leftovers, but it was stunning to see six of the league's seven best teams stand pat. While Boston was moving and shaking, the rest were unwilling or unable to do much.

Miami and L.A. were painted into a corner with virtually no tradeable assets. Orlando already made its big splash and had no bullets left to acquire an impactful backup center. San Antonio felt little pressure to make a move, considering it's running away and hiding from the rest of the league at 49-10. And Dallas was unwilling to part with Rodrigue Beaubois as a condition of upgrading its small forward spot, or making any other deal, for that matter -- we knew this was probably going to be a quiet trade deadline for Dallas when word leaked that Caron Butler's expiring contract was all they would put on the table for Devin Harris.

But the most interesting non-mover was the Bulls. Chicago desperately searched for a shooting guard upgrade who could space the floor better for its 17th-ranked offense, kicking the tires on Houston's Courtney Lee and Memphis' O.J. Mayo. We'll get to Mayo in a minute, but the Bulls' most interesting decision was their unwillingness to include defensive stalwart Omer Asik in a deal for Lee.

I believe that was the correct move -- the Bulls will have better opportunities this summer to upgrade at the 2-guard. As good as they've looked this season, I have to think sacrificing a brilliantly promising future for a slightly better present wasn't a great trade-off for them, especially since the tandem of Asik and Taj Gibson off the bench has been a vastly underrated factor in the Bulls' defensive brilliance this season.

If the Bulls were the most interesting non-trading team, Mayo was definitely the most interesting non-traded player. The apparent story is that a deal to send Mayo to Indiana for Josh McRoberts and a first-round pick broke down because the Pacers had to put another contract in the deal and Memphis wouldn't take it, so the Pacers set up a side deal to send Brandon Rush's expiring contract to New Orleans, who had a trade exception.

However, the league office turned its nose up at the Hornets taking on money in the deal -- you can thank Mark Cuban for that, perhaps -- and the sides ran out of time. Amazingly, neither Indiana nor Memphis stepped up to offer New Orleans cash to offset the relative pittance owed on Rush's contract the rest of the year and complete the deal. Welcome to the world of small-market trades.

(Side note: It appears this wasn't the only technicality, as the trade as reported also wasn't cap-legal. Indy would have had to put another player in the deal, most likely Solomon Jones, and Memphis would have had to cut Rodney Carney and one other player to accommodate the deal.)

Getting back to the Bulls, it's come out that Chicago offered Ronnie Brewer and three draft picks for Mayo. Rumors were that Memphis' Chicago-based owner, Michael Heisley, didn't want to deal with the Bulls, but I also think it wasn't a great deal for Memphis.

It was the best offer Chicago could have made under the circumstances, so we can't blame this on another round of Reinsdorfian dithering, but Memphis was right to turn it down. "Three draft picks" sounds like a great haul, but the pick quality was poor

Read on Twitter that even though Dwight might be celebrating Perkinds being gone, it shows that Orlando is not even one of the worries of Boston this season
laugh.gif
Sometimes it's not the trades you make that matter, but the ones you don't make.

That can be both good and bad. Good, like when the Lakers decided they didn't need an upgrade at the point at least year's trade deadline and went on to win the title with Derek Fisher and Jordan Farmar at the controls. Or bad, like when Cleveland decided that parting with J.J. Hickson wasn't worth it to get Amare Stoudemire, and ended up not winning the championship and not having a team after LeBron James left.

This season, two trends stuck out at the trade deadline. Foremost was the unwillingness of contenders to make a deal. Sure, they'll troll the buyout market this week for leftovers, but it was stunning to see six of the league's seven best teams stand pat. While Boston was moving and shaking, the rest were unwilling or unable to do much.

Miami and L.A. were painted into a corner with virtually no tradeable assets. Orlando already made its big splash and had no bullets left to acquire an impactful backup center. San Antonio felt little pressure to make a move, considering it's running away and hiding from the rest of the league at 49-10. And Dallas was unwilling to part with Rodrigue Beaubois as a condition of upgrading its small forward spot, or making any other deal, for that matter -- we knew this was probably going to be a quiet trade deadline for Dallas when word leaked that Caron Butler's expiring contract was all they would put on the table for Devin Harris.

But the most interesting non-mover was the Bulls. Chicago desperately searched for a shooting guard upgrade who could space the floor better for its 17th-ranked offense, kicking the tires on Houston's Courtney Lee and Memphis' O.J. Mayo. We'll get to Mayo in a minute, but the Bulls' most interesting decision was their unwillingness to include defensive stalwart Omer Asik in a deal for Lee.

I believe that was the correct move -- the Bulls will have better opportunities this summer to upgrade at the 2-guard. As good as they've looked this season, I have to think sacrificing a brilliantly promising future for a slightly better present wasn't a great trade-off for them, especially since the tandem of Asik and Taj Gibson off the bench has been a vastly underrated factor in the Bulls' defensive brilliance this season.

If the Bulls were the most interesting non-trading team, Mayo was definitely the most interesting non-traded player. The apparent story is that a deal to send Mayo to Indiana for Josh McRoberts and a first-round pick broke down because the Pacers had to put another contract in the deal and Memphis wouldn't take it, so the Pacers set up a side deal to send Brandon Rush's expiring contract to New Orleans, who had a trade exception.

However, the league office turned its nose up at the Hornets taking on money in the deal -- you can thank Mark Cuban for that, perhaps -- and the sides ran out of time. Amazingly, neither Indiana nor Memphis stepped up to offer New Orleans cash to offset the relative pittance owed on Rush's contract the rest of the year and complete the deal. Welcome to the world of small-market trades.

(Side note: It appears this wasn't the only technicality, as the trade as reported also wasn't cap-legal. Indy would have had to put another player in the deal, most likely Solomon Jones, and Memphis would have had to cut Rodney Carney and one other player to accommodate the deal.)

Getting back to the Bulls, it's come out that Chicago offered Ronnie Brewer and three draft picks for Mayo. Rumors were that Memphis' Chicago-based owner, Michael Heisley, didn't want to deal with the Bulls, but I also think it wasn't a great deal for Memphis.

It was the best offer Chicago could have made under the circumstances, so we can't blame this on another round of Reinsdorfian dithering, but Memphis was right to turn it down. "Three draft picks" sounds like a great haul, but the pick quality was poor

Maybe Bibby can also help on defense since it's become a trend for opposing good pgs to excel against the Heat. I still see Bibby as better than what they have now and at the very least he can somewhat create his own shot.

I think Bibby obviously has that confidence Chalmers and Arroyopoyo lack.

Isn't LMA hurt again?
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
I think Portland may need to start over. I can't see him as a franchise player.

Maybe Bibby can also help on defense since it's become a trend for opposing good pgs to excel against the Heat. I still see Bibby as better than what they have now and at the very least he can somewhat create his own shot.

I think Bibby obviously has that confidence Chalmers and Arroyopoyo lack.

Isn't LMA hurt again?
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
I think Portland may need to start over. I can't see him as a franchise player.

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

Aldridge is a franchise player now?

I think he benefits from Roy going down, giving him the ball at every turn, as well as him playing a TON of minutes, led him to putting up some damn good numbers.  The guy has been playing incredible the last 2-3 months. 

Now that Roy has come back a little, I'm watching to see if LMA's numbers go back down a tick.  One of those fine lines between players co-existing and what not. 

I think he benefits from Roy going down, giving him the ball at every turn, as well as him playing a TON of minutes, led him to putting up some damn good numbers.  The guy has been playing incredible the last 2-3 months. 

Now that Roy has come back a little, I'm watching to see if LMA's numbers go back down a tick.  One of those fine lines between players co-existing and what not. 

Bibby is an upgrade as a shooter over Chalmers other than that, meh.

I'm sure they want Murphy, too..but it sure seems like Ainge knew he had him in the bag when he dumped Semih for nothing. But nothing ever can be put past Riley.

Bibby is an upgrade as a shooter over Chalmers other than that, meh.

I'm sure they want Murphy, too..but it sure seems like Ainge knew he had him in the bag when he dumped Semih for nothing. But nothing ever can be put past Riley.

Atlanta hasn't exactly ran much of an offense over the years, so Bibby's numbers had to suffer. He doesn't turn the ball over when he does have it, though.

Of course.  An average PF who is suspect on defense and rebounding suddenly finding his game once the focal point of the offense goes down is a building block towards a championship contender.

Of course.  An average PF who is suspect on defense and rebounding suddenly finding his game once the focal point of the offense goes down is a building block towards a championship contender.

Atlanta hasn't exactly ran much of an offense over the years, so Bibby's numbers had to suffer. He doesn't turn the ball over when he does have it, though.

From WojYahoo...

Bibby gave up his ENTIRE 6.2 million dollar salary for the 11-12 season to get his buyout...

eek.gif

eek.gif

eek.gif

Some dudes in Team Dime are salty about now....

From WojYahoo...

Bibby gave up his ENTIRE 6.2 million dollar salary for the 11-12 season to get his buyout...

eek.gif

eek.gif

eek.gif

Some dudes in Team Dime are salty about now....

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

Is it just me or does it seem like the Celtics got a 18 man roster
laugh.gif
how they always in the mix for every damn free agent

they traded some players to Cleveland at the deadline, you could see the writing on the wall.

And Jimmer to the Jazz has to be a 100% lock right?
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom