Official 2010 ECF series thread: Orlando magic vs. Boston Celtics (BOS leads 3-2)Not so fast BOS

Originally Posted by Banks2Pierce

I see a lot of times people saying "aww man we came out flat" or "aww man what's wrong with lebron?", but I think it's pretty safe to say now that the Celtics Defense is at the heart of the matter.
Yep. I think people forgot how good this D was 2 years ago. That D, for the most part, has returned at just the right time.

I do still miss having Posey out there and feel Ainge made a huge mistake not bringing him back.

Originally Posted by finnns2003

I see a lot of times people saying "aww man we came out flat" or "aww man what's wrong with lebron?", but I think it's pretty safe to say now that the Celtics Defense is at the heart of the matter.
Yep. I think people forgot how good this D was 2 years ago. That D, for the most part, has returned at just the right time.

I do still miss having Posey out there and feel Ainge made a huge mistake not bringing him back.
No, not at all. Trust me, being in New Orleans, I've seen plenty of his play the last two years. He's done.
However, I really feel like the Celtics pulled the a fast one on the league, maybe not on purpose, but just in that they didn't kill themselves for seeding and instead just focused on getting healthy, something that's obviously coming through. Also, gotta be happy w/ Sheed's play in the playoffs.

^ sneaky celtics. just when some thought (including myself), they're gonna be fishing early.
ohwell.gif

game 2 will be crucial IMO.. if orlando losses that i have a feeling Boston will take over the series

^
C's already have homecourt now, so things are already in their favor

if Orlando loses game 2, they lose the series period

rondo has developed so much the past few years. pretty crazy how much his game has grown. he still need to work on his j though

Allow me to re-introduce this thread back to page 1. Game 2 is tonight and as an avid magic fan, along with a few others on this site, it is safe to say we are all disappointed in game 1's results. Celts did what they had to do which is snatch one on the road. Magic's backs are against the wall, So they can not afford to go down 0-2 and heading up to beantown. Hopefully magic show up tonight and not wait until the 4th quarter like they did in game 1.
GO MAGIC!!!!!!!!!! 
pimp.gif

It is pathetic how Shaq's corpse has a better post up game. When Howard gets the ball he usually faces up and either drives or drives and spins back and throws up some brick looking shot. Those are all his offensive moves.

I don't think he even tries to back down the other player that much. He should have a good jump hook with that leaping ability.

Damn where my fellow magic fans at???? 
laugh.gif
 i guess the thread won't get busy till game time, but it'll still be nice to see what other magic fans think

Have to think that Orlando will knock down some of those open looks they were missing in Game 1. I agree with Jeff Van Gundy that their comeback in Game 1 was fool's gold, Celtics take game 2 in a much closer, more competitive game.

I'm here.

Even with the Celtic's poor home record, the Magic shouldn't expect to win the series if they go down 0-2, not how well the Celtics are playing right now.

If the Magic were getting open looks and missing, then that's ok and you hope those shots fall tonight, but the Celtics D was great and nearly every shot the first 3 quarters was contested or a struggle. If Orlando's shooters want a chance to have good looks, Jameer is going to have to be more effective with the drive and dish, and Dwight is going to have to put up 20 shots and demand a double team.

Vince showed up and carried the team when no one could score, but Barnes being healthy and effective is crucial, I'd hope to see Pietrus guarding Pierce if he heats up early again. And Rashard... he's done well in the playoffs but he HAS to step up offensively and be a factor.

People are too quick to count out the Magic after one awful game and are already writing them off, I think they're too good to get embarrassed like that again. Magic by 7, I wouldn't be surprised if Boston takes the lead going into the 4th or it's a close game until the end.

Originally Posted by EDWeeNO

�but it'll still be nice to see what other magic fans think
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Clowns. These are the worst types of fans, dudes who never played a lick of basketball in their lives. Stick to World of Warcraft fellas.

And
roll.gif
at sweeping the last two rounds.

Originally Posted by finnns2003

Originally Posted by EDWeeNO

�but it'll still be nice to see what other magic fans think
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Clowns. These are the worst types of fans, dudes who never played a lick of basketball in their lives. Stick to World of Warcraft fellas.

And
roll.gif
at sweeping the last two rounds.

I agree that THOSE 2 fans are clowns, but i'm pretty sure they bandwagon jump-ons. dudes seem as if they can't lace up a pair of b-ball kicks. I agree that we cruised thru the first 2 rounds but come on now 
eyes.gif
 can you really blame us for who we played???? we never said it was gonna be an easy series against a veteran squad, especially a team that just won a title 2 years ago. You bostonians can gloat about all the titles you have, but us in orlando only have 1 professional franchise. We'd be happy with one compared to your celts 17, hell thats not even including the sox, pats, and maybe even bruins 
laugh.gif

Yea, there are clowns for every fan base (I honestly think 60% of fans at Celtics games have no clue what they are talking about), but just thought those 2 guys were comedy.

Did read that people were harassing Shuttlesworth's mom. That ain't cool. Even got annoyed with the C's fans that did it to Joumana Kidd(if this actually happened or not is another story...)

Magic win game 2, take the series in 6.

I'd be more than surprised if they shoot as horrible as Game 1 this game, take into account with all that great "Celtic D" they still let 2 15+ leads slip with a Magic team that only made a couple of 3-pointers (3, I believe.)

I give up with posting during games. Yuku ALWAYS delays responses or servers are down during big games. The lack of action from website management and ownership is disgusting. The experience here is equally disgusting.

Back
Top Bottom