Official 2010 ECF series thread: Orlando magic vs. Boston Celtics (BOS leads 3-2)Not so fast BOS

Originally Posted by sooperhooper

Originally Posted by CasperJr

smh.gif
I do NOT want him anywhere near my favorite team when he becomes a free agent. Magic need to step it up.
he has a bad game and dudes lose they damn mind and go waay to far
and this is why that statement was so dumb

indifferent.gif
 you're actin like Dwight single handedly brought the magic back
laugh.gif

no matter what you say its a dumb statement you and your team will be %$** with out him and thats a fact you dont lose the DPOY and be a good team after it

celtics finally played a team that doesn't give up... nice to see them hold off to win the game. wake up call....

the celtics play at 100% on almost every possesion

I hate them but I have to respect that

howard missed 7 shots and had 7 turnovers...thats 14 wasted possessions

not to mention the missed Fts

Rashard Lewis' ghost out there today
laugh.gif

Be careful what NT's Laker fans wish for. They were rooting for the Celtics to beat the Cavs because they're threatened by Lebron getting a ring instead of Kobe. Now we'll see if Orlando can handle the real Pierce. Only person that can shut Pierce down is Lebron, but now he should be able control this series.

Damn the C's aint playin around..

I am praying for a Lakers/C's Finals matchup.. revenge on the Suns for kickin' ours and Kobes !%! 1st, then the C's for kickin' our !%! in the Finals
devil.gif
devil.gif
, especially in that final game
sick.gif

This series is far from over though, game was pretty sloppy but made for an exciting finish. I think this one will go 7, C's takin it

This is going to be a long series, but if ORL is going to have any chance, their superstar HAS to play way better than he did today. He was rattled out there and it showed. If he does not have a significant impact on offense while facing single coverage, the Magic will continue to struggle. Only way I see they can get their offense going is that if he dominates and forces a double team which will open up shots on the perimeter. Everything today was 1 on 1 play for the most part. But I don't think the Celtics care if he does go off really, the lifeblood of the Magic are those 3s, they've lived by them to this point. We will see if they die by them in this series.

Dwight got exposed like he always does whenever they play the Celtics. This game should have been won by double digits. Orlando might when the next game at home, but they're losing this series.

Orlando played 3 awful quarters, then finally stepped up towards the end. Unfortunately the Celtics are a championship team and have the ability to fend off that last push. Majority of the credit to Boston's defense, but Orlando just couldn't get it going even when they had open shots. They're a better shooting team than this, I can't imagine this repeats itself in game 2. Thankfully Boston has played poorly at home so losing home court advantage isn't as crucial as it could have been.

Refs were weak for both teams, but they didn't completely dictate the game like they could.. I'm all for letting them play physical and ignore the ticky tack fouls, but when the foul is obvious (Dwight getting slapped across the arms when going up for a dunk), you have to make the call.

Barnes needs to get healthy and step up next game, JJ filled in for the spark plug role but Pietrus/Barnes needs to step up. For Boston, they need Sheed to show up again and play physical and frustrate Dwight, so he can't take the next game off and play lazy like he can.

Orlando can not expect to make a comeback like that again, they got rocked from the tip and never recovered, they're a much better team than they showed.. people are just overreacting as they usually do. Looking forward to game 2.

They'll need Rashard if there going to beat us, and he normally plays well so can't count on performances like this.

Originally Posted by Jonnny25

Be careful what NT's Laker fans wish for. They were rooting for the Celtics to beat the Cavs because they're threatened by Lebron getting a ring instead of Kobe. Now we see if Orlando can handle the real Pierce. Only person that can shut Pierce down is Lebron, but now he should be able control this series.
Honestly I'm more worried about Rondo as a Laker fan.. dude already gets to wherever he wants on the court against some of the best defenders in the league, I can only imagine on Fish
sick.gif

I think RonRon could do a decent job on Pierce,  I already see Kobe playin that mad disrespectful, 5 feet of space D on Rondo IF infact these teams do make it to the finals. The Magic are a tough team though, we'll see how they bounce back after their first loss in about a month and a half.

Dwight can't pivot dunk over 6'10 Perkins and 6'11' Sheed, like he did over 6'8 and Al Horford, and 6'9' Zaza Pachulia...
laugh.gif

smh.gif
I do NOT want him anywhere near my favorite team when he becomes a free agent. Magic need to step it up.
he has a bad game and dudes lose they damn mind and go waay to far
and this is why that statement was so dumb

indifferent.gif
 you're actin like Dwight single handedly brought the magic back
laugh.gif

no matter what you say its a dumb statement you and your team will be %$** with out him and thats a fact you dont lose the DPOY and be a good team after it

Apparently there's a misunderstanding. My team is the Lakers, not the Magic. Peep the avy. 

5. Who wins the series?
Hollinger: Orlando. The Magic are 27-3 with a +14.0 scoring marginin their past 30 games, have home-court advantage, won three of thefour regular-season meetings, and beat Boston last year with Rafer Alston in place of Jameer Nelson. They have the best players, more depth and more rest. There's simply no plausible reason to bet against them.

Originally Posted by Dade B0Y

Dwight can't pivot dunk over 6'10 Perkins and 6'11' Sheed, like he did over 6'8 and Al Horford, and 6'9' Zaza Pachulia...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Orlando played a horrible game except for the 4th quarter and only lost by 4. Rashard Lewis and Dwight need to step up. Great game from Vince and Jameer Nelson. I still think Orlando is going to win this series

Originally Posted by Drizzyd

Be careful what NT's Laker fans wish for. They were rooting for the Celtics to beat the Cavs because they're threatened by Lebron getting a ring instead of Kobe. Now we see if Orlando can handle the real Pierce. Only person that can shut Pierce down is Lebron, but now he should be able control this series.
Honestly I'm more worried about Rondo as a Laker fan.. dude already gets to wherever he wants on the court against some of the best defenders in the league, I can only imagine on Fish
sick.gif

I think RonRon could do a decent job on Pierce,  I already see Kobe playin that mad disrespectful, 5 feet of space D on Rondo IF infact these teams do make it to the finals. The Magic are a tough team though, we'll see how they bounce back after their first loss in about a month and a half.
That didn't work in 2008. Rondo isn't Russel Westbrook.

Originally Posted by purpleRElGN

5. Who wins the series?
Hollinger: Orlando. The Magic are 27-3 with a +14.0 scoring marginin their past 30 games, have home-court advantage, won three of thefour regular-season meetings, and beat Boston last year with Rafer Alston in place of Jameer Nelson. They have the best players, more depth and more rest. There's simply no plausible reason to bet against them.

?

You are aware they have to win 4 games in order to advance right?  Not defending the "experts" but come on, they lose one game and suddenly the Celtics are a lock to advance?  He didn't even say they're going to sweep Boston, I don't think anyone would have expected that.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Originally Posted by purpleRElGN

5. Who wins the series?
?

You are aware they have to win 4 games in order to advance right?  Not defending the "experts" but come on, they lose one game and suddenly the Celtics are a lock to advance?  He didn't even say they're going to sweep Boston, I don't think anyone would have expected that.

did i say boston was a lock?

quoted it mainly for that last sentence, hollinger acting like teams dont have a chance cause of meaningless stats.

Originally Posted by Dade B0Y

Originally Posted by Drizzyd

sick.gif

That didn't work in 2008. Rondo isn't Russel Westbrook.

It worked for the most part in 2008 except for Game 2 where he had 16 assists, (He only averaged 9 points and 6 assists in the Finals). Rondo's a much more confident player now though and that won't work. Pierce, Ray and the big guys were the ones that killed us. We also won't have Vlad Rad starting for us
sick.gif
sick.gif
But this is all speculation, should the C's and Lakeshow meet again, it's a long way to go. 

Well I hope everyone knows majority of experts are morons so I don't even consider what they say
laugh.gif

I still say Orlando is better overall, but the Celtics are still a great team. First quarter of game 2 is going to be huge, I don't expect Orlando to come out flat two games in a row, but we'll see.

rondo actually got outplayed this game.... rondo has a hard time against orlando. with nelson being so fast and howard blocking, he's not going to be able to do as much. we're gonna need big 3 to really step up this series.

Originally Posted by iNiNe5

rondo actually got outplayed this game.... rondo has a hard time against orlando. with nelson being so fast and howard blocking, he's not going to be able to do as much. we're gonna need big 3 to really step up this series.
Rondo and KG had bad games offensively. I was half expecting a bad Rondo game because of Dwight, but KG got good looks that he missed. Magic missed some close shots. Dwight should've gotten 3 or 4 and-1's, but he got mentally and physically flustered by the Celtics, imo. 

Big win.

Originally Posted by The Fresh Sole

they need to quit feeding dwight
just let him play d and get boards

Yup, we started struggling when he forces the issue. A lot of his attempts were uncalled for. 

Back
Top Bottom