Official 2010 ECF series thread: Orlando magic vs. Boston Celtics (BOS leads 3-2)Not so fast BOS

Pierce shot poorly in the second half.

Dwight did a great job getting those offensive rebounds. VC and Rashard really need to contribute more. 

Originally Posted by JD617

Props to Orlando, and props to Dwight for shutting up a lot of these clowns who act like he sucks.
Yep.  People pretend like he's Ben Wallace after a few bad games and saying the Magic are bums, short term memories people have.

Magic finally played with pride and stepped up.  If Vince Carter didn't do his best Casper impression this game would have been put away earlier. 

Play for each game and that's what Orlando did tonight.  Here's hoping they bring the same intensity next game and don't just roll over again.

So like, if Dwight Howard had any semblance of polish to his offensive post game, he could have had 45 points in that game EASY. Imagine Dwight Howard's physique with Pau Gasol's skillset
sick.gif
sick.gif

Magic will take game 5 in Orlando

Now what happens in game 6 in Boston might be a different story. But if they can somehow survive that game, a game 7 in Orlando would be crazy!

Not gonna get arrogant nor stupid, but i think orlando can come up with 2 more wins to send this series to a game 7. Boston got a bit too cocky and so did paul pierce with his silly !%% twitter posting. 

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

So like, if Dwight Howard had any semblance of polish to his offensive post game, he could have had 45 points in that game EASY. Imagine Dwight Howard's physique with Pau Gasol's skillset
sick.gif
sick.gif

greatest 5 to ever play the game. period.

Glen davis be doing some ayoo stuff after making a basket. Its coo to get hyped but damn!

N magic in 7!! Just calling it out how I see it.

Glen davis be doing some ayoo stuff after making a basket. Its coo to get hyped but damn!

N magic in 7!! Just calling it out how I see it.

This is the first time that I was able to watch the whole game and post. Great effort by both teams, but am happy we got the win. We really put ourselves in the worst possible position by losing the first 3, but we just have to it one game at a time now and take care of business at home.

Originally Posted by BangDak

Neer feeling it.

wheres everyone at who said that they needed to trade nelson for a pure point?
why do people make knee-jerk judgments like this? if they had a pure point they wouldn't be down 3-0.

Nelson is hitting "garbage time" clutch shots in a series that is over.. he's still an inefficient and limited player.

Originally Posted by MyJaysGetRocked

This is the first time that I was able to watch the whole game and post. Great effort by both teams, but am happy we got the win. We really put ourselves in the worst possible position by losing the first 3, but we just have to it one game at a time now and take care of business at home.

I feel you man. Its also been hard for me to watch games then post, but I'm just happy that orlando extended their season. We are too good of a team to go out on a sweep. 

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

sick.gif
sick.gif

yea imagine that plus him having Ray Allens 3point shot and Kobes clutchness.  That would be great.

Originally Posted by JUS3

KG didn't want it in the end.  The Magic did a good job containing Rondo.  Vince Carter is a bum.  These dudes won despite him.

JJ Redick was ballin out there.  Yeah he turned it over and missed some shots, but dude was hustling out there.  Jameer with the back to back 3's was killer.  D12 getting shots up before they foul his @%!
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Still some hope for the Magic.
No there isn't. Look at the % of NBA teams who have comeback from a 3-0 deficit. Winning today = pushing back an inevitable death.
The Magic are done.

mrtramericanjr Wrote:
"out of all the teams down 3-0 this magic team can and do have a decent chance at coming back"

I disagree. The celtics are TOO BIG. Think about this man, its basically [Rondo, Allen and Pierce] vs [Nelson, Redick, Carter], kind of sad when you think about it. Reminds of of the 08 Lakers against the Celtics. Its a big mismatch in size and toughness at basically every position (size wise) except at Center. Plus the refs, and apparently the time keepers are all going for the Celtics.

But I would love to see Magic pull off an upset, I hate the damn Celtics.

after this game, i've concluded that JJ Redick has very little basketball IQ.

1. the stupid stunt he pulled in game 2 by running with the ball.
2. tonight, it was a tight game and he was on a 2 on 2 fast break with dwight howard. p2 was guarding howard and he had a chance to get it into the post but didn't.

laugh.gif
So two examples outweigh the countless smart plays he executes regularly? Yeah he goofed when he took off with the ball, and tonight I wouldn't crucify him for looking to his coach and getting a timeout. Everyone would have been at his throat if he threw an ill-advised lob to Dwight or tried to take PP off the dribble.

JJ constantly looks for Dwight when he has the ball, and he gets him the ball quicker and better than any other Magic player. He was able to stick with Ray Allen better than most of the Magic players. JJ is one of the smarter players on the Magic, he's just limited by his size and speed.

I now believe that the pressure is all on boston. Nonetheless glad to see the magic are gonna play back at home.

laugh.gif
at people thinking the Magic 'could' win this series. This was simply a needed humbling for the C's, and absolute poor shooting by Pierce and KG.

I feel like it's going 7 now with Boston winning it. Although, I wouldn't be surprised if Orlando pulls it out.

Originally Posted by finnns2003

laugh.gif
at people thinking the Magic 'could' win this series. This was simply a needed humbling for the C's, and absolute poor shooting by Pierce and KG.

Why can't they win it??? it just takes 1 game to boost confidence within a team hell better yet an organization. Sure the odds are stacked up against the magic and with boston's illustrious history all signs point to orlando not having a chance, but if steps are taken to take care of 1 game at a time then all likelihood shows that there still is faith. Like SVG stated, some team at some point will come back from an 0-3 deficit. Why not orlando???? Like i mentioned before i am by no means stating that orlando will win this series but IF it goes to a game 7 then all bets are off my friend.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Originally Posted by JD617

Props to Orlando, and props to Dwight for shutting up a lot of these clowns who act like he sucks.
Yep.  People pretend like he's Ben Wallace after a few bad games and saying the Magic are bums, short term memories people have.

Magic finally played with pride and stepped up.  If Vince Carter didn't do his best Casper impression this game would have been put away earlier. 

Play for each game and that's what Orlando did tonight.  Here's hoping they bring the same intensity next game and don't just roll over again.

The thing that pisses me off is the commentators don't give him enough credit. Acting like he didn't score 30 in Game 2. 

Back
Top Bottom