Official 2010 ECF series thread: Orlando magic vs. Boston Celtics (BOS leads 3-2)Not so fast BOS

Originally Posted by finnns2003

laugh.gif
at people thinking the Magic 'could' win this series. This was simply a needed humbling for the C's, and absolute poor shooting by Pierce and KG.

boston is still 99.9% likely to win the series but by extending it at the very worst the celtics have to make a trip back to orlando that they probably didn't think they were going to need to make. extending the series allows for anything to happen in a game that shouldn't have been played to begin with.  a player could get hurt in a game that they should have never played to begin with.

i think this game was a wake up call for boston and a good one to have before the finals but if orlando wins on wednesday you can make an argument that they'll have somewhat of a legit chance to come back in the series.

Originally Posted by EDWeeNO

laugh.gif
at people thinking the Magic 'could' win this series. This was simply a needed humbling for the C's, and absolute poor shooting by Pierce and KG.

Why can't they win it??? it just takes 1 game to boost confidence within a team hell better yet an organization. Sure the odds are stacked up against the magic and with boston's illustrious history all signs point to orlando not having a chance, but if steps are taken to take care of 1 game at a time then all likelihood shows that there still is faith. Like SVG stated, some team at some point will come back from an 0-3 deficit. Why not orlando???? Like i mentioned before i am by no means stating that orlando will win this series but IF it goes to a game 7 then all bets are off my friend.
Won't get to that point. NO team in NBA history has come back from 3-0 man. I don't think you understand the intangibles. That means the team down 0-3 would have to win 4 straight games.

Not going to happen. If the tables were turned, and the C's were down 3-1, I'd say the C's were delaying the inevitable.

when a team is down 3-0 all likely hood they will lose in fact they have all lost

when a team is down 3-1 they have not always lost..... its possible

takes one game at a time, orlando is due to win a game by a good amount of points, hopefully they come out firing, on wed.

i just wanted to see a competitive series

smh.gif
3 paragraph post swallowed by yuku.

Basically said props to Nelson and Dwight. SMH @ the banked 3.

Our old guys fall apart if it gets to OT. Except Ray. He's bionic.

Won't get to that point. NO team in NBA history has come back from 3-0 man. I don't think you understand the intangibles. That means the team down 0-3 would have to win 4 straight games.

Not going to happen. If the tables were turned, and the C's were down 3-1, I'd say the C's were delaying the inevitable.

a team is eventually going to come back from down 0-3. it won't be this year but it's bound to happen,  hell it happened to another boston team in a different sport just a week ago.  i would like orlando's chances alot more then i do right now if boston didn't look as good as they did in winning 2 games on orlandos home court. thats what makes me think boston could go in orlando and close this out on wednesday.   orlando does have 2 of the next 3 at home though, like i said before if they win on wednesday, at the very least they have a legit chance to win the series. if it goes to a game 6, the pressure would be on boston especially since you know their going to read comparisons to the boston bruins if they let the magic get back in this series.

Yeah I know what happened to the Bruins. I even think Boston loses Thursday, possibly in a blowout. But game 6 in Boston is definitely the game to close it out. No way we lose game 6 at home.

Originally Posted by tmoney85

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

So like, if Dwight Howard had any semblance of polish to his offensive post game, he could have had 45 points in that game EASY. Imagine Dwight Howard's physique with Pau Gasol's skillset
sick.gif
sick.gif

yea imagine that plus him having Ray Allens 3point shot and Kobes clutchness.  That would be great.
create your own character?
laugh.gif

Yeah I know what happened to the Bruins. I even think Boston loses Thursday, possibly in a blowout. But game 6 in Boston is definitely the game to close it out. No way we lose game 6 at home.

roll.gif
celtics end up losing this series would be epic fail.

Originally Posted by hymen man

lol If the C's blow the series... man oh man.

orlando has to win game 5 first, but i think alot of celtic fans would start thinking about the bruins series and if orlando looked strong in game 5, you know the newspapers would unnecessarily get into panic mode and make articles with comparisions between games 5 and 6.

either way despite the sloppy play at times, i actually enjoyed watching this game and liked the effort orlando gave. i said they before the game, they could just pack it in and go out like some softees or go out fighting and it looks like their going to go that route so props to them.

game 5 should be a good one on wednesday

sorry, until Orlando wins game 5 they dont even have a chance. if they do that and somehow steal game 6, well then u never know.

I highly doubt Boston lets this go past 6

I definitely give Dwight credit for last night, he played aggressive and made a big contribution on the offensive end. With that being said, I'm still going to stand by my comment of him becoming a bigger Ben Wallace when he has to go against solid defensive big men and he can't just overpower them. I still believe he needs to improve because he shouldn't struggle the way he does when it comes to certain situations.

once again the slow-motion offense kills us..... standing around until 10 seconds left on the shot clock. they just never learn.

Sorry Magic fans, Celtics have the second best road record in the NBA. They are going to back to Orlando just so they can make a pit stop in Disney.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by Brandon3000

"I want you to hit me!" - D.Howard

LMAO
Like my man Chuck says, it is easy for him to say that KNOWING KG won't hit him. Why even act like you are going to do something out there man. Dudes fake so hard man.

that statement is conflicting as heck...

this is what KG has done his whole career trying to punk people knowing that they'll do nothing back.

dwight isn't jose calderon

Originally Posted by StrongMind3

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by Brandon3000

"I want you to hit me!" - D.Howard

LMAO
Like my man Chuck says, it is easy for him to say that KNOWING KG won't hit him. Why even act like you are going to do something out there man. Dudes fake so hard man.

that statement is conflicting as heck...

this is what KG has done his whole career trying to punk people knowing that they'll do nothing back.

dwight isn't jose calderon
And Dwight isn't Chris Childs either. He wasn't going to do #%@@.

Originally Posted by al3x89

after this game, i've concluded that JJ Redick has very little basketball IQ.

1. the stupid stunt he pulled in game 2 by running with the ball.
2. tonight, it was a tight game and he was on a 2 on 2 fast break with dwight howard. p2 was guarding howard and he had a chance to get it into the post but didn't.
Oh shut up

Cats really saying Orlando got a shot at taking this?
laugh.gif

Yeah they have a shot....a snowball's shot in hell.

I mean, I'm just glad they got one and made it a wee-bit tougher on those middle-aged Celtics.
Just keep even with the Suns and Lakers and I'll be a happy dude.

Back
Top Bottom