:: Official 2010 NBA Free Agency Thread ::

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

The idea of starting from scratch (sort of) intrigues LeBron a lot in New York if you ask me.

Regardless of where he goes, he's a guaranteed 50 wins in the regular season and strong conference contender. He might have to wait a year (depending on who else signs with NY) then they'll be a bona fide title contender.

And with lard !%! coming off the books next summer, possibilities are out there for next summer.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Cake, I love watchin the guy.  Make no mistake.  But his people run rampant thru this country.  They lose their damn mind every time he hits a 20 footer.  They been in my ear for years now about how great he is, who he's better then, etc etc etc.  And yet, he can't win.  And they come with excuse after excuse after excuse.  For that, I find it hard to root for the guy. 

I have no illusions that he is Harold Miner or anything like that, but I DEMAND titles to prove your greatness.  We're not talking about Jordan Farmar's legacy or anything, I know plenty of scrubs win titles, but when we want to talk about the elite of the elite, the greatest of the great, then you have to EARN that, not have it bestowed upon you.  Bron fans don't seem to have figured that out. 

So trust me, I am not basing anything off 3 games.  No, far from it.  I'm basing off 7 NBA years of waiting and after 3 years of hearing about "this chosen one from Ohio" before that.  Frankly, I'm tired of waiting.  I realize full well he could drop 50 like it was nothing tonight.  Or he could go away for the summer, no handshakes and all.  It could go either way.  And then we'll see what he's really all about. 

CP, you know you're good money with me its just that your statement was timely with what I was talking about. I'm not one to make excuses for someone but in all fairness he's more than lived up the labels and hype bestowed upon him as a sophmore in high school/coming into the league. As far as titles go, in the last 30 years only 8 out of the 30 teams in the league have won a title so thats not fair to say he's not the elite of thee elite if he doesn't win one. Barkley, Malone, Stockton, Reggie, Pat, Gervin, Dominique are they not the elite of the elite in terms of the sport???  It took Jeffrey 7 to win his first, hell it took Hakeem 10 to win his first and he's the only one to do with without another bonified star beside him.  It takes a very good team to win it all as evident by last years ECF, this man averaged 40, 8, and 8 for 6 games and they loss because his crew is weak not because he's not ELITE. To me thats not a fair assessment.

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Cake, I love watchin the guy.  Make no mistake.  But his people run rampant thru this country.  They lose their damn mind every time he hits a 20 footer.  They been in my ear for years now about how great he is, who he's better then, etc etc etc.  And yet, he can't win.  And they come with excuse after excuse after excuse.  For that, I find it hard to root for the guy. 

I have no illusions that he is Harold Miner or anything like that, but I DEMAND titles to prove your greatness.  We're not talking about Jordan Farmar's legacy or anything, I know plenty of scrubs win titles, but when we want to talk about the elite of the elite, the greatest of the great, then you have to EARN that, not have it bestowed upon you.  Bron fans don't seem to have figured that out. 

So trust me, I am not basing anything off 3 games.  No, far from it.  I'm basing off 7 NBA years of waiting and after 3 years of hearing about "this chosen one from Ohio" before that.  Frankly, I'm tired of waiting.  I realize full well he could drop 50 like it was nothing tonight.  Or he could go away for the summer, no handshakes and all.  It could go either way.  And then we'll see what he's really all about. 

CP, you know you're good money with me its just that your statement was timely with what I was talking about. I'm not one to make excuses for someone but in all fairness he's more than lived up the labels and hype bestowed upon him as a sophmore in high school/coming into the league. As far as titles go, in the last 30 years only 8 out of the 30 teams in the league have won a title so thats not fair to say he's not the elite of thee elite if he doesn't win one. Barkley, Malone, Stockton, Reggie, Pat, Gervin, Dominique are they not the elite of the elite in terms of the sport???  It took Jeffrey 7 to win his first, hell it took Hakeem 10 to win his first and he's the only one to do with without another bonified star beside him.  It takes a very good team to win it all as evident by last years ECF, this man averaged 40, 8, and 8 for 6 games and they loss because his crew is weak not because he's not ELITE. To me thats not a fair assessment.
However, this "weak" team of his has boatraced the NBA two years running in the regular season......

If you look up 60 win teams in back to back years NOT making the finals, it will be a short list. 

Fair or not fair, blame HAS to be put on the star and leader of the team.  Kobe HAD 3 titles, and people still doubted this man because he hadn't won one on his own.  That's how fickle sports fans are.  I realize it may not be fair to Bron.  His nintendo playoff numbers are staggering, but his legacy is defined by titles.  I know full well, Dan Marino is my all time fav athlete.  And it KILLS me that he can't be invited to the party when we talk QB.  And all it would have taken is one. 
tired.gif

There are a select few athlete that HAVE to have a title to belong.  Bron is one of those guys.  Carlos Boozer doesn't HAVE to have a title.  OJ Mayo doesn't HAVE to have a title.  Bron does.  And to be the man on a team that won the regular season crown 2 years in a row and fail miserably in the playoffs (provided they die this week) I'm sorry, but some of the blame must fall on him.  And with his Free Agency looming, it's magnified even more. 

DubA169 wrote:
Seymore CAKE wrote:
  To be considered a Legend as soon as his playing days were over he would need a couple regardless of where he was playing.  So everything in that later post was MALARKEY, Straight NYC fanboy talk.

his legacy will be fine if he just wins 1. his long term money ventures would be intact too. The media IS new york. i promise you that's the narrative they will paint.

lets say he wins 3 in NYC then his body falls apart and he's done. The push for "greatest ever" will be there. they will say he played next to nobody for 7 years under a terrible coach mike brown. no second option. his "real" career started when he got legit pieces around him. Sane people will think it's dumb because Mike was obviously better. but that's just how it is with the media. people have short memories

they will start pounding it into your head that he's the greatest just like they do now already.

the media thig is overstated. have you watched TV the last 2 days. he's getting killed. In CLE there are plenty of people straight up saying he THREW THE GAME
laugh.gif

That's what they'll paint, and just like you said people with actual sense will see right through it...  If he gets legit pieces around him no matter where he's at, more-so Cleveland because he will have endured all the hardship, they will say his real career started then, same thing with happened to Jeffrey.

Yea I saw that hogwash media always has their heads in orifice's designed to expel waste.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Im Not You

Originally Posted by JPZx

I mean, Lewis is 6'10" though. So it's not THAT much of a liability because even though he doesn't have the build to body PFs, he has the height (not that he guards EVERY PF they play anyway). Wilson Chandler doesn't have either.
How tall you think Gallinari is homie? 

Did I say Gallinari? Nope. Someone mentioned earlier that you could move Wilson Chandler to the PF spot and have Lebron play SF which wouldn't work. Chandler is 6'8" and doesn't even have a stocky body that someone who is 6'8" would need top play PF.Besides, if you play Gallinari at the PF spot you would need a big bruising and/or dominant center, which the Knicks don't possess.

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Cp,

give me a list of teams that would be better than the Knicks with LeBron and Bosh..

LA and Orlando...who else?

OKC (they should just continue to get better)

Miami (should be as good if they get someone to pair with Wade-have more cap space to work with this and next year)

Chicago (depending on who they get as well)

They still wouldn't be the favorite in their own conference...at least CLE is that until the playoffs start. I'm sorry, but Bron+Bosh+Gallo+Chandler doesn't scare anyone. 

It'll be more easy to say once the pieces start falling into actual place and people move.

Boston
Utah
Denver
Dallas

So a potential lineup of
Douglas-Bron-Chandler-Gallo-Bosh

Would be the 9th best team in the league?

with hopefully a healthy TMac-Sergio-Walker-Barron

and whatever we do with a $11.2M expiring contract? (Thats a lot of options)

9th best in the league?

Can someone tell me who is the best player on the Cavs beside Lebron?

CP1708 wrote:
However, this "weak" team of his has boatraced the NBA two years running in the regular season......

If you look up 60 win teams in back to back years NOT making the finals, it will be a short list. 

Fair or not fair, blame HAS to be put on the star and leader of the team.  Kobe HAD 3 titles, and people still doubted this man because he hadn't won one on his own.  That's how fickle sports fans are.  I realize it may not be fair to Bron.  His nintendo playoff numbers are staggering, but his legacy is defined by titles.  I know full well, Dan Marino is my all time fav athlete.  And it KILLS me that he can't be invited to the party when we talk QB.  And all it would have taken is one. 
tired.gif

There are a select few athlete that HAVE to have a title to belong.  Bron is one of those guys.  Carlos Boozer doesn't HAVE to have a title.  OJ Mayo doesn't HAVE to have a title.  Bron does.  And to be the man on a team that won the regular season crown 2 years in a row and fail miserably in the playoffs (provided they die this week) I'm sorry, but some of the blame must fall on him.  And with his Free Agency looming, it's magnified even more.  

I was going to say Marino because he is the best to ever do it with Peyton on his heels imo but I didn't because I wanted to stay w/in the sport
laugh.gif

In all fairness you can't compare Kobe to Bron because he's always had a crew, minus two years in which they didn't make the playoffs and lost in the first round thats why he got doubted. He pushed to be the man like he could do it without the help and when those unfavorable results came back of course the doubt came with it.  It took for him to be surrounded by a damn good cast of player and another Star in Pau Gasol, and you can't discredit Pau because  he anchored a squad by himself and with Hubie Brown coaching  he took a memphis squad to damn near 60 wins and the playoffs so he's a star. Lebron has never had that type of talent around him. Jamison is the most talented player he's ever played with EVER. So Bean's situation is vastly different and unequivical to Bron's imo

The blame has to be put on the Coach imo because honestly, besides this current series, if he hasn't been the best player in the playoffs for the past few years then I don't know who has.  You can't ask for more than what he does from one player, and his ppg is only down because of his last 2 games...

[table][tr][td]
Career Playoff Averages
[/td][td]
stats_header_lft.gif
[/td][/tr][/table][table][tr][td]Year[/td][td]Team[/td][td]G[/td][td]GS[/td][td]MPG[/td][td]FG%[/td][td]3P%[/td][td]FT%[/td][td]OFF[/td][td]DEF[/td][td]RPG[/td][td]APG[/td][td]SPG[/td][td]BPG[/td][td]TO[/td][td]PF[/td][td]PPG[/td][/tr][tr][td]05-06[/td][td]CLE[/td][td]13[/td][td]13[/td][td]46.5[/td][td]0.476[/td][td]0.333[/td][td]0.737[/td][td]1.7[/td][td]6.4[/td][td]8.1[/td][td]5.8[/td][td]1.4[/td][td]0.7[/td][td]5.00[/td][td]3.38[/td][td]30.8[/td][/tr][tr][td]06-07[/td][td]CLE[/td][td]20[/td][td]20[/td][td]44.6[/td][td]0.416[/td][td]0.280[/td][td]0.755[/td][td]1.3[/td][td]6.8[/td][td]8.0[/td][td]8.0[/td][td]1.7[/td][td]0.5[/td][td]3.30[/td][td]2.00[/td][td]25.0[/td][/tr][tr][td]07-08[/td][td]CLE[/td][td]13[/td][td]13[/td][td]42.5[/td][td]0.411[/td][td]0.257[/td][td]0.731[/td][td]1.2[/td][td]6.6[/td][td]7.8[/td][td]7.6[/td][td]1.8[/td][td]1.3[/td][td]4.15[/td][td]2.54[/td][td]28.2[/td][/tr][tr][td]08-09[/td][td]CLE[/td][td]14[/td][td]14[/td][td]41.4[/td][td]0.510[/td][td]0.333[/td][td]0.749[/td][td]1.4[/td][td]7.8[/td][td]9.1[/td][td]7.3[/td][td]1.6[/td][td]0.9[/td][td]2.71[/td][td]2.14[/td][td]35.3[/td][/tr][tr][td]09-10[/td][td]CLE[/td][td]10[/td][td]10[/td][td]41.4[/td][td]0.516[/td][td]0.391[/td][td]0.731[/td][td]1.2[/td][td]7.1[/td][td]8.3[/td][td]7.4[/td][td]1.6[/td][td]1.9[/td][td]3.30[/td][td]2.10[/td][td]29.3[/td][/tr][/table]

You can't look at this and tell me that he's not doing what he's supposed to be doing as the superstar... He's bringing it night in and night out, you can't punish him for the incompetance and cowardice of others.

Originally Posted by Twig1026

Really curious to see what Joe Johnson & Amare do. Hope Jay-z & The Illuminati can persuade Lebron to sign with the Nets
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Really curious to see what Joe Johnson & Amare do. Hope Jay-z & The Illuminati can persuade Lebron to sign with the Nets
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Really curious to see what Joe Johnson & Amare do. Hope Jay-z & The Illuminati can persuade Lebron to sign with the Nets Knicks
laugh.gif
wink.gif

LOL at people putting Utah, OKC, Miami, or any of those teams above a Knicks team that would have both Bosh and Bron.

Cmon now - superstar league, and with TWO - they would be the cream of the crop.

I'm just curious who these minimum contract guys are that they'd have to sign to fill out the roster. We're not talking about Varejao types, we are talking about Shelden Williams and Sean May types...those guys are going to be gruesome.

And I'm thinking the Nets as a basketball situation isn't all that bad. Especially if they land the #1. I was thinking about a Devin Harris and Dooling swap for an unguaranteed contract like Damp, which would give them the ability to sign 2 max guys. They'd need a guarantee for 2 great players before they did that, but they could basically do it with Lebron and Bosh in the office. All unlikely, though because of their location for the next 2 years. And it'd be funny to see Cuban trade for Devin. I think they could trade Devin to a team under the cap as well if the team they are trading with was expecting no one to look their way in FA.

We forget he's 25.

I've read on here that tonight is 'legacy defining' and that is just crazy talk. He needs to win titles, and I think he will. Less than 3 would be a failure.

And Gallinari, Chandler and Toney Douglas are 'absolute trash' while using a name like Mario Chalmers in a positive light? I don't see that.

We all have different opinions but my expectations would be if LeBron and Bosh DID come to NY, I'd expect to be in the ECF in year 1. I wouldn't kill them if they weren't, but that would be my expectation.

Originally Posted by WstCoastGotti

LOL at people putting Utah, OKC, Miami, or any of those teams above a Knicks team that would have both Bosh and Bron.

Cmon now - superstar league, and with TWO - they would be the cream of the crop.

Um,  Last time I checked  Dwyane Wade is one of the biggest superstars in this league. Not to mention, a former champion and Finals MVP. And I'd say Miami has a pretty good shot at getting Amare or Bosh themselves.

New York isn't the only team with cap flexiblity.

the Nets almost had the worst record in history. people overrate the living hell out of them.

God forbis LeBron have a bad game...At the end of the day, LeBrion can't be at 5 different places on the court at the same time.  His team suck and so does his coach.  Boston has 4 of the 5 best players in this series, they should win. You need two stars in this league to it done period.

We forget he's 25.

I've read on here that tonight is 'legacy defining' and that is just crazy talk. He needs to win titles, and I think he will. Less than 3 would be a failure.

And Gallinari, Chandler and Toney Douglas are 'absolute trash' while using a name like Mario Chalmers in a positive light? I don't see that.

We all have different opinions but my expectations would be if LeBron and Bosh DID come to NY, I'd expect to be in the ECF in year 1. I wouldn't kill them if they weren't, but that would be my expectation.

Mario Chalmers comes off the bench for Miami. Toney Douglas would be relied apon as the Knicks starter. There's the difference.

Miami has another 9-10 million to work with after signing Two maxes(one of those being Wade), to help sign capable point guard  -- Say a Raymond Felton, and or a Center.

New York doesn't.

I get that.. but if that trio is trash, what in the world are Beasley, Cook and Chalmers?

Eddy Curry's deal is up in a year, it's not like there gona be stuck with their hands tied for very long.

Allen, what's your realistic outlook for the offseason? Just curious as to how you think it's going to go down.

Originally Posted by Dade B0Y

Cp,

give me a list of teams that would be better than the Knicks with LeBron and Bosh..

LA and Orlando...who else?
Miami with D.Wade, Amare, and possibly Joe Johsnon(should Riley decide to trade or dump Beasley for nothing more than pure capspace) would most certainly be better in my opinion.
roll.gif

so miami going to win playing 3 on 5 bball?

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

God forbis LeBron have a bad game...At the end of the day, LeBrion can't be at 5 different places on the court at the same time.  His team suck and so does his coach.  Boston has 4 of the 5 best players in this series, they should win. You need two stars in this league to it done period.
BULL @#$%.  These people been stompin around thru NT ALL YEAR LONG, this team is different, this year diff, power moves, we got Shaq, we got Jamison, Hickson Hickson Hickson, best bench in the league, MVP MVP MVP we the @#$%, we're the @#$%, we beat the elite teams now too, last year we didn't. 

ALL YEAR LONG they claimed this crap.

Now they on the brink, and it's oh well, Lebron can't do it all by himself.  He's done all he can do.  @#$% that.  They were good enough to win over 120 games in two seasons, they CRUISE thru the lesser playoff teams like the Bulls, the Hawks, the Pistons last year.  Once they hit a decent team, they fall apart?  And that's not Bron's fault, at all?  

Now he could go to the Knicks, and it'll all be different?  THEN he'll get a team to the promised land? 
eyes.gif
  Yeah, ok, sure he will. 

So, this reaches 13 pages before the Conference Finals even start?
roll.gif

If Cleveland loses tonight, I expect this thread to be up to 35 pages.

LeBron's responsible for Game 5, no way around it.

What isn't his fault CP is the continued incompetence of Mike Brown on the offensive end. Which has been why, as much as I think the Cavs are better than most on here give them credit for, I never thought they'd win a title this year. Again I just didn't think Boston would knock them out or come close to doing so.

Mike Brown has a Ferrari and barely pushes it over the speed limit.

If he did go to the Knicks, there are no guarantees...but he would at least have his offensive capabilities maxed out. As a basketball fan, I feel Mike Brown has robbed us.

It'd be like giving Don Nelson a 30 year old, in LA prime- Shaq and not playing in the half court. Know what I mean?

proshares,

I don't know. LeBron and Bosh is my dream. I can't be realistic and nobody can cause LeBron is the only one who knows. I don't think Walsh would scramble and panic if he didn't come, though.

I get that.. but if that trio is trash, what in the world are Beasley, Cook and Chalmers?

Eddy Curry's deal is up in a year, it's not like there gona be stuck with their hands tied for very long.
grin.gif
 C'mon dude. Beasley hasn't lived up to his no.2 overall expectations yet, and has had a tough time adjusting in Miami's system: But let's not act he's not a more attractive asset than anything on the Knicks Roster as prensently contructed (Yes he is better than Gallinari). The other guys (Cook, Chalmers) I agree aren't much of anything.

Fair point on Curry deal coming off the books, though. 

CP THOSE WERE CAVS FANS

do you know how many regular NT people were laughing about the cavs" POWER MOVES"? yes you do, because there were plenty. Just because the media has been stuffing the cavs down your throat doesn't mean they were supposed to win.

how can you not understand that he needs a real #2? yes he can do that in new york if Bosh comes. How the hell would that laker team do without Pau? how would that laker team of yours do with mike brown instead of a top 3 coach of all time?

who is the 2nd best player on the cavs? who is his go to guy?

Back
Top Bottom