:: Official 2010 NBA Free Agency Thread ::

I personally think Wade/Bron to Chicago would not be a great move. Bosh/Amare and a shooter like Allen or Johnson would have that team and Rose/Noah/Deng excel.

I see Wade and Boozer in Miami
On the fence about Bron staying or going
Dirk staying
Bosh to Chicago
Gay to the Clippers
Johnson/Amare to Knicks if they strike out on the major FA's

My outlook will more than likely change as the days go by. It'll be interesting to say the least and interesting to see which fans remain, which fans leave and which fans migrate...

how about the brooklyn(?) nets?
ohwell.gif
they also must have target players.

Originally Posted by Im Not You

Originally Posted by cmoneymontana

Joe Johnson back to Phoenix...hopefully.

James in the biggest surprise in NBA history, ends up in Oklahoma City.

1. That didn't end on good terms. And even if they lost Amare...maxing JJ makes no sense at all for them.
2. Delusions of grandeur. KD hasn't re-upped yet. Lebron James would mean that they couldn't re-up KD with the max.

Amare is not going anywhere.*crosses fingers*

If JJ and Lebron ever want to get over the hump, and play for a ring every year, they will have to except a deal that allows that team to surround them with more talent.

A max deal just means they get more money, and are gone out of the playoffs is the second round every year.

I'm stumped where Boozer could go.

The Jazz can't afford him with their money issues.
He wants to go to the Heat but he's their third option behind Amare and Bosh.
He's probably the third or fourth option for the Bulls.
Can't see the Clippers, T'Wolves, Kings or Wizards either.
That leaves the Knicks or Nets?

I have a feeling in the end Boozer may take a discounted contract with the Heat and they also try to get Johnson/Allen as a shooter.

can players collude about this? i'm sure some superstars are good friends after playing for team USA and they would want to play with each other in the NBA too
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by hellomarco

yao is injured almost every year. what team would gamble on him?
laugh.gif
I think a lot of teams would take that risk....you can look at a guy like Big Z who had a ton of injury problems early in his career, but later maintained his health.  You add Yao to your roster, and your attendance will skyrocket.  No joke.
Yao won't be going anywhere. Basketball-wise, there is a risk of re-signing Yao long term, but since it's a business, the Rockets will do it. Yao is a cash cow internationally and it will only make the Rockets even more popular.

The Rockets don't really sell-out their homes games though...    

Cam'ron*It's bout to be a hot summer*Cam'ron

I'm not making any predictions or statement...Just hoping.

madison-square-garden.jpg

If you Build it, They will Come

I wish i would have made first page. oh well.

and I actually wouldnt mind boozer, but hes so injury prone.

Originally Posted by hellomarco

can players collude about this? i'm sure some superstars are good friends after playing for team USA and they would want to play with each other in the NBA too
laugh.gif
Elton Brand and Baron Davis?

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

**Also...for CP or anyone else...where do you guys think a good spot would be for Dirk if he left Dallas? 

NY

lebron is not goin to NY, cut that %$+% out
smh.gif
smh.gif
you guys are as bad as ESPN with that
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

i see NY missin on out everyone and givin boozer wild $$$
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

DoubleJs07 wrote:

**Also...for CP or anyone else...where do you guys think a good spot would be for Dirk if he left Dallas?  

Perfect world?  Orlando.  D12 would make Dirk's life, and vice versa, incredibly better.  Add in a PG who can handle things, yeah. 

But, since that isn't likely, Houston.  Yao, decent PG, wing defender/slasher in Ariza, close to home, solid roster, money to use if they wish.  I would put this as most likely.

Phoenix to go play with Nash again could be an option, but if Amare leaves, it would be pointless.  Dirk needs to have a center to do the heavy lifting, while also giving that center some spacing with his ability to stretch a floor. 

I would LOVE to see him and Jeff Green swap places, I think that would be real nice.  But, that would alter some of the movement they've made with a young nucleus and all that.  

Me personally, I don't see him as a fit with a Wade, or Bron, or a Joe Johnson.  Solid PG, and solid big is where I think Dirk would fit in best. 

Miami Heat
Restricted: None
Unrestricted: Joel Anthony, Carlos Arroyo, Mario Chalmers (T), Yakhouba Diawara, Udonis Haslem, Jermaine O'Neal, Jamaal Magloire, Quentin Richardson, Dwyane Wade (P), Dorell Wright

Talk about throwing out the trash, going to have an entirely new roster next year.

Originally Posted by air max 87

lebron is not goin to NY, cut that %$+% out
smh.gif
smh.gif
you guys are as bad as ESPN with that
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

i see NY missin on out everyone and givin boozer wild $$$
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

either boozer,yao, or JJ...i honestly dont see them getting lbj,wade,stat or bosh

Robin Lopez can't do some heavy lifting after a year playing consistently? And I doubt Dallas is doing any deal with Orlando after the Bass/Gortat situation last offseason
laugh.gif

ROBIN Lopez and Dirk as your frontline make you feel sexy? 

Thought not. 

MAYBE, I could see Dirk make it in Chi with Noah and Rose.  That could be real nice, if they add another piece along with. 

If I'm goin with an aging Dirk, I want a bruiser out there.  Dallas may even swing it if they move the Damp contract NT's Dirk has talked about.  Maybe they get a big man, I just think a change of scenery is in order for that team.  Another year of Kidd and Jet? 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  That ship has sailed already. 

Why couldn't okc sign bron then give kd the max? With kd been there own FA they could do it and go over the cap

and everyones calling for the knicks to fail this summer but I think it will be the heat.

I'm just saying, he's not a slouch down there in the post. Not the refined offensive game of his brother but he can rebound and play solid defense.

That Dampier contract is the most non-talked about asset and maybe the biggest one of the offseason. It'd be weird to see Dirk in Chicago red
laugh.gif

I'm hoping they strike out so I don't have to see Kneesh post anymore.

One other thing, I think San Antonio blows it up. 

They can't seriously think that after yet another year they will have a shot.  At some point, they have to move what they can, and re-start. 

They signed Manu (mistake imo) and can't move Duncan, I like Hill, and Blair is fine, so they need to move R Jeff, Parker if they can, Dyess, and the rest of their scrubs.  Let Manu and Duncan compete and work with the new blood they bring in, but they can not try and win with this roster again imo.  And i think they will re-shape this roster.  Gut feeling. 

Back
Top Bottom