Official 2010 NFL Combine ... $$$$$

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

He has no football instincts and no ball skills.

laugh.gif

The hate on NT is strong.

Didn't know the NFL was all about passing.  While Mays cover skills are subpar.  He does play the run well, he also tackles well.  Those are football skills and instincts.

The Golden Tate TD grab someone posted awhile back is a perfect example of why it was frustrating to watch T. Mays in coverage.  He was around the ball, he knew the ball was coming.  He didn't hit Tate early, but he waited until Tate had the ball in order to lay the big hit.  If Mays stops trying to go for the bone jarring hit everytime, he might become a decent safety.  In that play if he would've picked his head up and used his athleticism to swat the ball away then he wouldn't have been burned.  Swatting the ball doesn't get you in the Top 10 plays, but it does prevent a TD and it prevents you from looking foolish.

He has a nose for the football even in pass coverage.  It's once the ball gets to the receiver that his fundamentals are +%%*+! up.

If he lands on a team with solid defensive coaching, I think he will be a stud.  I don't feel he was utilized correctly at USC.  If he goes to the Raiders, then Game Over (not in a good way either
laugh.gif
).

I'm not a fan of Joe Haden *shrugs*.  I wouldn't care, but everyone has him pegged to be a 9er
ohwell.gif

Sorry BN, I don't like your two first round mock picks
laugh.gif

I think he got Tim Tebow'ed at USC.  However the learning curve is still there at the Safety position.  As I mentioned earlier, he has the instincts, he has fundamental flaws in his game.

Constantly going for the hit instead of the ball is fundamental.

roll.gif

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

Originally Posted by BostonThreeParty

So what's the deal with a possible Tebow to Foxboro Situation?

and possibility of that going down?

but i still think if these 5 guys are there NE should swoop them up

1. Dez Bryant (Lack of consistent 3rd WR)
2. Derrick Morgan (Obvious Pass Rush help)
3. Jerry Hughes (Pass Rush Again)
4. Sergio Kindle (only if they cut Adalius Thomas)
5. Toby Gerhart/CJ Spiller(Maroney is too inconsistent in games)
Did I miss something? You have no chance at Dez, Morgan, Kindle, and Spiller...
thats why i said if, Morgan would be great in The NE system. 
getting Kindle 1st round and then Hughes or Gerhart 2nd round will feel like a successful day. 

`

Okay, I understand they start on movement to negate reaction time discrepancies. However, it opens a new can of worms in distorting 40 times. Anyone who has a big difference between their official and unofficial times probably runs midway between the two when u account for the slight twitch they make at startup. I am sure all the official times follow their methodology but its not giving a clear picture of who runs faster.

Originally Posted by theone2401

Okay, I understand they start on movement to negate reaction time discrepancies. However, it opens a new can of worms in distorting 40 times. Anyone who has a big difference between their official and unofficial times probably runs midway between the two when u account for the slight twitch they make at startup. I am sure all the official times follow their methodology but its not giving a clear picture of who runs faster.

Word is most scouts put T Mays at 4.34 with their hand times... Im guessing that most of them dont really give a !+%* about the official time and will just stick with the consensus hand times that they come up with

It's a shame Mays was *%£$ at the drills though despite his 40 and other measurables.

Myron w/ an official 4.59 40, 4.15 short shuttle, a 10'4 broad jump, and a 36" vertical.

I can live w/ that
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by dreClark

Myron w/ an official 4.59 40, 4.15 short shuttle, a 10'4 broad jump, and a 36" vertical.

I can live w/ that
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

and I'd take Myron Rolle on my team 10x outta 10 over Mays....

I think you said it best (a few months back) when talking about Mays.  He's the first guy you want off the bus when going to an opposing stadium.  The dude is intimidating...a genetic/athletic FREAK.  However, I'd much rather have a guy on my squad who runs a 4.7 but knows how to play the position.  It just baffles me as to how a guy so athletically gifted like Mays is just not in that playmaker mold.  Just watching him try to get in and out of his breaks was sad to see.  He's gotten by thus far on his athleticism....but in the NFL, if that's all you got, you'll be severely limited in your production. 

I mean just look at the struggles of Laron Landry...he was a much better safety than Mays in college and wowed the scouts at the combine....however, he's been exposed for a lack of technique amongst other things when trying to cover TE's & WR's.  I just think that Mays is gonna have a much harder transition to the pros than a guy like Landry who is struggling mightly.  That being said, I'm sure there is going to be that one GM who becomes infatuated with Mays' size and combine #'s and will reach to draft him in the top 10-15.  I think he's fools gold and will be nothing more than a special teams "ace" like Bobby Carpenter. 

Mays just isn't a true football player.. Just a meathead with measurables.. I think the guy has like 1 INT in his last two seasons at USC.. that just shows me he lacks the instincts that make the true safeties great safeties (i.e. an Eric Berry)

Why would u take rolle over mays? Rolle is worst then mays. Everything we knock bum mays for rolle was 10 times worse at fsu

Word. I dunno if DoubleJs kept up with Myron but he is just as bad as Mays, scratch that, prolly worse.

God I hope Mays does work bc the way you guys drag his name around is crazy. Word to Aaron Rodgers when he came outta college.

Originally Posted by dreClark

Shut up.
laugh.gif

I'd have to give the slight edge to Myron as far as succeeding in the L goes though strictly off of his mental capabilities/maturity...

Even though Mays' collage career warrents all the negative talk he gets, I'm pulling for the kid and hope he has an amazing NFL career (be it a longshot).

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Why would u take rolle over mays? Rolle is worst then mays. Everything we knock bum mays for rolle was 10 times worse at fsu

I just think that between the two, Rolle has the potential to become a better NFL player....if he's committed to football, I dunno if you'd find a rookie who would throw himself into the playbook and work on his technique more than Rolle.

I'd have to give the slight edge to Myron as far as succeeding in the L goes though strictly off of his mental capabilities

If a team signs that player they would have to give a 2nd round pick to the player's former team.

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

can someone inform me on the meaning second round tender?
Using Rocky McIntosh as an example...

The ******** put that tender on him, there's a $$$ figure attached to that tender... An incremental increase over whatever his base last year was... If nobody offers Rocky a contract, the Skins have him next year at that tender value... If somebody offers him a contract, the Skins have two options... 1) They have seven days to match that contract and bring him back or 2) They let him walk in exchange for a 2nd round pick in April's draft...

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

I just think that between the two, Rolle has the potential to become a better NFL player....if he's committed to football, I dunno if you'd find a rookie who would throw himself into the playbook and work on his technique more than Rolle.

I'd have to give the slight edge to Myron as far as succeeding in the L goes though strictly off of his mental capabilities

I know Mays is not a Rhodes Scholar, but damn now he's a dumbski too
eek.gif

I'm sure whatever team drafts Taylor will work on his technique, and I'm sure he will "throw himself into the playbook" as well.

'd have to give the slight edge to Myron as far as succeeding in the L goes though strictly off of his mental capabilities/maturity...

I haven't heard many negative things about Mays mental capabilities or maturity.

Yes, we all know that Rolle is a Rhode's Scholar, yada yada yada!

We'll see in a couple of years who is right.  The dudes in NFL War Rooms or the armchair QB's on NT.

laugh.gif
Myron over Mays
laugh.gif

At least Mays will injure someone once in a while. It might be his own teammate though.

Back
Top Bottom