Official 2010 NY Jets Season Thread 11-5 : this one hurts ............

couple more wallpapers

42s148.jpg

bk, i got em from a jet forum

"Cannot begin to express how much I hate the Steelers and the fans, they seem so douchey...lets go Jets ya digg"

The fan base that shows up at opposing games better than any other team? That sells out every game since 72? The one where any where you go in the world you see a Steeler shirt? That has a 'Steeler bar' in every city?

Seems like a fan base a lot like the Jets actually, full of passion. Also like Philly minus the violence

Oh and I still remember the Dennis Byrd incident, guy was a beast in Tecmo Super Bowl, cool to see him involved

"Cannot begin to express how much I hate the Steelers and the fans, they seem so douchey...lets go Jets ya digg"

The fan base that shows up at opposing games better than any other team? That sells out every game since 72? The one where any where you go in the world you see a Steeler shirt? That has a 'Steeler bar' in every city?

Seems like a fan base a lot like the Jets actually, full of passion. Also like Philly minus the violence

Oh and I still remember the Dennis Byrd incident, guy was a beast in Tecmo Super Bowl, cool to see him involved

steeler fans are some of the most loyal fans out there. nothing douchey bout em imo. got respect for them ....

steeler fans are some of the most loyal fans out there. nothing douchey bout em imo. got respect for them ....

this guy
30t6p3b.gif

Tom Jackson Claims He Picked Against Jets in Win Over Patriots to Motivate New York Defense

ESPN NFL analyst Tom Jackson knew he had the Jets' attention on Sunday morning. Knowing that, Jackson figured he'd try his hand at motivating them before their biggest game of the season.
Jackson, who is one of the analysts ESPN uses for its weekly preview show, NFL Countdown, went on ESPN Radio's Mike and Mike in the Morning on Monday, and explained that his pick of a Patriots' win was actually an attempt to motivate the Jets -- especially their defense.

"I played a bit of a psychological game with the Jets," Jackson explained. "I thought it was important that they have in their minds that they got beat 45-3 [their last time in New England] and that a large segment of the population thinks that could happen to you again."

So, Jackson, along with former Jets receiver Keyshawn Johnson, took it upon themselves to pick the Patriots to romp over the Jets.

"I wanted to further fuel them in a little of a cement -- cement them in that bunker mentality of 'us against the world,'" Jackson added.

The Jets -- particularly linebacker Bart Scott -- got the message loud and clear. Scott, who had two tackles in Sunday's win, was one of the most vocal Jets in the aftermath of New York's stunner. In fact, he even took a chance to use a postgame, on-field interview with ESPN's Sal Paolantonio to state that Jackson's criticism fueled the Jets.

Jackson also replied to that on Monday morning.

"And so, I accept Bart's comments for what they were, but I hope that he understands that I actually am a fan of the Jets, and Rex Ryan, and that defense," he said. "I think that they were well served by the fact that, yes they were angry and they got a little angrier, and I think it served them well on the field."

so now we should thank him for motivating us ?

alg_scott.jpg

this guy
30t6p3b.gif

Tom Jackson Claims He Picked Against Jets in Win Over Patriots to Motivate New York Defense

ESPN NFL analyst Tom Jackson knew he had the Jets' attention on Sunday morning. Knowing that, Jackson figured he'd try his hand at motivating them before their biggest game of the season.
Jackson, who is one of the analysts ESPN uses for its weekly preview show, NFL Countdown, went on ESPN Radio's Mike and Mike in the Morning on Monday, and explained that his pick of a Patriots' win was actually an attempt to motivate the Jets -- especially their defense.

"I played a bit of a psychological game with the Jets," Jackson explained. "I thought it was important that they have in their minds that they got beat 45-3 [their last time in New England] and that a large segment of the population thinks that could happen to you again."

So, Jackson, along with former Jets receiver Keyshawn Johnson, took it upon themselves to pick the Patriots to romp over the Jets.

"I wanted to further fuel them in a little of a cement -- cement them in that bunker mentality of 'us against the world,'" Jackson added.

The Jets -- particularly linebacker Bart Scott -- got the message loud and clear. Scott, who had two tackles in Sunday's win, was one of the most vocal Jets in the aftermath of New York's stunner. In fact, he even took a chance to use a postgame, on-field interview with ESPN's Sal Paolantonio to state that Jackson's criticism fueled the Jets.

Jackson also replied to that on Monday morning.

"And so, I accept Bart's comments for what they were, but I hope that he understands that I actually am a fan of the Jets, and Rex Ryan, and that defense," he said. "I think that they were well served by the fact that, yes they were angry and they got a little angrier, and I think it served them well on the field."

so now we should thank him for motivating us ?

alg_scott.jpg

Originally Posted by onewearz

42s148.jpg

Dope picture.

They've always been carrying around a Dennis Byrd jersey?  I know the Jets have never re-assigned #90 to anyone after his injury.

42s148.jpg

Dope picture.

They've always been carrying around a Dennis Byrd jersey?  I know the Jets have never re-assigned #90 to anyone after his injury.

Originally Posted by briannnnn

Dope picture.

He gave a pre-game speech to the team on Saturday night and presented the jersey to Rex (which, if I read correctly, happens to be the last jersey he actually has) and the team was so moved by it, that they took it out to the coin toss with them. Also, he is slotted to be an honorary captain for the coin toss against the Steelers. Rex asked the league if it was alright to happen, and they gave the okay.

Originally Posted by briannnnn

Dope picture.

He gave a pre-game speech to the team on Saturday night and presented the jersey to Rex (which, if I read correctly, happens to be the last jersey he actually has) and the team was so moved by it, that they took it out to the coin toss with them. Also, he is slotted to be an honorary captain for the coin toss against the Steelers. Rex asked the league if it was alright to happen, and they gave the okay.

Are you serious? Never met a Steeler fan outside of Penn. before 2000. Plus these are the same fans that love the Steelers but hate the Pirates. What gives???? 

Verdict: Douchey

Are you serious? Never met a Steeler fan outside of Penn. before 2000. Plus these are the same fans that love the Steelers but hate the Pirates. What gives???? 

Verdict: Douchey

Back
Top Bottom