**Official 2010 NY knicks pre-season thread** 10/6 vs T-wolves (PARIS) 2PM MSG/NBA TV

Originally Posted by Ballinsam23

honestly, just like every year, i cant wait to see this team play. very young, loads of potential, and a 6-8 seed will do. give me miami in the first round PLEASE
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Ballinsam23

honestly, just like every year, i cant wait to see this team play. very young, loads of potential, and a 6-8 seed will do. give me miami in the first round PLEASE
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
pimp.gif

Thank you David Lee for playing hard and representing what New York basketball should be about. David will always get a warm welcome at the Garden.

The roster is finally taking shape. So we have the following assuming we sign the rookies(correct me if I'm wrong)

PG - Felton, Douglas
SG - Azubuike, Walker, Rautins
SF - Chandler, Gallo, Fields
PF - Amare, Randolph
C- Turiaf, that kid we got from the Bucks. Some guy we're paying $11+ mil to sit.

I think we need some more scoring with this team, a sg who could fill it up should be our next priority.

Adding a veteran big man too would be nice for us.

The roster is finally taking shape. So we have the following assuming we sign the rookies(correct me if I'm wrong)

PG - Felton, Douglas
SG - Azubuike, Walker, Rautins
SF - Chandler, Gallo, Fields
PF - Amare, Randolph
C- Turiaf, that kid we got from the Bucks. Some guy we're paying $11+ mil to sit.

I think we need some more scoring with this team, a sg who could fill it up should be our next priority.

Adding a veteran big man too would be nice for us.

Thank you David Lee for playing hard and representing what New York basketball should be about. David will always get a warm welcome at the Garden.

Before you guys really freak out over the Felton deal, do you really think Toney Douglas can run the pick and roll and control this team for 35+ minutes a game as a starter? Toney would have been ideal with LBJ, but we don't have Lebron. Do we really want to try to sign some old vet and bank on getting Tony Parker or immediately feed into the Chris Paul pipedreams? Who we would either have to trade our young players for or pay a lot more than Felton?

Felton isn't an elite level point guard, and he's not a young stud like Rose, no one should expect that. But teams aren't just going to give up CP3 for Curry and Wilson Chandler or any kind of crap package like that, if we want a pipedream of trading for an elite PG, expect to give up Gallo, Randolph, Chandler, Curry's expiring, etc. Just because great trades work in the trade machine doesn't mean it's gonna happen.

It's higher than we want, price you pay for a shorter contract, I'll wait to judge based on how it's structured officially. I think it's a good move, the Lee trade was great and gave us a player with huge potential in Randolph, we brought in a top 3 PF in the game, Gallinari will only get better, considering how bad things COULD have gone for the Knicks this offseason, let's be realistic at what we do have. Hopefully we're done making moves and Felton hasn't ruined our cap space for the future, Curry expires, a lot of things can happen.

Before you guys really freak out over the Felton deal, do you really think Toney Douglas can run the pick and roll and control this team for 35+ minutes a game as a starter? Toney would have been ideal with LBJ, but we don't have Lebron. Do we really want to try to sign some old vet and bank on getting Tony Parker or immediately feed into the Chris Paul pipedreams? Who we would either have to trade our young players for or pay a lot more than Felton?

Felton isn't an elite level point guard, and he's not a young stud like Rose, no one should expect that. But teams aren't just going to give up CP3 for Curry and Wilson Chandler or any kind of crap package like that, if we want a pipedream of trading for an elite PG, expect to give up Gallo, Randolph, Chandler, Curry's expiring, etc. Just because great trades work in the trade machine doesn't mean it's gonna happen.

It's higher than we want, price you pay for a shorter contract, I'll wait to judge based on how it's structured officially. I think it's a good move, the Lee trade was great and gave us a player with huge potential in Randolph, we brought in a top 3 PF in the game, Gallinari will only get better, considering how bad things COULD have gone for the Knicks this offseason, let's be realistic at what we do have. Hopefully we're done making moves and Felton hasn't ruined our cap space for the future, Curry expires, a lot of things can happen.

Just read over all 11 pgs... meh... It is what it is.

Personally I'm very happy with picking up Randolph. Dude has A LOT of potential. I think Felton will be a nice addition as well (maybe not the best, especially for that price).

My only gripe is that even with the roster overhaul, this team still looks like every team we've had for the past few years. On paper the team is good enough to make the playoffs, but somehow someway the team always underachieves.

Amar'e
Gallo
Randolph
Azubuike
Felton

Curry
Turiaf
Chandler
Walker
Douglas...

Part of me wouldn't mind seeing McGrady return. If anything the Knicks should be a better shotblocking team this year.

Just read over all 11 pgs... meh... It is what it is.

Personally I'm very happy with picking up Randolph. Dude has A LOT of potential. I think Felton will be a nice addition as well (maybe not the best, especially for that price).

My only gripe is that even with the roster overhaul, this team still looks like every team we've had for the past few years. On paper the team is good enough to make the playoffs, but somehow someway the team always underachieves.

Amar'e
Gallo
Randolph
Azubuike
Felton

Curry
Turiaf
Chandler
Walker
Douglas...

Part of me wouldn't mind seeing McGrady return. If anything the Knicks should be a better shotblocking team this year.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

same thoughts. as usual.

"The fact of the matter is, Carmelo Anthony desperately wants to be here (NY)" - Stephen A. I give a LITTLE bit of credit with his 'sources' after nailing the super-friends team before anyone else.

but Melo can want to be here all he wants, basketball-wise it takes a lot to make it happen

Originally Posted by Big J 33

same thoughts. as usual.

"The fact of the matter is, Carmelo Anthony desperately wants to be here (NY)" - Stephen A. I give a LITTLE bit of credit with his 'sources' after nailing the super-friends team before anyone else.

but Melo can want to be here all he wants, basketball-wise it takes a lot to make it happen

don't look up the the attendance numbers of fans who showed up for the press conference. it will make you cry.

what a damn shame to have such a great team is such a miserable sports city

don't look up the the attendance numbers of fans who showed up for the press conference. it will make you cry.

what a damn shame to have such a great team is such a miserable sports city

If Carmelo desperately wants to be here he needs to reject the extension, tell the Nuggets he wants to be traded to the Knicks, and no matter what he's not going to be a Denver Nugget in the '11-'12 season.

He can start by having it leak out that he has rejected the deal and will take his chances with the new CBA in the FA market next summer.

If Carmelo desperately wants to be here he needs to reject the extension, tell the Nuggets he wants to be traded to the Knicks, and no matter what he's not going to be a Denver Nugget in the '11-'12 season.

He can start by having it leak out that he has rejected the deal and will take his chances with the new CBA in the FA market next summer.

Back
Top Bottom