**Official 2010 NY knicks pre-season thread** 10/6 vs T-wolves (PARIS) 2PM MSG/NBA TV

[h1]Curry's Salary Already 50% Paid[/h1]Sep 30, 2010 4:05 PM EST

Curry_Eddy_nyk.jpg
The Knicks have already paid half of Eddy Curry's 2010-2011 salary, a fact that could provide a team acquiring him significant savings and greatly boost his contract's trade value.

The Knicks are certain to offer Curry's contract in a trade for Carmelo Anthony at any time between now and the NBA's trade deadline.

If traded today, Curry would be owed a little over $7 million for the team acquiring him (with a trade kicker added in).

If Curry was traded just before that February deadline, the unpaid compensation on his contract would decline to less than $3 million and his trade kicker would decline to about $600,000. If the Knicks sent the maximum $3 million of cash to Denver in such a deal, the Nuggets would only owe Curry less than a half a million dollars.

Talk about expiring contract
http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi...salary_already_50_percent_paid/#ixzz112voNZqo

[h1]Curry's Salary Already 50% Paid[/h1]Sep 30, 2010 4:05 PM EST

Curry_Eddy_nyk.jpg
The Knicks have already paid half of Eddy Curry's 2010-2011 salary, a fact that could provide a team acquiring him significant savings and greatly boost his contract's trade value.

The Knicks are certain to offer Curry's contract in a trade for Carmelo Anthony at any time between now and the NBA's trade deadline.

If traded today, Curry would be owed a little over $7 million for the team acquiring him (with a trade kicker added in).

If Curry was traded just before that February deadline, the unpaid compensation on his contract would decline to less than $3 million and his trade kicker would decline to about $600,000. If the Knicks sent the maximum $3 million of cash to Denver in such a deal, the Nuggets would only owe Curry less than a half a million dollars.

Talk about expiring contract
http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi...salary_already_50_percent_paid/#ixzz112voNZqo

Originally Posted by SHUGES

I like a lot of you Knick dudes, I really do (no ayo).

But come on man... stop gassing yourselves with all this Melo talk until something OFFICIALLY goes down.

All this does is get your hopes up only to get crushed in the end.
laugh.gif

hence why I titled it "Oh crap this again"

Originally Posted by SHUGES

I like a lot of you Knick dudes, I really do (no ayo).

But come on man... stop gassing yourselves with all this Melo talk until something OFFICIALLY goes down.

All this does is get your hopes up only to get crushed in the end.
laugh.gif

hence why I titled it "Oh crap this again"

I wouldn't do that trade. Randolph, Gallo, Chandler & Douglas all gone? I'd rather wait. That's 3 potential starters given away for Melo.

I wouldn't do that trade. Randolph, Gallo, Chandler & Douglas all gone? I'd rather wait. That's 3 potential starters given away for Melo.

Originally Posted by viiheaven

I think Denver wants both Gallo, AR and Curry's expiring...and a pick. Only other piece I see getting us a pick is Chandler.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by viiheaven

I think Denver wants both Gallo, AR and Curry's expiring...and a pick. Only other piece I see getting us a pick is Chandler.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Ballinsam23

as much as i'd love to wait on melo till free agency....

Anthony Randolph Gallo to pacers for a first rounder

Chandler, Douglas, Bill Walker, Curry, 1st Rounder to Denver for Melo and scrub

I can only see us getting that 1st rounder for chandler or AR.
Fixed

Originally Posted by Ballinsam23

as much as i'd love to wait on melo till free agency....

Anthony Randolph Gallo to pacers for a first rounder

Chandler, Douglas, Bill Walker, Curry, 1st Rounder to Denver for Melo and scrub

I can only see us getting that 1st rounder for chandler or AR.
Fixed

a dude telling another dude that he's in his hotel with a "  
pimp.gif
  "

that's a little suspect

pause, man, pause

Spoiler [+]
laugh.gif
j/k 

a dude telling another dude that he's in his hotel with a "  
pimp.gif
  "