**Official 2010 NY knicks pre-season thread** 10/6 vs T-wolves (PARIS) 2PM MSG/NBA TV

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by YEEUPP

[h1]Curry's Salary Already 50% Paid[/h1]Sep 30, 2010 4:05 PM EST

Curry_Eddy_nyk.jpg
The Knicks have already paid half of Eddy Curry's 2010-2011 salary, a fact that could provide a team acquiring him significant savings and greatly boost his contract's trade value.

The Knicks are certain to offer Curry's contract in a trade for Carmelo Anthony at any time between now and the NBA's trade deadline.

If traded today, Curry would be owed a little over $7 million for the team acquiring him (with a trade kicker added in).

If Curry was traded just before that February deadline, the unpaid compensation on his contract would decline to less than $3 million and his trade kicker would decline to about $600,000. If the Knicks sent the maximum $3 million of cash to Denver in such a deal, the Nuggets would only owe Curry less than a half a million dollars.

Talk about expiring contract
http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi...salary_already_50_percent_paid/#ixzz112voNZqo

was just about to post this, walsh is up to something

[h1]Curry's Salary Already 50% Paid[/h1]Sep 30, 2010 4:05 PM EST

Curry_Eddy_nyk.jpg
The Knicks have already paid half of Eddy Curry's 2010-2011 salary, a fact that could provide a team acquiring him significant savings and greatly boost his contract's trade value.

The Knicks are certain to offer Curry's contract in a trade for Carmelo Anthony at any time between now and the NBA's trade deadline.

If traded today, Curry would be owed a little over $7 million for the team acquiring him (with a trade kicker added in).

If Curry was traded just before that February deadline, the unpaid compensation on his contract would decline to less than $3 million and his trade kicker would decline to about $600,000. If the Knicks sent the maximum $3 million of cash to Denver in such a deal, the Nuggets would only owe Curry less than a half a million dollars.

Talk about expiring contract
http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi...salary_already_50_percent_paid/#ixzz112voNZqo

was just about to post this, walsh is up to something

Originally Posted by Big J 33

boondocks2_riley.jpg
PAUSE
roll.gif
roll.gif

as much as i'd love to wait on melo till free agency....

Anthony Randolph to pacers for a first rounder

Chandler, Douglas, Bill Walker, Curry, 1st Rounder to Denver for Melo and scrub

I can only see us getting that 1st rounder for chandler or AR.

who would play the 2 for us? I mean i know getting melo before the season starts is exciting but lets chill for a sec. if we wait imo we can still get Melo but for ALOT less than that. IMO we cant trade 2/3 of Gallo, Chandler, AR. Unless MAYBE its Gallo/Chandler cause AR can guard the 2 if we needed him to. Swingmen of Melo/Gallo leave a gaping hole in terms of peremeter defense which will kill us when we play Miami and have to guard Wade/Lebron. You expect Gallo to keep up with DWade?
roll.gif

CAKE, y'all got Rose and Booz. Can we get our second star, too?
laugh.gif

well theyd need to have a first star before they can even talk about a second now
wink.gif

Boozer? Cmon now that was a panic move since they missed out on Bosh/Amare/Lee and they know it. Boozer was the 4th best PF FA this summer. He aint no star. And as much as CAKE will disagree, Rose aint at "star" level yet, although hes making rapid improvements dating back to the last playoffs.

But seriously what did we do so terrible that teams cant help us out? The Lakes pulled off Pau Gasol for !%%!%+$ Kwame Brown. The Celtics got KG for dirt. Trading AR for a 1st rounder shouldnt even come up in the same sentence as "helping us out" anyway. Considering AR was a lotto pick 2 years ago and is just starting to grow into his game. If he was still in college and was a senior hed be a top 5 pick easy imo.

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

What team is stupid enough to help them out???

This Can't Be Life
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
Why can't anyone help us.. We're not the Lakers.

If we can't get the Pau Gasol type trade for Melo y'all don't deserve to be helped out either.
indifferent.gif

So let me ask you how YOU deserve to get a Pau Gasol deal from Denver where the only starter you trade to get Melo is Luol !%%!%+$ Deng and his %$#+%* contract, and put together a lineup of Rose, Brewer, Melo, Boozer, Noah like all you Bulls fans keep speaking of. And we dont even deserve to get Melo in an actual fair deal which would help them out by getting young guys that can play and fill Melo's spot in guys like Ar, Gallo, Chandler and cap relief in Eddy Curry which they need cause if they are trading Melo they are obviously somewhat rebuilding and all rebuilding teams need cap relief, and now it even appears that we can get them a 1st round pick. How is that even considered "helping us out" when you want them to trade Melo for !%%!%+$ Luol Deng? Bulls fans
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Big J 33

boondocks2_riley.jpg
PAUSE
roll.gif
roll.gif

as much as i'd love to wait on melo till free agency....

Anthony Randolph to pacers for a first rounder

Chandler, Douglas, Bill Walker, Curry, 1st Rounder to Denver for Melo and scrub

I can only see us getting that 1st rounder for chandler or AR.

who would play the 2 for us? I mean i know getting melo before the season starts is exciting but lets chill for a sec. if we wait imo we can still get Melo but for ALOT less than that. IMO we cant trade 2/3 of Gallo, Chandler, AR. Unless MAYBE its Gallo/Chandler cause AR can guard the 2 if we needed him to. Swingmen of Melo/Gallo leave a gaping hole in terms of peremeter defense which will kill us when we play Miami and have to guard Wade/Lebron. You expect Gallo to keep up with DWade?
roll.gif

CAKE, y'all got Rose and Booz. Can we get our second star, too?
laugh.gif

well theyd need to have a first star before they can even talk about a second now
wink.gif

Boozer? Cmon now that was a panic move since they missed out on Bosh/Amare/Lee and they know it. Boozer was the 4th best PF FA this summer. He aint no star. And as much as CAKE will disagree, Rose aint at "star" level yet, although hes making rapid improvements dating back to the last playoffs.

But seriously what did we do so terrible that teams cant help us out? The Lakes pulled off Pau Gasol for !%%!%+$ Kwame Brown. The Celtics got KG for dirt. Trading AR for a 1st rounder shouldnt even come up in the same sentence as "helping us out" anyway. Considering AR was a lotto pick 2 years ago and is just starting to grow into his game. If he was still in college and was a senior hed be a top 5 pick easy imo.

What team is stupid enough to help them out???

This Can't Be Life
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
Why can't anyone help us.. We're not the Lakers.

If we can't get the Pau Gasol type trade for Melo y'all don't deserve to be helped out either.
indifferent.gif

So let me ask you how YOU deserve to get a Pau Gasol deal from Denver where the only starter you trade to get Melo is Luol !%%!%+$ Deng and his %$#+%* contract, and put together a lineup of Rose, Brewer, Melo, Boozer, Noah like all you Bulls fans keep speaking of. And we dont even deserve to get Melo in an actual fair deal which would help them out by getting young guys that can play and fill Melo's spot in guys like Ar, Gallo, Chandler and cap relief in Eddy Curry which they need cause if they are trading Melo they are obviously somewhat rebuilding and all rebuilding teams need cap relief, and now it even appears that we can get them a 1st round pick. How is that even considered "helping us out" when you want them to trade Melo for !%%!%+$ Luol Deng? Bulls fans
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by viiheaven

I wouldn't do that trade. Randolph, Gallo, Chandler & Douglas all gone? I'd rather wait. That's 3 potential starters given away for Melo.

THIS

If we have to get rid of Randolph or Gall I rather just wait it out a year

Originally Posted by viiheaven

I wouldn't do that trade. Randolph, Gallo, Chandler & Douglas all gone? I'd rather wait. That's 3 potential starters given away for Melo.

THIS

If we have to get rid of Randolph or Gall I rather just wait it out a year

Originally Posted by THE GR8

Because We're Us... and You All are You All.

We Deserve To Always Win & Be In The Upper Echelon. Y'ALL DON'T!

Simple. And. Plain.
You guys were nothing before MJ and you've been nothing after MJ
grin.gif

Originally Posted by THE GR8

Because We're Us... and You All are You All.

We Deserve To Always Win & Be In The Upper Echelon. Y'ALL DON'T!

Simple. And. Plain.
You guys were nothing before MJ and you've been nothing after MJ
grin.gif

Back
Top Bottom