**Official 2010 NY knicks pre-season thread** 10/6 vs T-wolves (PARIS) 2PM MSG/NBA TV

Walsh Would Choose Mullin To Become New York GM
Oct 01, 2010 9:19 PM EST

Mullin_Chris_gsw.jpg
While hiring Chris Mullin is not imminent, Donnie Walsh has revealed that the former Warriors GM would be his pick to run the Knicks.

"If I could hire anybody Chris would be the guy," Walsh told The Daily News. "That's who I want."

James Dolan may be reluctant on approving the hire of Mullin, possibly because of the potential return of Isiah Thomas, but also because of Glen Grunwald and John Gabriel.http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_a...e_mullin_to_become_new_york_gm/#ixzz11B53Pdt5

Walsh Would Choose Mullin To Become New York GM
Oct 01, 2010 9:19 PM EST

Mullin_Chris_gsw.jpg
While hiring Chris Mullin is not imminent, Donnie Walsh has revealed that the former Warriors GM would be his pick to run the Knicks.

"If I could hire anybody Chris would be the guy," Walsh told The Daily News. "That's who I want."

James Dolan may be reluctant on approving the hire of Mullin, possibly because of the potential return of Isiah Thomas, but also because of Glen Grunwald and John Gabriel.http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_a...e_mullin_to_become_new_york_gm/#ixzz11B53Pdt5

MILAN, Italy -- With Chris Mullin shooting hoops at the Piazza el Duomo amid the Italian version of an NBA fan fest, Knicks president Donnie Walsh gave the native New Yorker a ringing endorsement for future employment with the Knicks, but with a qualifier.

"I love Mullie, I want Mullie, but I don't have the job," Walsh told The Post. "It's the same as it's been. I admire Mullie, but I have no job."

It was the first time Walsh had formally acknowledged he'd like to hire Mullin -- the worst-kept secret in the NBA. According to a source, Walsh has wanted to hire Mullin and another former Pacer, Mel Daniels, for more than a year, but has not gotten ownership approval.

Knicks VP Glen Grunwald, hired by Isiah Thomas, is entrenched and Walsh had to live with James Dolan's unilateral decision in hiring Thomas as a part-time consultant in August, until the NBA blocked the move.

Mullin works for the NBA, traveling to different countries to promote the sport. He is in Milan for NBA Europe Live, as the Knicks face Armani Jeans Milano tomorrow.

Mullin was asked directly when he'll be hired by the Knicks and paused several seconds.

"I'm doing a lot for the NBA, taking trips, it's been great," Mullin said. "If the right situation comes up, I would definitely look at it. I'm not struggling with what I'm doing. I'm pretty happy. I have no time frame on that."

If Mullin ever became Knicks GM, he'd at least have familiarity with the players, with three of the Knicks' 10 new players coming from Golden State -- Anthony Randolph, Ronny Turiaf and Kelenna Azubuike.

"I like those guys," the former Warriors GM said today.

Mullin drained 3-pointers from all over the famed Duomo. Put him on the Knicks roster, and he'd be their second-best 3-point shooter after Danilo Gallinari.

According to family members, Mullin would love a crack at the Knicks, who have had him on their radar for nearly three years. Mullin is close with Walsh, who would like to see him or Allan Houston become his successor.

MILAN, Italy -- With Chris Mullin shooting hoops at the Piazza el Duomo amid the Italian version of an NBA fan fest, Knicks president Donnie Walsh gave the native New Yorker a ringing endorsement for future employment with the Knicks, but with a qualifier.

"I love Mullie, I want Mullie, but I don't have the job," Walsh told The Post. "It's the same as it's been. I admire Mullie, but I have no job."

It was the first time Walsh had formally acknowledged he'd like to hire Mullin -- the worst-kept secret in the NBA. According to a source, Walsh has wanted to hire Mullin and another former Pacer, Mel Daniels, for more than a year, but has not gotten ownership approval.

Knicks VP Glen Grunwald, hired by Isiah Thomas, is entrenched and Walsh had to live with James Dolan's unilateral decision in hiring Thomas as a part-time consultant in August, until the NBA blocked the move.

Mullin works for the NBA, traveling to different countries to promote the sport. He is in Milan for NBA Europe Live, as the Knicks face Armani Jeans Milano tomorrow.

Mullin was asked directly when he'll be hired by the Knicks and paused several seconds.

"I'm doing a lot for the NBA, taking trips, it's been great," Mullin said. "If the right situation comes up, I would definitely look at it. I'm not struggling with what I'm doing. I'm pretty happy. I have no time frame on that."

If Mullin ever became Knicks GM, he'd at least have familiarity with the players, with three of the Knicks' 10 new players coming from Golden State -- Anthony Randolph, Ronny Turiaf and Kelenna Azubuike.

"I like those guys," the former Warriors GM said today.

Mullin drained 3-pointers from all over the famed Duomo. Put him on the Knicks roster, and he'd be their second-best 3-point shooter after Danilo Gallinari.

According to family members, Mullin would love a crack at the Knicks, who have had him on their radar for nearly three years. Mullin is close with Walsh, who would like to see him or Allan Houston become his successor.

everyone is gonna play with the damn heat online. that game is ruined for me

who got nhl 11??????

everyone is gonna play with the damn heat online. that game is ruined for me

who got nhl 11??????

Originally Posted by PMatic

Too bad Mullin wasn't that good when he was a GM for the Warriors.
Mullin wasn't bad at all. The Warriors were a mess and he did well with what he had. He did pick up Monta and Buike when no one thought anything of them. He was horrible at drafting bigs outside of Biedrins but he got Baron for almost nothing, and he produced a team that made one of the more memorable first round upsets ever.

Originally Posted by PMatic

Too bad Mullin wasn't that good when he was a GM for the Warriors.
Mullin wasn't bad at all. The Warriors were a mess and he did well with what he had. He did pick up Monta and Buike when no one thought anything of them. He was horrible at drafting bigs outside of Biedrins but he got Baron for almost nothing, and he produced a team that made one of the more memorable first round upsets ever.

I remember him hiring Mike Montgomery, drafting Ike Diogu, Patrick O'Bryant and Brandan Wright in back to back to back drafts, giving extensions to Troy Murphy-Mike Dunleavy-Stephen Jackson and signing Corey Maggette.

I'll give him credit for picking up Monta Ellis, Baron Davis and a couple of other role players though.

I remember him hiring Mike Montgomery, drafting Ike Diogu, Patrick O'Bryant and Brandan Wright in back to back to back drafts, giving extensions to Troy Murphy-Mike Dunleavy-Stephen Jackson and signing Corey Maggette.

I'll give him credit for picking up Monta Ellis, Baron Davis and a couple of other role players though.

I didnt see anyone voting for Isaac Sasson
laugh.gif
frown.gif

and, Mullin did a good job. You can blame part of the bad job done on the management.

Back
Top Bottom