Official 2010 San Francisco Giants Season Thread (92-70) NL West Division Champions!

Originally Posted by dland24

I was willing to give Renteria the benefit of the doubt about an injury when he started off hot. Now, I am back with the belief that Uribe should be our everyday SS when Sanchez returns.
I'd rather have Uribe everyday, but because of the money I'm hoping they try every other day. I appreciate what Renteria did early on, but he's probably going to lose more games than he helps win.

Originally Posted by gusyouout

I was willing to give Renteria the benefit of the doubt about an injury when he started off hot. Now, I am back with the belief that Uribe should be our everyday SS when Sanchez returns.
I'd rather have Uribe everyday, but because of the money I'm hoping they try every other day. I appreciate what Renteria did early on, but he's probably going to lose more games than he helps win.

I know what you are saying about the money thing, but honestly, thats an excuse that I really never understood.  I get the fact that they have invested money in this guy, but if playing him hurts your team more than sitting him, why play him?!?  Would you rather waste 9 million dollars on a guy who sits on your bench or waste 9 million dollars on a guy who will cost you games if he plays?  Thats what I though......I just dont understand why owners/gms/coaches dont think that.

timmy
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by gusyouout

I know what you are saying about the money thing, but honestly, thats an excuse that I really never understood.  I get the fact that they have invested money in this guy, but if playing him hurts your team more than sitting him, why play him?!?  Would you rather waste 9 million dollars on a guy who sits on your bench or waste 9 million dollars on a guy who will cost you games if he plays?  Thats what I though......I just dont understand why owners/gms/coaches dont think that.
oh trust me, they do....the reason why they will never make the necessary changes is because their job is on the line, and benching an overpaid vet like renteria is admitting to the owners that you made a mistake in offering said player a bloated contract. And if you need any more proof to how deep a GM like Sabean will go to hide his mistake, just go back to the off season and the whole situation with Sanchez.

Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay

i missed the game. was giants Offense that good or Dodgers pitching that bat?
The Dodgers pitching was pathetic. Haeger is tough to watch.

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

Big Time Timmy Jim!
laugh.gif
148ksxg.gif
Maybe I need to change my screen name. BIG TIME TIMMY JIM 55
I already changed my fantasy baseball team name to Big Time Timmy Jim.
148ksxg.gif

Maybe next time you get a Lincecum autograph, you should ask him to sign it "Big Time Timmy Jim."

Good to see the Giants bounce back from last night's loss.

I hope the Giants don't lose any hitting with Rowand and DeRosa out...

In regards to Wellemeyer. I really hope the Giants are beginning to evaluate this guy. Two starts and he's hasn't been up to par.

Standing O for Big Time Timmy Jim being 3-0 and having 3 RBI's. Haha.

Wellemeyer will probably get a few more chances to blow up before he gets replaced for the fifth spot. Bumgarner has been pitching horrible in Fresno (something has to be wrong with him). Pucetas looks like nothing special. Maybe Joe Martinez?

BTTJ
pimp.gif

This @%$@ ing game was HARD to watch, in person on top of everything else
smh.gif

I have never seen or HEARD so many Giants fans in LA. Dudes represented this afternoon.

Bats were raking, and once the hitters are dialed in on a knuckler, it's game over.

I had to fight the urges to stay through all 9
laugh.gif

Can someone remind me again why we got rid of Rajai Davis?

from what i remember he was not hitting to well and was no room for him in the outfield at the time.

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Giants' Rowand headed to DL on Sunday[/h1]
LOS ANGELES -- San Francisco Giants center fielder Aaron Rowand will be placed on the 15-day disabled list with two small fractures in his left cheek and a mild concussion after he was hit with a fastball by Dodgers right-hander Vicente Padilla.

Manager Bruce Bochy said after Saturday's 9-0 win against Los Angeles that Rowand will go on the DL Sunday.

Infielder Matt Downs will be recalled from Triple-A Fresno to fill Rowand's roster spot.

Rowand was hit in the face in the fifth inning of Friday night's 10-8 loss, when the ball struck the side of his helmet as he turned to get out of the way. He never lost consciousness and was able to leave the field under his own power before he was taken to a hospital for a CT scan.

from what i remember he was not hitting to well and was no room for him in the outfield at the time.
Are you gonna keep Rajai Davis or Fred Lewis? No brainer imo.

Originally Posted by UsedToBeCool

Are you gonna keep Rajai Davis or Fred Lewis? No brainer imo.
Yeah, you had Lewis, Schierholtz, Bowker, and Ortmeier as home grown guys right there filling up spots.   It was pretty easy to let Rajai go. I don't mind it too much, since the A's tend to make the most out of these types of guys, and hindsight is 20/20. 

Remember that we got Rajai for Matt Morris, and he was essentially a throw-in as the Giants were dying to get rid of Morris.

Originally Posted by patrickcakes

Wellemeyer will probably get a few more chances to blow up before he gets replaced for the fifth spot. Bumgarner has been pitching horrible in Fresno (something has to be wrong with him). Pucetas looks like nothing special. Maybe Joe Martinez?

BTTJ
pimp.gif
I could see Martinez getting the 5th spot.I wish he could have heild on to Penny
tired.gif

Back
Top Bottom