Official 2010 San Francisco Giants Season Thread (92-70) NL West Division Champions!

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

Headed to the yard tomorrow. Should be a good one.
8612527e1ae0d661c655de296929f49acee2d60.jpg
Damn.  Take pics.

This should be epic.

Tim-Lincecum.jpg

ubaldo.jpg

(05-30) 20:46 PDT --And for your holiday afternoon pleasure, the man who has the hardwareto prove he was the National League's top pitcher the past two seasonsfaces the man who has the numbers to prove he has been the planet's toppitcher for the first two months of this season.

At China Basin today, it's the Giants' Tim Lincecum, he of the two Cy Young Awards, meeting Colorado's Ubaldo Jimenez, who merely leads the majors in wins (nine), ERA (0.88) and opponents' batting average (.176).

Aaron Rowand said Jimenez's 6-foot-4 frame is one of many reasons for his success.

"He has three different speeds of really electric stuff," Rowand said, "and on top of that, he's effectively wild.

"He'll throw one to the backstop and then paint the next one at 97 at the knees on the inside corner."

Lincecum leads the majors with 80 strikeouts but has walked fivehitters in each of his past three starts. He has not made it to thesixth inning in each of his past two starts, but he's not about tostart panicking.

Said Lincecum: "I'm not saying, 'I know this is going to happen, soI don't care,' but it's one of those things where I can't just let itdrag me down."

As for going against Jimenez?

"I don't really get excited for games usually until I'm in them," Lincecum said. "I'm not too worried about the matchup."

Freddy Sanchez said Jimenez "seems like he's in a league of his own," but the Giants second baseman is looking forward to the challenge.

"You want to go out and see what you can do against him," Sanchez said.

Lincecum and Jimenez have faced each other four times. Lincecum is 1-2 with a 3.08 ERA in those games. Jimenez is 2-1, 2.25.

Hamstrung: Infielder Ryan Rohlinger injured his left hamstring trying to score on an Andres Torressingle in the seventh inning Sunday and had to leave the game. TheGiants probably will put him on the disabled list today, with Matt Downs a likely recall from Triple-A Fresno. ... Reliever Jeremy Affeldthad a rough outing (two runs, three walks - one intentional - inone-third of an inning) in his first appearance since injuring his lefthamstring the previous Sunday in Oakland. Affeldt will be evaluatedbefore today's game.

DeRosa update: Utilityman Mark DeRosa (wrist) will begin a rehab assignment with Class A San Jose today.

[table][tr][th="col"]U. Jiménez Col
7900.jpg
[/th] [td]vs.[/td] [th="col"]T. Lincecum SF
7981.jpg
[/th] [/tr][tr][td]9-1[/td] [th="row"]Record[/th] [td]5-1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]0.88[/td] [th="row"]ERA[/th] [td]3.00[/td] [/tr][tr][td]61[/td] [th="row"]K[/th] [td]80[/td] [/tr][tr][td]24[/td] [th="row"]BB[/th] [td]25[/td] [/tr][tr][td]0.93[/td] [th="row"]WHIP[/th] [td]1.12[/td][/tr][/table]

Giants made one roster move: As expected, INF Ryan Rohlinger is on the 15-day disabled list. INF Matt Downs has returned from Triple-A Fresno. Because Downs is replacing an injured position player, the 10-day rule doesn’t apply and he’s eligible to return.

laugh.gif
 Rowand hitting 8th.

Are you #$@@%*% kidding me right now?  Who calls a hit and run in that situation?

^
laugh.gif
 might as well hit him 9th and hit Timmy 8th.

[h3]
[h3]Rowand sits in series finale vs. D-backs[/h3]
SAN FRANCISCO -- As Giants manager Bruce Bochy hinted the day before, Giants center fielder Aaron Rowand received Sunday off in the team's series finale against Arizona.

Since being activated from the disabled list May 2, Rowand has started each of the Giants' past 25 games.

In that span, the center fielder has struggled -- hitting .202 (21-for-104) -- but Bochy said he was sitting Rowand just to give him a blow.

"He's been out there pretty much every day," Bochy said. "I've got to start resting some of these guys, especially as we start getting into this where we have some long stretches with games. These guys need a break every once in a while."
[/h3]

Jimenez is just sending everyone back to the dugout except Sandoval.

The Giants are making him throw pitches but cannot get a sustained rally going.

I don't post here or visit the sports section often, but what is up with Lincecum? walk after walk

and the hats aren't that bad...i might pick one up

EDIT: "Out of sync"...man i wish i can just fast foward to the next start.

Back
Top Bottom