Official 2010 San Francisco Giants Season Thread (92-70) NL West Division Champions!

[table][tr][th="col"]G. González Oak
8179.jpg
[/th] [td]vs.[/td] [th="col"]T. Lincecum SF
7981.jpg
[/th] [/tr][tr][td]6-3[/td] [th="row"]Record[/th] [td]5-2[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3.58[/td] [th="row"]ERA[/th] [td]3.20[/td] [/tr][tr][td]61[/td] [th="row"]K[/th] [td]89[/td] [/tr][tr][td]32[/td] [th="row"]BB[/th] [td]32[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1.26[/td] [th="row"]WHIP[/th] [td]1.18[/td][/tr][/table]

[h1]http://baseball.realgm.com/src_wire...611/sandoval_looking_at_video_to_break_slump/[/h1]
[h1]Sandoval Looking At Video To Break Slump[/h1]Jun 11, 2010 11:36 AM EST
From May 1 through Wednesday, Pablo Sandoval hit .228 with a .268 on-base percentage and .324 slugging percentage. Perhaps his struggle will get a bit easier after Thursday.

Before the Giants' 7-6 loss, Sandoval spent a long time watching video with hitting coach Hensley Meulens and first-base coach Roberto Kelly. Sandoval said they discovered a flaw in the way he was positioning his hands. Then, in his first three at-bats, against right-hander Mike Leake, Sandoval singled twice and hit a fly to the warning track.

Asked if the video session helped, Sandoval said, "A little bit, especially left-handed."

Originally Posted by LB510

Originally Posted by dland24

Pablo to AAA. Im on board. This needs to happen. Even if its just for a few days.

Please tell me your joking?

Im not joking at all.  Something needs to wake this kid up.  He has way too much talent to be performing like this.  You are probably too young to remember this, but we sent Matt Williams back to AAA for a short time, and it seemed to work out pretty well for us.

Tonight's Lineup vs. OAK:
Torres RF
F. Sanchez 2B
Posey 1B,
Uribe SS
Burrell LF
Molina C
Sandoval 3B
Rowand CF
Lincecum RHP

Molina ahead of Sandoval?

And for you soccer fans out there....all I have to say is three little letters S M H.

What a BORING day off. I cant believe people go crazy for this sport like they do. 2 TOTAL goals today. 12 TOTAL shots on goal today. To quote the great Damon Bruce, "Soccer...aka passes and turnovers."

Cant wait for baseball to start.

And for you soccer fans out there....all I have to say is three little letters S M H.

What a BORING day off. I cant believe people go crazy for this sport like they do. 2 TOTAL goals today. 12 TOTAL shots on goal today. To quote the great Damon Bruce, "Soccer...aka passes and turnovers."

I don't follow soccer either, but I won't rip soccer. It's like when people rip baseball for being "boring." I'm not one to act like my sport is better than your sport.

I got up at 6:30am to watch the first game and after it was all said and done, I was a little disappointed.  I told myself, "all the soccer haters are going to have a field day after these first two games."  But what %+%@!!@ moron just looks at the score and basis how good a game was strictly off that?  Can a 1-0 baseball game be enjoyable?  Get your head out of your $%@.

To quote Damon Bruce: I'm a loud-mouth American all about instant gratification, HD television, leather couches, box-score filling and fantasy league winning athletic events.

[h3][/h3]
[h3]Giants place Wellemeyer on disabled list[/h3]By Cash Kruth / MLB.com
06/12/10 1:51 AM ET
SAN FRANCISCO -- Giants pitcher Todd Wellemeyer was placed on the 15-day disabled list with a right quad strain on Friday, one day after he left during the third inning after trying to break up a double play.
The Giants recalled right-hander Joe Martinez (5-2, 3.07 ERA in 11 starts at Triple-A Fresno) to take Wellemeyer's place on the roster, but whether Martinez takes Wellemeyer's place in the starting rotation is still up in the air.

Manager Bruce Bochy said the Giants recalled Martinez to help the bullpen, which pitched six innings in Thursday's 7-6 loss to the Reds, and who starts Tuesday against Baltimore is still undecided.

Martinez, 27, said he'd be willing to pitch in whichever role the club chose for him.

With Wellemeyer (3-5, 5.52) struggling as of late -- especially on the road, where he was 0-4 with a 9.67 ERA -- Bochy said the fifth-starter spot isn't necessarily up for grabs, but the Giants are simply looking for their best option to win.
"I'd say more than anything, the next guy is who we think is the best guy available, not just who's going win [the job]," Bochy said. "As we get deeper in the season, that might become it, but whoever is our best option is going to be our fifth starter."

[h3][/h3]
[h3]Injured Renteria nearing return to lineup[/h3]
SAN FRANCISCO -- Edgar Renteria was scheduled to test his strained right hamstring on the basespaths on Friday, and Giants manager Bruce Bochy said the 34-year-old shortstop is nearing his return.

"[Friday] really will determine where he starts, whether he would be ready Monday or Tuesday or somewhere in there," Bochy said. "It's something we'll talk about."

Bochy admitted the club is trying to move cautiously with Renteria, and with good reason. Renteria strained his right hamstring on May 26 against Washington, only four days after being reinstated from the 15-day disabled list after suffering a right groin strain.

Bochy said the team will see how Renteria feels on Saturday before deciding what the next step will be.

[table][tr][th="col"]B. Sheets Oak
6618.jpg
[/th] [td]vs.[/td] [th="col"]B. Zito SF
6394.jpg
[/th] [/tr][tr][td]2-5[/td] [th="row"]Record[/th] [td]6-2[/td] [/tr][tr][td]4.96[/td] [th="row"]ERA[/th] [td]3.15[/td] [/tr][tr][td]57[/td] [th="row"]K[/th] [td]52[/td] [/tr][tr][td]30[/td] [th="row"]BB[/th] [td]32[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1.44[/td] [th="row"]WHIP[/th] [td]1.24[/td][/tr][/table]

The 5K Plate to Plate run is today.

Next season, I want to make it a goal to participate in the run.

Who's with me?

Originally Posted by Tim Lincecum

The 5K Plate to Plate run is today.

Next season, I want to make it a goal to participate in the run.

Who's with me?
I'm gonna do it next year, kinda regret not doing this inaugural one.

Tonight's lineup:
[h6]Torres CF
Sanchez 2B
Huff RF
Uribe SS
Burrell LF
Posey 1B
Sandoval 3B
Molina C
Zito P

[/h6]

Back