Official 2010 San Francisco Giants Season Thread (92-70) NL West Division Champions!

BACK TO BACK again with Uribe and Huff!
pimp.gif

Huff''s homerun swag >

Hell of a catch right there.
eek.gif

So I am not afraid to admit when I was wrong.....Aubrey Huff was a great signing!

Originally Posted by Sco cuddie1

Originally Posted by dland24

So I am not afraid to admit when I was wrong.....Aubrey Huff was a great signing!
I completely agree 
pimp.gif
Now just imagine if our other offseason acquisition wasnt Mark DeRosa.
smh.gif

The Jays are tough, they absolutely mash the ball. Pitching will be key to keep us in the game.

[table][tr][th="col"]B. Zito SF
6394.jpg
[/th] [td]vs.[/td] [th="col"]B. Morrow Tor
8002.jpg
[/th] [/tr][tr][td]7-2[/td] [th="row"]Record[/th] [td]4-5[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3.10[/td] [th="row"]ERA[/th] [td]5.14[/td] [/tr][tr][td]58[/td] [th="row"]K[/th] [td]80[/td] [/tr][tr][td]34[/td] [th="row"]BB[/th] [td]38[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1.23[/td] [th="row"]WHIP[/th] [td]1.47[/td][/tr][/table]

I dont really have much to contribute to this thread right now, but Im tired of seeing every thread on page 1 being about the NBA or that silly tournament thats going on.

Go Giants!

Im tired of seeing every thread on page 1 being about the NBA or that silly tournament thats going on.

Go Giants!

Though I was the only one hopefully the threads die soon.

I'd love to see more afternoon games at AT&T!

HUFF!
pimp.gif

tongue.gif

silly tournament
I hope you mean the U.S. Open because otherwise ...

indifferent.gif

World Cup Soccer  >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>  Baseball

Best players from their respective nations competing in a tournament held once every 4 years is more exciting than any baseball game, Game 7 of the World Series included.

Whatever floats your boat, though.  You might enjoy watching dudes stand around for three hours.

Originally Posted by What up

silly tournament
I hope you mean the U.S. Open because otherwise ...

indifferent.gif

World Cup Soccer  >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>  Baseball

Best players from their respective nations competing in a tournament held once every 4 years is more exciting than any baseball game, Game 7 of the World Series included.

Whatever floats your boat, though.  You might enjoy watching dudes stand around for three hours.
You are completely right.  Whatever floats your boat.  I will tell you what doesnt float my boat.....that would be 19 of the 22 total completed games in this years WC have ended either tied or X-0.....sometimes BOTH!  That is a joke!!! That doesnt float my boat in the slightest bit.
Yes there is a lot of standing around in baseball.....but people often exaggerate the amount of running that goes on in soccer too.  An average soccer player runs 3 miles in a soccer game.  3 miles in 90+ minutes of the game?  You know what that means?  That means soccer players are mostly just standing around as well.  

Way to take the first round of games where teams are settling for draws and generally getting acclimated to playing together on a colossal stage. Games have definitely been more interesting once teams play game #2.  The only thing that's a joke is someone looking at the score and automatically dismissing what the game was about.  There are 10-2 baseball games that are boring.  And even if it's an exciting ball game, you know what?  There's 162 of them so its importance plummets.  You have plenty of chances to see Juan Uribe swing the bat and there are a lot of nights when teams mail it in because of the long season. 

And get that ******ed 3 mile statistic the *%#@ out of here. Are you kidding me? Seriously, that's the best argument you can make? Baseball players don't run 3 miles in a week's worth of games. They need 2 cups of water/gatorade after trotting the bases after a homerun.

Originally Posted by What up

Way to take the first round of games where teams are settling for draws and generally getting acclimated to playing together on a colossal stage. Games have definitely been more interesting once teams play game #2.  The only thing that's a joke is someone looking at the score and automatically dismissing what the game was about.  There are 10-2 baseball games that are boring.  And even if it's an exciting ball game, you know what?  There's 162 of them so its importance plummets.  You have plenty of chances to see Juan Uribe swing the bat and there are a lot of nights when teams mail it in because of the long season. 

And get that ******ed 3 mile statistic the *%#@ out of here. Are you kidding me? Seriously, that's the best argument you can make? Baseball players don't run 3 miles in a week's worth of games. They need 2 cups of water/gatorade after trotting the bases after a homerun.

Trust me, there are a ton of more arguments I can make about my dislike for the sport aside from the running part.  I was just pointing it out.  Yes, I am well aware there is a *#@* ton more running in soccer than baseball.  I was just merely pointing out the fact that when people talk about how much running is involved in soccer, it is greatly exaggerated.  
The fact that you comment that the first round games are where teams "settle for draws" is just absurd.  Ties are absolutely ******ed, in ANYTHING....I dont care if they are "getting acclimated to playing with each other on a big stage."    

You say I am just looking at the score and dismissing what the game is all about.  I have actually watched a ton of these games because my friends/roommate is really into it.  So I need you to tell me.  Since after watching more than half of these games, I obviously still dont know like you do.  What exactly is soccer all about then?  If its not about scoring goals and winning the game, what else could it be about?  I used to play and I never liked tying.   Sure there are amazing passes, sick footwork, great centers, good teamwork......but ultimately what the hell does all that matter if you cant get the ball into the net?  

I dont want to keep arguing about soccer in our Giants thread, but even the most outspoken soccer enthusiasts have had no problem saying that so far, this World Cup has been horrible.

What a shocker.....yet another tie. Make that 20 out of 23 games ending in a tie or x-0.....often times both.

Back
Top Bottom