Official 2011-12 Houston Rockets Season Thread: Dejection, and it feelsbadman.

Ok I see what you're saying about Pau's stats. They are undoubtedly solid
But where I'm confused is what the Rockets plan on doing long term. Pau has averaged those stats his whole career. Which is pretty impressive but remember his Memphis days? They were NOT a good team. Pau always played well but he was never a leader, or a center piece for a Franchise. Hell the Grizz gave him away to rebuild
laugh.gif

So you trade away a couple good players on your roster for a 'star' player. I have no doubt dude will put up good stats but as your highest paid player(I assume) is he going to 1)attract other stars to your team and 2)Lead (prob in reverse order
laugh.gif
) I just dont know if I see that from him. But who really knows

Adding Pau Gasol will never make your team worse, thats for sure. If they can do it at a good price could even be pretty dope. Like I said tho, I just dont understand why they are pursuing it so hard. I mean before David Stern vetoed that trade the Rocks were ready to give everything and take the short stick to get this dude
laugh.gif

^^^Exactly. He's a bum, and unless he learns how to not be soft and he's paired with Dwight Howard, Pau coming here won't
do anything. The way this Rockets team is built, you need somebody whose truly gonna be a force, and Gasol is not at all that
person, especially giving away Scola/Martin/any young players for him.

Man, when we're good, we're fantastic, but when we're bad, we're &@*#($+ awful and pathetic.

Sadly
30t6p3b.gif

Deflating loss yesterday with the Thunder coming in. We're either gonna catch them off-guard since we played them
really close the last time they met, or the thunder are gonna wipe us off the map. Preparing my angus.

We barely escaped that one. Grab the $#%$!#$ the ball!  These dudes were trying to give me a heart attack. 
We needed this one badly though, because our last two performances were awful. 

Originally Posted by blackxme

We barely escaped that one. Grab the $#%$!#$ the ball!  These dudes were trying to give me a heart attack. 
We needed this one badly though, because our last two performances were awful. 
I swear this game reminded me of a handful of 2007-2010 Texans games
30t6p3b.gif

Oh well, we really needed this to unclog ourselves from the rest of the pack. A winning streak would be nice.

K-Mart
pimp.gif
 Hope he's officially back.

This bigass Pekovic dude is pissing me off.
Crappy loss, especially with the big tease near the end. We badly matchup with the Wolves, which is pretty sad.

Me during the majority of the game
Spoiler [+]
119061_Rockets_Trail_Blazers_Basketball_large.jpg

[h1]Hill hurts knee in practice, forcing Rockets to call up Smith from D-League[/h1]
Center Jordan Hill is expected to be out at least two weeks after leaving practice Saturday with a sprained medial collateral ligament in his right knee.

With Hill out, the Rockets will call up 6-10 rookie center Greg Smith from the Rio Grande Valley Vipers, two individuals with knowledge of the decision said.

Hill, also 6-10, has averaged five points and 4.9 rebounds in 15.1 minutes, coming off the bench in 22 of his 29 games.

Smith, who signed with the Rockets on Feb. 8, is averaging 16.7 points and 7.9 rebounds while making 66.4 percent of his shots in 27.8 minutes per game in the NBA Development League.
Spoiler [+]
Celtics-Doc-shrugging.jpg

Anytime we beat Jazz the
pimp.gif

Scola and Lowry were great tonight. If those two and K-mart could somehow all play good/great on a consistent level we would be so much better.

^^^U ain't lying man.

Good win last night. Defense really started to clamp down in the second half. Dalembert
laugh.gif
maybe McHale
should bench him every night.

I hate the Grizzlies man 
laugh.gif
, probably because they're such a tough match up for us.

Lee with those clutch FT's
pimp.gif
, I remember last season he had the same opportunity to close out a game against the Spurs and he choked.

Maaaan we had to escape with that victory. the refs were dogging us for almost the entire game.
Oh well, victory is sweet going into the break
pimp.gif

Houston loves giving crappy teams confidence. We just need to finish the Raptors off and move on to Utah tomorrow.
***EDIT: I can't believe we've sucked ourselves into a dogfight with the Raptors
30t6p3b.gif

Pathetic performance the other night, better make it up tonight and stay in the race.
Also, more Morris & T-Will sooner if stuff get sluggish

.......sigh......I'm really looking forward to this game.
We should have won that game the other night, but when you have CP3 & Blake getting visitor's cooking, plus miscues

we had down the stretch, that's the type of result you get.

And now we picked the worst possible time to lose 3 straight, and now we're reeling and looking up, back at 8th place, 

with the ^@&#*$% Wolves breathing down are neck, and Boston tonight. This road trip needs to be 4-1 and keep it

moving.

One positive I can take is we looked a hell of a lot better that night, playing with a sense of urgency, and McHale actually

making adjustments and subbing sooner way before. Of course Hill, Thabeet, T-Will, and Flynn won't be on the roster

next year, but that doesn't mean that either of them (plus Smith and Morris) shouldn't consistently be apart of the offense.

Don't know what McHale is thinking with that 8-9 man rotation, we should be using a 10-11 man rotation consistently, 

instead of just throwing guys in after an injury or mop-up time.

Back
Top Bottom