Official 2011-12 Houston Rockets Season Thread: Dejection, and it feelsbadman.

Another good win tonight. We grinded and took it from Portland, and I felt like we escaped with the win tonight. Bench played
well once again, but the starters HAVE to start setting the tone, so the bench can just add on instead of having to save them.

What is up with K-Mart? 2 points and only 13 minutes. 
Our bench is so nice 
pimp.gif
 I wouldn't trade it for Pau Gasol.

Rockets still want Gasol.  
The Houston Rockets still have a longing for Gasol, but the Lakers would want a player the Rockets are most reluctant to part with: point guard Kyle Lowry. The Lakers could probably pry a combination of Kevin Martin and Luis Scola for Gasol, league sources said, but it’s doubtful they’ll move Gasol without solving their point guard problem. Lowry has developed into one of the league’s finest point guards, but Rockets general manager Daryl Morey isn’t trading him.

[font=verdana, arial, tahoma, helvetica, sans-serif]Link[/font]

Why the &@^# do they still want that bum??? Just cause he's been good in his last two games??

Originally Posted by blackxme

Rockets still want Gasol.  
The Houston Rockets still have a longing for Gasol, but the Lakers would want a player the Rockets are most reluctant to part with: point guard Kyle Lowry. The Lakers could probably pry a combination of Kevin Martin and Luis Scola for Gasol, league sources said, but it’s doubtful they’ll move Gasol without solving their point guard problem. Lowry has developed into one of the league’s finest point guards, but Rockets general manager Daryl Morey isn’t trading him.
[font=verdana, arial, tahoma, helvetica, sans-serif]Link[/font]

indifferent.gif

I'm just going to say this... I told you they still wanted Gasol... Will a trade happen?? Unlikely because if Lakers can't get Lowry, they want Martin/Scola and gut your bench... But even then they seem steadfast on Lowry/Scola/ and whatever makes the money work.

So all those
roll.gif
emoticons you guys posted every time I mentioned a Rockets-Lakers Gasol trade, I told you every time the Rockets want him.

They still may want Gasol but that doesn't change the fact that gutting our bench and trading away Lowry/Scola is laughable. 

Originally Posted by Peep Game

Lowry's not leaving. Neither is our bench. No trade.

I agree with the Lowry part...   The bench not so much (minus Lee, if they trade KMart, no way they trade Lee.)... But I wouldn't dismiss it because you don't want it. They clearly want him... If Pau for Scola/Martin is an instant accept by the Rockets, I wouldn't rule out bench players for Lakers adding minor things if I were you...

But I'm assuming Lakers are waiting last minute on Pau..  If they get D12 & Hedo. They will sit on Pau and listen to the handful of deals they can get for Pau.. And then trade him if an elite PG & PF combo deal comes up, or DWill by himselg...  That's why I think Lakers/Rockets is unlikely.. Not because the Rockets don't want Pau.. Because they want to wait..

Monta Ellis & Clay Thompson
mad.gif
VERY frustrating, cause Rockets defenders could have limited those outside shots
by closing faster on their guy. &@*#

Could someone explain to me the motives behind the Rockets management wanting Gasol so bad?
I seriously cant think of what outcome they're hoping for

I honestly don't know. He's not worth Scola & Martin, much less Lowry, and half our bench and picks. Gasol is only worth it
if the Lakers cut him tonight and we cut Hasheem Thabeet to make a roster spot for him. I don't see how a soft as charmin
center is such a hot commodity, especially one with a damaged psyche.

1. He's a draw because he's a name...
2. Even "soft" Pau with a damage psyche is averaging 16.7 & 10.5. And that's with having no post presence this year, and having to share the ball with Kobe & a formidable Bynum..
3. They are banking on a P&R combo of Lowry and Gasol.

Those are the reason that make most sense..

Lowry is extremely Turnover prone. I can not put him in elite status bc it seems like every other game he gets 7 TO's a game.

an undersized 31 year old power forward who averages 5 rebounds a game AND a 40 percent fg shooting point guard for a proven allstar and world champion who is still averaging 17 and 10 at 31 who has great passing skills for a big man? sounds like a fair trade to me
smile.gif

Originally Posted by NobleKane

an undersized 31 year old power forward who averages 5 rebounds a game AND a 40 percent fg shooting point guard  for a proven allstar and world champion who is still averaging 17 and 10 at 31 who has great passing skills for a big man? sounds like a fair trade to me
smile.gif
Yes, that would be a fair trade.
Originally Posted by thecoolempire1

Lowry is extremely Turnover prone. I can not put him in elite status bc it seems like every other game he gets 7 TO's a game.
I wouldn't consider him elite either, but he turns it over less than Kobe, Monta Ellis, Steve Nash, Lebron, Wall, & Rondo. Not too bad.

Back
Top Bottom