Official 2011-2012 Dallas Mavericks Thread (31-26) Vol: Take a Hike Odom

Carmelo 2/12, Lin 4/13 tonight, Russ 6/20, KD 6/18 the night before. Our defense is there, but our offense is still sputtering quite a bit.

Still giving up a little too many FTs, but give me that FG% anyday. 38 and 39% to high-offense teams. Good signs.

Damn, I didn't know yall had your own thread the way JA posts about the Mavs in the season thread
laugh.gif

You wylin if you think your team's defense was the cause of Melo's horrible shooting night.

I didn't see the game so I can't say it for sure, but we're doing something right if we're keeping the good players to horrible FG%. It's been like that all year. Perimeter defense has been great, but bigs and players that are aggressive have killed us.

I try to keep Mavs talk in the Season Thread to a minimum, realized folks don't like me talking about the Mavs unless they're losing or they're on TV.
laugh.gif

Seeing Dirk start to come into his own again is a beautiful sight. 
pimp.gif

I feel everything else will fall into place as long as we can duck these stray bullet injuries, although they will make us stronger in the long run.

I'm glad Tyson got such a huge pop tonight, I just saw the video, damn it was loud in there, well-deserved too.

roll.gif
@ Dirk giving that kid the hardest high five of his life.
pimp.gif

I was at the bar again for the game, and boyyyy those fans got salty quick. Only 2 Mavs fans were at the bar, myself and the bouncer who was from Texas.

Once Dirk hit that jumper over Amar'e on the baseline with about 2 min left it was over, that was the dagger.

I was dyling at the supppper hype high 5 Dirk gave to the little kid, the training staff had to go look at his hand, so funny.

Kid has a story for life

Man, Marion is playing some goddamn great defense this year.

Only cat to play all forty games this year, and has these kind of numbers on defense...

Carmelo 2/12 on March 6th
Durant 6/18 on March 5th
CJ Miles 4/12 on March 3rd
Morrow 5/15 on February 28th
Kobe 4/15 on February 22nd
Iggy 2/9 on February 17th
Harrington 4/12 on February 15th
Crawford 6/23 on February 11th
Jamison 6/18 on February 4th
Granger 5/18 on February 3rd
Durant 7/19 on February 1st
Markeiff Morris 2/9 on January 23rd
Ariza 5/15 on January 21st
Butler 1/12 on January 18th
Kobe 7/22 on January 16th

He's been damn good this year, and I hope he can grab an All-Defense spot this year.

DB.com recently released an article about obtaining 3D, and it's ugly.

In order to get those guys to come on, and get the money they want, we'd have to shed every single salary other than Dirk. JET, Kidd, Roddy, Jones, Cardinal, Carter, all the way down.

We'd have some cash left over to spend ONLY if the cap increases a lot next year.

Cap is currently at 60.792 million, and we'd only be able to spend on other guys if either..
A) They both take a little bit less, could be millions less if they want to really have flexibility.
B) The cap exceeds more than 61-62 million next year, which still doesn't give us very much room.

And nuggets that are currently in the way of getting all cap clear.
-Trading Marion
-Amnestying Haywood
-Trading Odom and letting the other team waive him for 2.4 million.
-Carter has to be traded, or else if we waive him, it'll hamper us next year.
-Getting rid of the bird rights to both Kidd and JET.
-Mavs can retain Mahinmi, Wright, and Sean Williams since there is very marginal difference between the cap hold and their expected salaries next year.
-Roddy B and DoJo would have to be traded as well, as Dallas would save about 2.6 million to use for Dwight/Deron if they were.

The major thing that's a huge question mark is the cap for next year. Some things in our favor is a 82/66 calculation to make up the cap # as we have a shortened season. NBA retained all of it's marketing/television deals. Christmas day was huge, ASG was huge, and the Playoffs will be huge. Also the huge impact of Lin on New York and China and the international market will have an impact too.

Cap won't be known until July 11th, after a lot of our business decisions have to be made.

This is all assuming that they want max money they can get from Dallas, and why wouldn't they.

Unless they want to go a bit lower and try to save some room for a good fourth player, but we'll see.

Either way, I still don't like this damn idea. It'd be cool if we did get them, great, but if we had retained Tyson and Barea, and maybe Stevenson too, I'd like our team a lot more than risking our entire future for two guys who aren't a lock.

i never really expected to get both of them.. only deron.

i'd be happy with either one though.. or both.

Jeeeeeesus.

Another terrible loss...

Why the hell is Dirk shooting so few shots? I don't get it man, I just don't get it. 15 shots? 15 shots? Really?

This is some +$*%@#@@ man..
laugh.gif

No one is going to want to play with Dirk next year after this year, and can you blame them?

This year's team is done. There is too much restlessness going on in the locker room. We all knew the front office wasn't really serious about contending this year with their eye on the summer free agency. Sure they made some minor moves to try to remain competitive and it managed to please the team and keep them motivated initially. But with one month left in the season, it's finally starting to get to the players and they know that this is just a transition team. 

Best hope is they get semi-hot late in the season, but this looks like the best we'll be in the Playoffs is a hard-out, same as we were before we won it all.

No Kidd tonight, means we won't be lazy as hell closing out on three-pointers.

I hope DoJo not only starts but logs heavy minutes. I want to see the kid play.

Carlisle has lost the team...there's nothing he can do about it. The talent is just not there this year. At least we should probably see a lot of the youngsters get big minutes in this last month of the season

This group sucks. Mavs will miss the playoffs. 23 games left after tonight, 15 of them against teams in the current playoff picture. That doesnt include 2 versus Portland who is always tough for the Mavs. Shut it down. Lets go home.

Eh this is all Kidd and Terry's "victory lap" here anyway. I think the Mavs know that they maximized their potential last year and they can't be relied on as their main core alongside Dirk anymore. I expect Kidd to come back as a backup for cheap next season but Terry could probably get more money somewhere else than what we could afford to offer him. Even if we miss out on Deron, we'll still see big changes in trying to get some younger talent to replace that core.

Well, I still think we make a run and make the Playoffs, and just hope for the best from there. But, what we could really use is practice, and rest.

Two of our biggest concerns is defense and turnovers. Turnovers can easily be contained. We've had some of the laziest basketball I've seen in years. Call it lockout basketball, but whatever man, they're professionals. They have to be better than this. They've shown they can be good, but they're just not putting it out there. We see flashes, but there's no consistency. They aren't hungry.

And can you blame them? As I've said numerous times, everyone knows this is the last hurrah. The team after this year is having a huge overhaul, whether we land Deron or Dwight or not. They don't care enough to help this team get a great Playoff seed. Hopefully once the Playoffs roll around, people will start taking this seriously, if we make it.

Vince was awesome before the ASG, but since then he's been absolutely horrid. HORRID. He's a complete ball-stopper, and he has been terrible shooting the ball.

I REALLY miss Delonte West man. Completely different team with him than without him. He's efficient, and he can get to the basket WITHOUT being careless, a huge plus.

I'll hold out faith until he does come back and see if we can gel again, and we have had some injuries, but not enough to do this poorly against bad competition.

Regardless, this is why I hated not re-signing JJ and Tyson.

With those two, Caron, and Stevenson, we didn't have so many goddamn isolations, and if there were, and they were off, they'd stop shooting. None of this 1/6, 2/9 crap. At least we'd be competitive. I don't think I remember us getting blown out so many goddamn times in one season. It's sickening. Our defense has been horrid, I don't know how we were one of the best defensive teams in the League before the break. We are lazy getting back on perimeter shooters, and our interior defense has been crap since Haywood has been out. That man needs 28-30 minutes a night. He clogs the lane, which is more than Williams, Mahinmi, or Wright can do. I'm tired of seeing us getting punked by small-*%+ guards that glide to the lane with ease.

I feel bad for Marion. He works harder on the court than anyone else on this team. Anyone. Yet he gets five shots while idiots like Odom and Carter get off tons more shots. Vince hasn't shot above 44% since the ASG, and he's shooting 30% since the ASG. 30%. Man, get the hell out of here if you're going to shoot like that. Let Dirk shoot more. Dirk ain't shooting his normal either, but he ain't shooting no goddamn 30%.

It's ridiculous that someone like Beaubois only gets 5 shots off. He can get to the basket and finish better than anyone on this damn team, but this is four games in a row where he's shot less than 10 shots. He's struggling a bit, but he's shooting a whole hell of a lot better than Vince Carter, I'll tell you that much.

This next month or so of basketball is going to be rough until we're healthy, and let's just hope we can get a run in during the Playoffs. I just want to make it up and put up a fight. It's damn pathetic if we can't even defend our championship.

Then we'll lose out on Deron and Dwight, and re-sign Steve Nash...
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

this is why back to back titles are so hard to achieve. word champions get content. most just want to win one and thats that. the way dirk is playing i wouldnt be shocked if him and odom be getting high before games...

how hard has kidd fallen off?

Back
Top Bottom