OFFICIAL 2011-2012 LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS SEASON THREAD (Its a wrap. Great season ends)

What a game!
pimp.gif

Gotta admit I gave up. Even changed the channel I could not watch. Finally my daughter was like we are coming back and watched us claw back. Evans was the mvp of the game.

I will never forgive myself for this.

I was at ESPN Zone at LA Live and when we were down 27 I told my boy let's just dip. He didn't wanna leave but I drove and we were done drinking so we left. I dropped him off, get home and hear the TV say unbelievable comeback I was so confused
laugh.gif

everybody please quote me and stoneface/smh me. I deserve it.

Gonna watch the FSN replay right now. Ralph must've had a heart attack
laugh.gif

I don't expect to have a voice when I wake up in the morning
laugh.gif

One of the greatest, if not, the greatest win in Clipper history
pimp.gif

Even Ralph and Mike gave up on the game at one point, when they seemed to be puzzled as to why CP3 was even in the game when we were still down big.

In the end, it's only one game, but I really hope we can keep this momentum going into game 2.

Our second unit was unbelievable. Reggie, Young, E. Bled, K-Mart... We simply don't win without their contributions.

Caron's injury looks pretty bad though. He had a nice sized cast on his hand after the game
ohwell.gif

*Watching the replay on PrimeTicket*

Originally Posted by erupt107th

I will never forgive myself for this.

I was at ESPN Zone at LA Live and when we were down 27 I told my boy let's just dip. He didn't wanna leave but I drove and we were done drinking so we left. I dropped him off, get home and hear the TV say unbelievable comeback I was so confused
laugh.gif

everybody please quote me and stoneface/smh me. I deserve it.

Gonna watch the FSN replay right now. Ralph must've had a heart attack
laugh.gif

Cardiac Clips thought you knew
pimp.gif

^^^ I won't lie - there were several points during the second half where I thought, "Man, I need to turn this !@#$ off," like after Connelly went nuts in the 3rd with all those threes. But something kept me from changing the channel. (Partly because I had an exhausting day and was too tired/lazy to even pick up the remote). I was just looking for something - anything - positive to happen in the game that would give me some hope for game 2. It wasn't until we cut it to 12 with about 3:00 minutes to go that I thought a comeback was possible. Very glad I watched the whole second half, obviously.

Let's get a little mini-Clipper/NT summit going for game 2.

I'm down for anywhere near DTLA, Santa Monica, Culver City and MAYBE Long beach. Yay? Nay?

^^^ Ordinarily I'd be in, but I'm crazy busy with work this week. I'm going to have to watch the game at home and get work done during time outs and quarter/half breaks.

great win you guys. a 27 point comeback shows alot of heart. its inexcusable for the grizz tho. smh. good win.

Still don't understand how Blake and DJ can get outrebounded. 
mad.gif

Gotta bounce back and take the two at home. Anyone going to the games?

Originally Posted by xtianp

mad.gif

Clippers were getting pushed under the boards the entire game, refs weren't calling it. Most notably that Tony Allen over the back on Paul.

Even Reggie Evans was ineffective on the boards, which never happens.

I'll be glad when this series shifts back to LA tired of seeing Memphis and they butt fugly fanbase. 
Glad we stole game 1 btw.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

Originally Posted by xtianp

mad.gif

Clippers were getting pushed under the boards the entire game, refs weren't calling it. Most notably that Tony Allen over the back on Paul.

Even Reggie Evans was ineffective on the boards, which never happens.

I didn't get to see the game last night, but on another Clippers' board I go to they were making it sound like we really got @#$%ed by the refs last night.  Oh well, that kind of thing happens in the playoffs. Only thing left to do is take care of business at home.

^^Man DID WE SCREWED BY THE REFS!!! HE YEAH. It was crazy to see us get beat up, pushed, tripped but we put a finger on Memphis and they called a foul. They shot 39 free throws!!! Just don't add up. The one play that stood out was ZBO And1 call in the 4th where he drove middle and DJ went for the block and did touch Zach but the refs called foul. When that happened I said game over. This was a very very VERY poorly one sided officiated game.

Can't wait to be at Staples Sat and Monday. We better get a 21 FT advantage in game 3 and 4
laugh.gif

The worst one to me was the Tony Allen over the back on CP3.

Would've been his 4th early in the 3rd quarter, and obviously the refs know that. They couldn't let that happen.

We got screwed but we took back home court and couldnt help but feel proud when the Grizzweak fans didnt celebrate until the last minute.

[h1]Reggie Evans: 'We got punked'[/h1]

PLAYA VISTA, Calif. -- Los Angeles Clippers forward Reggie Evans said the Clippers got "punked" by the Memphis Grizzlies in Game 2 of their first-round series and need to respond in Game 3 in Los Angeles.

"We got punked around," Evans said. "It is what it is. They did a good job of being physical. It showed. The tape don't lie. We just learn from it. It's a great thing that we have a seven-game series ... We were pushed around and that goes for all of us."

The Grizzlies hit 31 of 39 free throws in Game 2 while the Clippers connected on just 13 of 18. The disparity at the free-throw line was compounded by the Grizzlies also grabbing 16 offensive rebounds to the Clippers' four and holding a 20 to 6 edge in fast-break points.

"You could say I got punked around a couple of times," Evans said. "They got 16 offensive rebounds, so what is that a sign of? We got pushed around, punked around, that's what it's a sign of. We just have to bounce back. They did what they're supposed to do and we did what we're supposed to do. We went there and stole one and they came back and hit us back."

The Clippers emphasized being more physical in Game 3 after feeling like they got pushed around by the Memphis Grizzlies in Game 2.

"The film doesn't lie and we had a long flight back, too," Clippers guard Chris Paul said. "We talked and we spent a lot of time together so it's no secret what we need to do ... We have to get more physical, and we have to figure out a way to get to free-throw line more and cut down on there's (free throw attempts). We came out aggressive but I don't think we sustained it for 48 minutes and so hopefully we can do that at home. You have to do whatever we have to do to win."

One of the players getting hit the hardest in this series, not surprisingly, has been Clippers forward Blake Griffin, who primarily has been guarded by Zach Randolph with Marc Gasol and Mareese Speights helping out at times.

"It's a fine line. It's just about being more aggressive and taking it to them first and not having to try and pick it up halfway through the game," Griffin said. "You want to be the team that attacks first ... They're physical and they've stepped it up another notch in the playoffs. Sometimes it's tough to differentiate between that line of being extra physical and getting called for fouls so we have to find that line and take it to them."

Evans, who probably is the most aggressive player on the Clippers, has been talking to Griffin and DeAndre Jordan about being more aggressive in the paint during the playoffs and expects both to be the aggressors on Saturday after what happened to them on Wednesday.

"It's a mindset," Evans said. "It's like a little kid getting bullied all the time, eventually the kid's either going to run or bite back. I could tell they had it out for me and were trying to be more physical against me in the second game. It was kind of funny but it is what it is."

http://espn.go.com/los-an...-angeles-clippers-game-2

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

[h1]Reggie Evans: 'We got punked'[/h1]

PLAYA VISTA, Calif. -- Los Angeles Clippers forward Reggie Evans said the Clippers got "punked" by the Memphis Grizzlies in Game 2 of their first-round series and need to respond in Game 3 in Los Angeles.

"We got punked around," Evans said. "It is what it is. They did a good job of being physical. It showed. The tape don't lie. We just learn from it. It's a great thing that we have a seven-game series ... We were pushed around and that goes for all of us."

The Grizzlies hit 31 of 39 free throws in Game 2 while the Clippers connected on just 13 of 18. The disparity at the free-throw line was compounded by the Grizzlies also grabbing 16 offensive rebounds to the Clippers' four and holding a 20 to 6 edge in fast-break points.

"You could say I got punked around a couple of times," Evans said. "They got 16 offensive rebounds, so what is that a sign of? We got pushed around, punked around, that's what it's a sign of. We just have to bounce back. They did what they're supposed to do and we did what we're supposed to do. We went there and stole one and they came back and hit us back."

The Clippers emphasized being more physical in Game 3 after feeling like they got pushed around by the Memphis Grizzlies in Game 2.

"The film doesn't lie and we had a long flight back, too," Clippers guard Chris Paul said. "We talked and we spent a lot of time together so it's no secret what we need to do ... We have to get more physical, and we have to figure out a way to get to free-throw line more and cut down on there's (free throw attempts). We came out aggressive but I don't think we sustained it for 48 minutes and so hopefully we can do that at home. You have to do whatever we have to do to win."

One of the players getting hit the hardest in this series, not surprisingly, has been Clippers forward Blake Griffin, who primarily has been guarded by Zach Randolph with Marc Gasol and Mareese Speights helping out at times.

"It's a fine line. It's just about being more aggressive and taking it to them first and not having to try and pick it up halfway through the game," Griffin said. "You want to be the team that attacks first ... They're physical and they've stepped it up another notch in the playoffs. Sometimes it's tough to differentiate between that line of being extra physical and getting called for fouls so we have to find that line and take it to them."

Evans, who probably is the most aggressive player on the Clippers, has been talking to Griffin and DeAndre Jordan about being more aggressive in the paint during the playoffs and expects both to be the aggressors on Saturday after what happened to them on Wednesday.

"It's a mindset," Evans said. "It's like a little kid getting bullied all the time, eventually the kid's either going to run or bite back. I could tell they had it out for me and were trying to be more physical against me in the second game. It was kind of funny but it is what it is."

http://espn.go.com/los-an...-angeles-clippers-game-2

Finally they said it. Thats what always happens. Griffin gets pushed around and he stays out of the key. Only Kmart aint no punk. But we start pushing back we could take it to any team.

All right. That one was too close, like all our wins, but I'll take it again. 3-1 feels real good. But we gotta close it out and I don't see this Grizz team lying down. CP sealed it, but a lot of guys made big plays in this one. Blake making clutch free throws, big 3s by Young and Mo and solid defense all around. Nice win.

Good win. Gave the Grizz to many chances. If we want to even have a shot at the Spurs we need to shut down teams. Get some easy wins let the starters rest every game is coming to the last minute.

This is the playoffs, there won't be any easy wins. Glad the Clips was able to overcome poor rebounding and missed free throws to take care of business at home. Need to improve in both of those things to be able to have a shot to close this series out on the road.

Back
Top Bottom