Official 2011 Dallas Mavericks Off-Season Thread. VOL: 2011 NBA Champions, Welcome Rudy Fernandez!

So, Chandler, Barea, Butler and Stevenson are free agents. Who you guys see the Mavs being able to resign?

So, Chandler, Barea, Butler and Stevenson are free agents. Who you guys see the Mavs being able to resign?

Congrats
pimp.gif
, well-deserved.

I guess you didn't want the NT prize of having your off-season thread made by frontrunner...
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

Congrats
pimp.gif
, well-deserved.

I guess you didn't want the NT prize of having your off-season thread made by frontrunner...
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

They did it 
eek.gif
This team defied the odds all year long, even I said they didn't have the talent to win it all....it makes no sense, but then again this whole playoff run has been weird. If the Mavs were gonna win, this might as well have been the year to do it.

Just ironic that for years the criticism of the Mavs was that Dirk didn't have enough help. Tonight, Dirk was awful for 3 quarters and the Mavs got contributions from nearly everyone on the roster. Jason Terry had the game of his career, Barea kept them going in the 4th as the Heat tried to make a run, but we're talking about Stevenson hitting threes in the 1st half, Brian Cardinal and Ian Mahinmi putting in minutes. When you see the team's 10th and 11th men contributing like that...it's just beautiful to watch.

Congratulations, well-deserved. I've always said that it takes at least two top-5 position players to win it all. I want to say this is the most impressive championship run since the 1994 Rockets but you can argue that Tyson Chandler is a top-5 center (1. Dwight 2. Bynum 3. Bogut 4. ? 5. ?) Dirk might have finally got his top-5 teammate and they're finally champs

They did it 
eek.gif
This team defied the odds all year long, even I said they didn't have the talent to win it all....it makes no sense, but then again this whole playoff run has been weird. If the Mavs were gonna win, this might as well have been the year to do it.

Just ironic that for years the criticism of the Mavs was that Dirk didn't have enough help. Tonight, Dirk was awful for 3 quarters and the Mavs got contributions from nearly everyone on the roster. Jason Terry had the game of his career, Barea kept them going in the 4th as the Heat tried to make a run, but we're talking about Stevenson hitting threes in the 1st half, Brian Cardinal and Ian Mahinmi putting in minutes. When you see the team's 10th and 11th men contributing like that...it's just beautiful to watch.

Congratulations, well-deserved. I've always said that it takes at least two top-5 position players to win it all. I want to say this is the most impressive championship run since the 1994 Rockets but you can argue that Tyson Chandler is a top-5 center (1. Dwight 2. Bynum 3. Bogut 4. ? 5. ?) Dirk might have finally got his top-5 teammate and they're finally champs

For all the crap that has been talked about JET, this MFer came up HUGE in the Finals, and in the Playoffs in general.

I don't care what he does for the rest of his career, he can brick every single shot he puts up for the rest of his time in Dallas, I want that mans jersey retired.

He was the second biggest reason why we won it this year. His offense was unbelievable, especially in games 5 and 6.

Tyson and Barea need to be back absolutely.

Hope for Caron next, but we really need to chill and see what happens with the CBA.

For all the crap that has been talked about JET, this MFer came up HUGE in the Finals, and in the Playoffs in general.

I don't care what he does for the rest of his career, he can brick every single shot he puts up for the rest of his time in Dallas, I want that mans jersey retired.

He was the second biggest reason why we won it this year. His offense was unbelievable, especially in games 5 and 6.

Tyson and Barea need to be back absolutely.

Hope for Caron next, but we really need to chill and see what happens with the CBA.

Originally Posted by toine2983

Congrats to y'all, didn't think y'all could get it done but y'all did.
pimp.gif

Talk about ultimate revenge.

Y'all did it in 6 games on their home floor after winning 3 straight.

Originally Posted by toine2983

Congrats to y'all, didn't think y'all could get it done but y'all did.
pimp.gif

Talk about ultimate revenge.

Y'all did it in 6 games on their home floor after winning 3 straight.

Also gotta give props to Rick Carlisle. He deserved criticism last year after the mess in the Spurs series but this year, he limited minutes for Dirk and Kidd and developed a nine/ten-man rotation and stuck with it. He's emerged as one of the top coaches in the NBA.

Also Dwain Casey has been huge for our defense, he's pretty much the defensive coordinator and is what Tom Thibodeau was to the Celtics. I'm glad we're keeping him for now because he is definitely qualified to be a HC somewhere

Also gotta give props to Rick Carlisle. He deserved criticism last year after the mess in the Spurs series but this year, he limited minutes for Dirk and Kidd and developed a nine/ten-man rotation and stuck with it. He's emerged as one of the top coaches in the NBA.

Also Dwain Casey has been huge for our defense, he's pretty much the defensive coordinator and is what Tom Thibodeau was to the Celtics. I'm glad we're keeping him for now because he is definitely qualified to be a HC somewhere

I'll be quite sad if Casey leaves, but the man needs to do what he can for himself.

Whatever the case, it was an amazing year.

I'm saving my essays till later.
laugh.gif

I'll be quite sad if Casey leaves, but the man needs to do what he can for himself.

Whatever the case, it was an amazing year.

I'm saving my essays till later.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom