Official 2011 Dallas Mavericks Off-Season Thread. VOL: 2011 NBA Champions, Welcome Rudy Fernandez!

Man now everybody at the gym wants to come down, take a few crab dribbles (which is simply a backdown dribble btw) and yell "Dirk!!" while shooting a leaning back off 1 foot fadeaway.

I'd take this Big 3 over Miami's big three.

kidd5_627_080211.jpg

MIAMI -- Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban said championship parades and title rings just aren't his style, but the 2010-11 NBA champions will be riding floats through the streets of Dallas very soon.

And Cuban said he's picking up the tab.

"We'll do it," Cuban said early Monday morning. "All I told them was -- Terdema Ussery, our president -- you plan the parade. I'll pay for it because I don't think it's right for the city to have to pay for it. And let's just have some fun."

[h4]NBA Finals on ESPN.com[/h4]
mia.gif
dal.gif
The Mavericks defeated the Heat, 4-2, to win the NBA title. Get your championship coverage on ESPN.com:

• Finals page | Finals schedule
• Mavs Center | Blog | ESPN Dallas
• Heat Index | TrueHoop | Playoffs

Any talk of a parade prior to the Mavs' 105-95 Game 6 victory over the Miami Heat on Sunday night was considered taboo.

Five years ago, after Dallas took a 2-0 lead in the Finals over the Heat and were bound for South Beach, parade plans were revealed and it became the first embarrassing mishap in an epic meltdown that has finally come to an end.

City officials still haven't set a date.

One area where Cuban hinted he might break with tradition is presenting championship rings to his players.

"I might not get rings," the Mavs' billionaire owner told NBATV. "Rings are old school. You've seen it before: There's guys who pick up the sweats and towels and they have these big, blingy rings. I'm like, 'Rings are done. It's time to take it to the next level.'"

What does he have up his sleeve? Cuban refused to reveal what he was thinking.

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

MIAMI -- Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban said championship parades and title rings just aren't his style, but the 2010-11 NBA champions will be riding floats through the streets of Dallas very soon.

And Cuban said he's picking up the tab.

"We'll do it," Cuban said early Monday morning. "All I told them was -- Terdema Ussery, our president -- you plan the parade. I'll pay for it because I don't think it's right for the city to have to pay for it. And let's just have some fun."

[h4]NBA Finals on ESPN.com[/h4]
mia.gif
dal.gif
The Mavericks defeated the Heat, 4-2, to win the NBA title. Get your championship coverage on ESPN.com:

• Finals page | Finals schedule
• Mavs Center | Blog | ESPN Dallas
• Heat Index | TrueHoop | Playoffs

Any talk of a parade prior to the Mavs' 105-95 Game 6 victory over the Miami Heat on Sunday night was considered taboo.

Five years ago, after Dallas took a 2-0 lead in the Finals over the Heat and were bound for South Beach, parade plans were revealed and it became the first embarrassing mishap in an epic meltdown that has finally come to an end.

City officials still haven't set a date.

One area where Cuban hinted he might break with tradition is presenting championship rings to his players.

"I might not get rings," the Mavs' billionaire owner told NBATV. "Rings are old school. You've seen it before: There's guys who pick up the sweats and towels and they have these big, blingy rings. I'm like, 'Rings are done. It's time to take it to the next level.'"

What does he have up his sleeve? Cuban refused to reveal what he was thinking.

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Congrats to all of the mavs fans on here. It was an amazing thing last night inside the AAC last night for the watch party.

Where can I cop a dirk authentic finals jersey?

Congrats to all of the mavs fans on here. It was an amazing thing last night inside the AAC last night for the watch party.

Where can I cop a dirk authentic finals jersey?

Ok so lets talk draft.

Dallas has the 26th pick in the 1st round and the 57th in the 2nd round.

I think we need to get a SF and maybe a backup PF.

We are good at PG and SG with Kidd, JJ, Roddy, Jet, Caron...

Getting a back up PF would help spell Dirk and a SF who can shoot would be a nice fit.

Thoughts?

Right now...NBAdraft.net says the Mavs take Justin Harper 6-9 PF from Richmond in the 1st and Cam Long 6-4 SG from George Mason in the 2nd.

Ok so lets talk draft.

Dallas has the 26th pick in the 1st round and the 57th in the 2nd round.

I think we need to get a SF and maybe a backup PF.

We are good at PG and SG with Kidd, JJ, Roddy, Jet, Caron...

Getting a back up PF would help spell Dirk and a SF who can shoot would be a nice fit.

Thoughts?

Right now...NBAdraft.net says the Mavs take Justin Harper 6-9 PF from Richmond in the 1st and Cam Long 6-4 SG from George Mason in the 2nd.

a pf yes but we dont need anymore sfs we have trix,caron(if resigned) n brewer will play some 3 n we also will have peja if hes willing to be signed for cheap

a pf yes but we dont need anymore sfs we have trix,caron(if resigned) n brewer will play some 3 n we also will have peja if hes willing to be signed for cheap

Back
Top Bottom